Player
    Character
    Nomfur Farredzasyn
    World
    Omega
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90

Refund Policy due to Riots

Alright, so I know Eventbrite says no refunds unless SE cancels the event, but I'm wondering what can be done for those that can't make it due to the riots going on in Paris. They've been going on every Saturday for a while now (but started a few months after the tickets sold out). For those of us who cannot safely make it as a result of this, what recourse do we have? Even if it means giving up our in-game mount and minion that came with the ticket.
    (0)
    White Mage ~ Scholar ~ Paladin
    Quote Originally Posted by Spiroglyph View Post
    Boi if you got kicked for the same thing in over 20 duties I strongly suggest you think hard on whatever the hell it is you're doing

As I'm sure you are well aware, it takes more than one person to be able to kick a player from a duty, so in all those instances there were at least two people agreeing they'd be better off without you tanking.

Player
    Character
    Maximum Powerful
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 90
    if the paris fanfest goes anything like las vegas fanfest your SDS fenrir and minion codes should come thru your e-mail.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Ael Phoenix
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 90
    We already have our SDS fenrir codes, check your emails if you've not seen it

As for the protests/riots, as far as I recall from Parisians in our Eu Event discord, the protests are on a Saturday and whilst move a little they are usually localised in the same kind of area surrounding the Arc De Triomphe. Since the fan fest is held on the opposite side and away from city centre, the locals in our discord have no concern for the event. As on the Saturday we will not be touring Paris but will be in the event. The Metro's will give off which stations to avoid if needed. The locals have family who work in the city centre close to the area and have still been able to get to work etc.
    If you wish to talk to our Parisian friends to help calm nerves a little, by all means come join us for a chat. If you're travelling alone, you can group with us if that makes you feel safer https://discord.gg/bFFWjku
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Vyncent Remethar
    World
    Mateus
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 70
    Hi! Would you be willing to sell me the ticket in case you're unable to go?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Nomfur Farredzasyn
    World
    Omega
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Alistaiir View Post
    Hi! Would you be willing to sell me the ticket in case you're unable to go?
    Can't sell them. Bound to my name, can't change the name on them, they demand ID to be able to get the ticket at the event. So selling is a no-go.
    (0)
    Boi if you got kicked for the same thing in over 20 duties I strongly suggest you think hard on whatever the hell it is you're doing

As I'm sure you are well aware, it takes more than one person to be able to kick a player from a duty, so in all those instances there were at least two people agreeing they'd be better off without you tanking.

Player
    Character
    Mansion Viscera
    World
    Louisoix
    Main Class
    Sage Lv 90
    It might be a bit late, but the "riots" are not as bad as what they look like. Really. It's a bunch of people in precise areas. Nothing (absolutely nothing) in most of Paris, and the Fan Fest location is far from these places.

I live and work in Paris, really there's nothing to worry about.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Sakae Leveilleur
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 70
    Hey, jumping in on this thread as my question/concern is with travel too; I am travelling from the UK via Eurostar, however, the heavy snowfall anticipated this Thursday means my train on Friday could very well be cancelled, as a few trains have been cancelled already. Is anyone else travelling the same way? Or is anyone passing through the same way that I can travel with in case it all goes to hell? And if I miss the event completely would I be allowed a refund as it was out of my hands?
    (0)

Character
    Kyara Moonbane
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuutamo View Post
    We already have our SDS fenrir codes, check your emails if you've not seen it
    I didn't get an email, just checked. But then, I also didn't get an email concerning my registration for the signing sessions (if I got in), so I don't know what's going wrong there...
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Nomfur Farredzasyn
    World
    Omega
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Pseudonymous View Post
    And if I miss the event completely would I be allowed a refund as it was out of my hands?
    To answer this question, no you can't. I asked, no refunds unless the event is cancelled. If the event is cancelled, more information will be sent out.
    (0)