Player
    Character
    Saito Hikari
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 90

An Inquiry into Eureka post-expansion

I'm honestly quite surprised that none of the media people have asked the staff during the media tour or at E3 about what's going to happen to Eureka after the expansion. Or well, someone probably did, but no one is talking about it.

The reason I ask is that as someone that has an interest in watching such major content not end up predictably dying, I've come to realize that by the nature of Eureka's design... You won't be able to unsync for Eureka's relics, compared to the previous two relics. Meaning that if the Eureka relic is to be 'nerfed', it will have to be done through other methods tied to progression in Eureka itself.

So, what exactly is to be done with Eureka to alleviate this?

I've been tossing around a couple ideas, though I imagine the developers have thought of something different. Even so, I'll share mine regardless, in case someone in the development process reads this.

1) Allow us to use skills up to level 80 in Eureka.

Eureka has a different progression system compared to the rest of the game. It's similar to PoTD and HoH in that regard, but the dungeons are more tightly balanced around their respective caps, while Eureka really isn't due to being mostly open world. Allowing us to use ShB skills in Eureka likely wouldn't result in the balance shifting too much, but capping skills to level 70 would probably lead to enough bad taste in people's mouths to cause fence sitters to not even bother.

2) Either allow all NMs to drop Eurekan fragments, or allow us to exchange crystals for Eurekan Fragments.

I find that one of the consequences of keeping NM spawn conditions hidden (even if the community has mostly figured it out themselves) is that it's contributed to the behavior of a 'NM train' that is mostly just AFK waiting for a small group of people to spawn them one by one.

Letting NMs drop Eurekan fragments or allowing us to exchange crystals for fragments would go a long way towards poking the train to be a bit more proactive. Doing NMs wouldn't just be for EXP/relic progression then, it'd also contribute towards Baldeson Arsenal gearing progression, the ultimate goal of many people in Eureka.

Assuming NMs drop fragments directly:
    - Anemos: Level 1-10 NMs drop 1 fragment, level 11-15 NMs drop 2 fragments, level 16-20 NMs drop 3 fragments
    - Pagos: Level 20-30 NMs drop 2 fragments, level 31-35 NMs drop 3 fragments
    - Pyros: Level 35-45 NMs drop 2 fragments, level 46-50 NMs drop 3 fragments
    - Hydatos: Level 50-55 NMs and Onvi drop 2 fragments, level 56-60 NMs drop 3 fragments. Support FATE for Baldesion Arsenal drops 5 fragments.

Assuming you can exchange crystals for Eurekan fragments - conversion rate:
    - Anemos: 100 crystals per fragment
    - Pagos: 75 crystals per fragment
    - Pyros: 50 crystals per fragment
    - Hydatos: 25 crystals per fragment

So, what does everyone think should be done?
    (3)
    "Consider this old adage: When a Bard sings alone in a desert, and no one is around to hear him... Is he truly singing?"

Player
    Character
    Endris Caemwynn
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Gunbreaker Lv 90
    I'm kind of hoping that they eventually allow trusts for things like Eureka and Diadem once they become legacy content.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Leo Lupinos
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 90
    Eureka is already complete. If there is 1 player in the instance the NM will scale down so that you can complete it. There's nothing to nerf since one can complete everything there solo.
    And fragments are not needed for the relic completion.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Radimir Amira
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Daralii View Post
    I'm kind of hoping that they eventually allow trusts for things like Eureka and Diadem once they become legacy content.
    If I recall correctly, they mentioned Diadem being reworked and implemented into the whole Ishgard restoration in the previous live letter.
    (0)

Feel free to hit me up at my discord: Fuji#9732

Player
    Character
    Elara Almasombria
    World
    Sagittarius
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by LeoLupinos View Post
    Eureka is already complete. If there is 1 player in the instance the NM will scale down so that you can complete it. There's nothing to nerf since one can complete everything there solo.
    And fragments are not needed for the relic completion.
    Erm no, that's not how Eureka works. A person alone in there, well, GL HF.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Raldo Volca
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 80
    I just assume they'll raise the iLevel cap up, and leave everything else the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Driavna View Post
    While you may not have any luck soloing the higher-end NMs, that is indeed how Eureka works. I've soloed Askalaphos in Pyros, and done solo bunnies a LOT.
    (0)
    Last edited by Raldo; 06-19-2019 at 05:32 AM.

Player
    Character
    Leo Lupinos
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 90
    I did solo NM with RDM when everyone left after the instance being locked, a lot of times. First you have proof of what you call a lie, then you have value.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Y'sira Kurai
    World
    Halicarnassus
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 90
    BA should be the only place to earn fragments in my opinion. The discords will still be running the content. Personallly I hope they don't nerf BA in the least and make it something people still need to learn and work though. It's really fun if done as intended.

Maybe they should nerf ultimate too then and let us filthy casuals give tomestones for the weapons earned there. Why should we have to actually do the fight?
    (3)
    Last edited by LaylaTsarra; 06-19-2019 at 05:41 AM.

Player
    Character
    Diaval Alucard
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 80
    You can solo most of the stuff there, but it requires a minimum of a single full party to deal with the high level stuff in each zone. Basically the stuff that you can't level sync to are the difficult ones.

As for OP. I think you'd be able to go there with level 80 skills, since only your elemental level and ilevel are synced. Also, if they can implement the logos system into Anemos and Pagos, that would be helpful.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Leo Lupinos
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Alucard135 View Post
    You can solo most of the stuff there, but it requires a minimum of a single full party to deal with the high level stuff in each zone. Basically the stuff that you can't level sync to are the difficult ones.
    Yes. Adding to the information, the items needed to complete the relic can be purchased with crystals already.
    (1)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast