Page 37 of 100 FirstFirst ... 27 35 36 37 38 39 47 87 ... LastLast
    Player
    Character
    Brann Maccoinneach
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 23
    Doesn't matter what the system is meant to do. What matters is what the system will do. Or will be used to do. "You don't pay my sub" is now, under the new terms, bannable. End of line. That's the problem.

If someone is rude to you, block them. If they ruin the run, leave and report them. But there's no reason to report someone just for being rude. People being rude to one another is a simple fact of life. If you suck, expect to get told you suck. If you can't handle that, then find a different kind of content. FFXIV is a very varied game with plenty of content. If you don't like how you are expected to play, leave. That logic works both ways. If you can't do a raid without getting your feelings hurt that someone blamed you for a TPW, then you shouldn't be doing raids. Not eveyone has the time or energy to be your coach. Especially when the information has been getting drilled into your head ever since level 10. If you don't get it by now, then clearly the problem isn't the game, or the party, the problem is you.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Momeen Dapoulet
    World
    Lamia
    Main Class
    Dragoon Lv 80
    Looks like you can send a email in the Contact Us portion of the support center page. I've picked whatever the closest issue to what I wanted to express and went to manually send a ticket with my complaint on it.
    If anyone else is interested in doing the same then I've laid out a way to do it, for now.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Zi Zizi
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by RognarB View Post
    Looks like you can send a email in the Contact Us portion of the support center page. I've picked whatever the closest issue to what I wanted to express and went to manually send a ticket with my complaint on it.
    If anyone else is interested in doing the same then I've laid out a way to do it, for now.
    Thanks for sharing lets spread the word.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Charlemagne Martell
    World
    Malboro
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 80
    Can someone who can read Japanese look at the ToS for the Japanese version of the game and compare to this language in our English ToS?

I have a strong suspicion ours is much more vague than theirs is. I have a hard time believing the devs actually approved of banning people for trying to meet up IRL given Fanfest is something they run and put on just for this purpose, and people coordinate in-game to meetup at Fanfest. That's extremely common and normal behavior.

Also, the rules are vague enough that anyone having any disagreement about anything, even if you're not intending to insult them, could be grounds for a ban.

I mean sheesh, the way this "Expressions that compel a playing style" phrase is worded if you ask a tank to put on their tank stance or telling them that they need to tank swap, that could be considered against the ToS. Encouraging people to play the game correctly or teaching them boss encounter mechanics is now bannable.

I cannot believe that anyone from Japan signed off on this. Their ToS must read differently. I simply do not believe Yoshi approved of this and it has to be the US team is overstepping bounds.

I totally understand adding additional rules due to actual griefers who abuse encounter mechanics, but this is far more than is needed.
    (5)
    Last edited by therpgfanatic; 02-13-2019 at 06:33 AM.

Player
    Character
    Nera Mistdancer
    World
    Omega
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by therpgfanatic View Post
    Can someone who can read Japanese look at the ToS for the Japanese version of the game and compare to this language in our English ToS?

I have a strong suspicion ours is much more vague than theirs is. I have a hard time believing the devs actually approved of banning people for trying to meet up IRL given Fanfest is something they run and put on just for this purpose, and people coordinate in-game to meetup at Fanfest.

Also, the rules are vague enough that anyone having any disagreement about anything, even if you're not intending to insult them, could be grounds for a ban.

I mean sheesh, the way this "Expressions that compel a playing style" phrase is worded if you ask a tank to put on their tank stance or telling them that they need to tank swap, that could be considered against the ToS. Encouraging people to play the game correctly or teaching them boss encounter mechanics is now bannable.

I cannot believe that anyone from Japan signed off on this. Their ToS must read differently. I simply do not believe Yoshi approved of this and it has to be the US team is overstepping bounds.

I get adding additional rules due to actual griefers who abuse encounter mechanics, but this is far more than is needed.
    Personally, I don't think that the language differences truly matter here, as the communities are so different that they might as well have worded them vaguely on purpose to cover their asses. However, itmight be interesting to see if the same thing happens with the french and german versions, as that's where we can start comparing them on the same ground (considering that the in-game localizations often differ between these languages, it might be worth checking here too).
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Gemina Lunarian
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Lauront View Post
    Their perception is no doubt skewed. I've been on other MMOs, and comparatively speaking, this one has one of the most polite, friendly communities of any.
    I'm not going to argue with that. This is a big reason why I think most players don't have anything to worry about. I know we are currently living in a society that is overly sensitive, and certain rights we have are questionable if we actually truly do still have them because everyone feels like they have to walk on egg shells. But you don't have to. I know I don't, and I'm not worried at all. Be a respectable human being and you won't ever have to worry about receiving corrective action from the GMs.

Sorry but I'm not going to take attitudes like offering advice on dps, or pointing out errors in dps rotations or the actions someone is taking, as "toxic".
    That's cool. Then you accept that another player can claim you are harassing them by you behaving this way. You are not a member of this person's FC, a friend, or any kind of confidant where your advice is solicited. You are literally going to waste not only your time, but everyone else's as well trying to get this player to see 2+2=4.
    (4)

How I came to be by the side of the chosen, and the moments we've sewn.
    This soul. Its attachment to all living things. The love they have known.
    Oh Warrior of light if only you could hear,
    just how closely I hold you dear.

Player
    Character
    Vice Shark
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Samurai Lv 90
    So on a slightly different note...anyone curious as to what kind of streams and social media outlet SE was watching/reading to prompt them to up their moderating policies?

It's gotta be a couple of really bad ones to finally make them tip the boat. Maybe they ventured too deep into reddit? Or was it another major incident in Japan that's being kept on the down-low?

EDIT: P.S: I swear I was not the one streaming that play dead lala and finally made some suit in S.E lose their mind. Totes.
    (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rein_eon_Osborne View Post
    Healing DRK is literally... the same since ShB. The reason why people think it's a meme to heal nowadays because DRK receives very little to no buff to their sustainability vs 3 other tanks getting something useful. If you're capable of healing DRK back in ShB (or any tanks), then you'll heal EW DRK just fine.

Player
    Character
    Charlemagne Martell
    World
    Malboro
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 80
    I can't believe people are defending this.

One of the new things that can get you banned:

Expressions that unilaterally reject another person's opinion

You can now be banned for just disagreeing with someone.
    (11)

Player
    Character
    Zephera Mortera
    World
    Zalera
    Main Class
    Monk Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by therpgfanatic View Post
    You can now be banned for just disagreeing with someone.
    A company like SE isn't going to reject money and ban a paying customer over a minor disagreement.
    (6)

Player
    Character
    Nessa Goddessly
    World
    Ravana
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 90
    Someone earlier mentioned with the new rules how someone could be banned for saying "Hi" and here is an example how.
    One player "Hi"
    Other player "I was deeply offended at another player's use of the word " Hi". The way they spoke to me was far too informal, considering the fact we had not even met before. Their familiarity was deeply unsettling for me. Not only that, but everybody knows that "Hi" is an acronym for "Huge Idiot" so [the player] was being incredibly rude and belittling. "

You can get penalised for offending another player, even if it wasn't your intention, under these new rules, so trolls could exploit it by reporting in the manner seen above.
    (6)
    Last edited by NessaWyvern; 02-13-2019 at 09:33 AM.

Page 37 of 100 FirstFirst ... 27 35 36 37 38 39 47 87 ... LastLast