Player
    Character
    Aure Rainn
    World
    Louisoix
    Main Class
    Samurai Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCurls View Post
    Because of a screenshot lacking context or potential previous chat? Let’s say the new person screwed up a couple times and wiped the party- then that “oh boy” becomes passive aggressive and this guy is hiding behind “I said nothing to you” when it could clearly be -about- them.

I am in no way saying that’s what happened as I wasn’t there, but being against something with no context given is...asinine.
    Well, I can tell you right now it had nothing to do with him. While he was attacking a single enemy, the healer accidentally aggro'd 4 more while tank wasn't looking. Not like a GM is able to review the moment of the crime in the future.
    PS. it was nothing serious, there were no wipes, I was BLM so I just used Sleep on the mobs and that was that.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Desia Demarseille
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Xtrasweettea View Post
    Then you will be completely fine with having yourself getting disciplined for things you say in chat or perform in the game that could be harmless to you and your closest friends, but not to 3rd party who is witness the action or can see the words you typed on the screen. You will be good with being disciplined, even if it is no more than a warning at first, for such words and actions due to the broadness of the rules and the lack of SE defined terms.
    This was one of my concerns with the rules broadness as well. Things you and those close to you know to be jokes, or beliefs you may hold, or etc can be used as a method of punishment if someone who is not even aware of the context or part of it hears it. If the person who reports has a certain belief or bent, or the GM does, then people can be banned or suspended over things that they really honestly shouldnt be. Thats a core issue with the "emotional distress/offense" reasoning: If someone finds it offensive, context be damned.
    (5)

Player
    Character
    Brielle Artemus
    World
    Exodus
    Main Class
    Reaper Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Xtrasweettea View Post
    Then you will be completely fine with having yourself getting disciplined for things you say in chat or perform in the game that could be harmless to you and your closest friends, but not to 3rd party who is witness the action or can see the words you typed on the screen. You will be good with being disciplined, even if it is no more than a warning at first, for such words and actions due to the broadness of the rules and the lack of SE defined terms.

If you can accept those things, then good for you. That is your sub money.
    That won't happen. You and many others posting here are running to the worst possible places with this. Contrary to what you guys think, no one cares about you or what you say. The vast majority of players are only concerned with whatever it is they're doing.

If you never had a problem before, you won't have one now.
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Aevis Sylph
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 70
    This seems to be a set of rules for a community capable of good will towards random people on the internet. This would assume that said community is able to completely understand the context of every text-based situation it is exposed to in-game. And that the road to heaven is paved with good intentions.
    (1)
    Happiness is manditory.
    Not being happy is treason.
    Treason is punishable by death.

Player
    Character
    Desia Demarseille
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Lium View Post
    That won't happen. You and many others posting here are running to the worst possible places with this. Contrary to what you guys think, no one cares about you or what you say. The vast majority of players are only concerned with whatever it is they're doing.

No one is saying the vast majority, problem is were saying a vocal minority will in regards to these kind of concerns. And this we have evidence of thsi happening on other platforms that instill similar broad and ambiguous ToS. From games to Social media, the broad user base is silent on most of this. Its a smaller more contentious segments of that base that are hyper vocal and resort to using adn abusing the system. This is what some people are concerned with. Im not sure why you think that this wont happen when weve seen it happen on other platforms and games. Why should we expect this to be any different.

The great irony I think is that people arent opposed to GM intervention as we can see situations where people are clearly abusing the system, but most people want very clearly defined rules and territories. This is not whats being given to us.
    (7)

Player
    Character
    Fyce Alvey
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Lium View Post

This is simply not true. SE clearly told us that they want to take things in their own hands from now, because their previous stance on the matter -ie: "let the community regulate itself"- isn't working anymore. SE will regulate cases that they wouldn't review before. It's a full on 180° turn from what they have done until now. Brushing that off as easily as you do is simply being either ignorant or careless.
    So far, you don't have a single proof or even clue as to what SE clearly defines as "abusive behavior". We are talking about a japanese company with their own views on that definition. And that's what they now want to enforce with this "major change to [their] fundamental policy".

In short, things that were previously handled by the community itself are now going to see SE get involved and ultimatly have the last word regarding what they think is offensive or not.

I sincerely wish I was able to have your optimism and willingness to think that "nothing will change", or that it's as simple a "don't be a jerk" even if you actually have no idea what SE think being a jerk is... But the thing is, people have legitimate reasons to think about the worst case scenario. The official forums are the best example of SE's possible harsh policy. Thinking "that won't happen" where there are obvious precedents is not everyone's default stance when their account is at risk of getting striked and -because of SE's Account Penalty system- eventually banned.

It does affect everyone. Everyone's behavior will be under SE's jugement and possibly banhammer, which wasn't the case before. At least not so strictly. Heck, that's the point, we don't actually know how strict they want to be.
    (5)

Player
    Character
    Eyliria Dawnbreaker
    World
    Ultros
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 70
    On the bright side, there is less complaining about male vieras at the moment.

So, yay, positive.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Senliten Solstice
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Samurai Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Khanscott View Post
    This seems to be a set of rules for a community capable of good will towards random people on the internet. This would assume that said community is able to completely understand the context of every text-based situation it is exposed to in-game. And that the road to heaven is paved with good intentions.
    And if not mistaken, SE..... more specifically, Yoshi-P and the ffxiv crew, have a history of this mindset in expectations during the creation and development of content, but has ended up bitting in the backside each time.

History repeating itself once again, yet this time people are calling them out on it, especially those of us whom work in the field of CSR and Field Services, whom can see just what the implications with their wording will cause.
    (6)

Player
    Character
    Lady Lunafreya
    World
    Faerie
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by MorbolvampireQueen6 View Post
    Ya and when the tank dies after not putting it on after we ask nicely who do they yell at? Oh ya us healer lol

If I'm not allowed to leave a toxic party .. then your rule is missed up period.. i shouldn't have to put up with them being toxic trolling and then i don't even get a mount archivement like a tank nty
    Easy solution to the toxic tank. Just report them for "causing you deep emotional stress" and "hurting and obstructing" your enjoyment of the game. Everyone is a victim now and all victims are justified no matter what. Can't wait to see how this ends...
    (5)

Player
    Character
    Brielle Artemus
    World
    Exodus
    Main Class
    Reaper Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Fyce View Post
    I sincerely wish I was able to have your optimism and willingness to think that "nothing will change", or that it's as simple a "don't be a jerk" even if you actually have no idea what SE think being a jerk is...
    It's not optimism, it's realism. I can bet you my next month's sub fee that your account will be fine. I can promise you my account will be completely okay going forward. I (sort of) understand where many of you are coming from with the concerns about the vagueness of the new rules, but I really think this is just hyperbole. People just freaking out for no reason.

Just look at the posts in this thread. "Welp. Guess I can't talk to anyone anymore." "If I tell a healer to DPS a little I can get banned now!" Just no. No you are not. Posters have already tried to tell me that some of the things I've said in this thread are violations under the new rules. One guy/gal even said they were going to report me.

Guess what? I'm fine. You will be, too. I cannot stress enough how little people care about you. And I'm not saying that in a bad way. People are just more concerned about what they're doing. (Myself included.) And for the odd person that does report you for something that seems like a non-issue, the GMs can look at chat logs. They can see what's going on. I can promise you they won't take action on a scenario like what I described above. And by the way, I'm basing my opinions on many other MP games I've played that have had similar rules changes.

People freaked out in those games, too. Nothing happened.
    (4)

Page 60 of 100 FirstFirst ... 10 50 58 59 60 61 62 70 ... LastLast