Results 2,721 to 2,730 of 2874
    Player
    Character
    M'leineya Leoh
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 90
    Smn pet engages, everyone engages, mob dead 2.5 seconds later. Not much to say really about ARR hunts other than the mechanics are don't blink and keep your finger on the fire button. Eventually though hunts will get to a stage where one person fires and kills it all by themselves whilst 100+ people standing around get nothing. Yoshida will be forced to change the ARR hunt system purely on how much more powerful players will become that they can 1-hit them whether he likes it or not.
    (1)
    Last edited by geekgirl101; 01-26-2019 at 02:31 AM.

Player
    Character
    Solala Sola
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by geekgirl101 View Post
    Smn pet engages, everyone engages, mob dead 2.5 seconds later. Not much to say really about ARR hunts other than the mechanics are don't blink and keep your finger on the fire button. Eventually though hunts will get to a stage where one person fires and kills it all by themselves whilst 100+ people standing around get nothing. Yoshida will be forced to change the ARR hunt system purely on how much more powerful players will become that they can 1-hit them whether he likes it or not.
    Most arr a ranks can be solod as it is, once people get some 5.0 end game gear this is almost literally going to be the case and hw hunts are going to be as bad as arr hunts now.
    I've said in other places that old expac a and s ranks should just be buffed to current game standards.
    I know some people don't like this cause they have the idea that people still leveling should be able to participate in those in their respective expansions, but this is a complete failure of an argument to keep them unchanged.
    I have the fastest mount speeds unlocked in every arr zone and I can't even get to an s rank before it's killed half the time, and a ranks are barely called out anymore, why should they be when a lv70 can so easily solo it.
    So how is someone still leveling supposed to participate in them?

Plus I'm very sure that being able to solo them completely goes against the intended design of overworld bosses
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Lho Polaali
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 23
    Quote Originally Posted by Orbus View Post
    I know some people don't like this cause they have the idea that people still leveling should be able to participate in those in their respective expansions, but this is a complete failure of an argument to keep them unchanged.
    At best you haven't seen people really argue that case, at worst this is a strawman. No one wants older hunts to be left unchanged, but they're not going to put level 80 enemies in areas where people who might not be able to level that high can roam around. Because not everyone has those expensions.
    An ARR hunt mark should abide by ARR standards. If the problem is higher level players, then those players should be synced down when interacting with the hunt marks.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    M'leineya Leoh
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by BillyKaplan View Post
    At best you haven't seen people really argue that case, at worst this is a strawman. No one wants older hunts to be left unchanged, but they're not going to put level 80 enemies in areas where people who might not be able to level that high can roam around. Because not everyone has those expensions.
    An ARR hunt mark should abide by ARR standards. If the problem is higher level players, then those players should be synced down when interacting with the hunt marks.
    This has been an argument for a while and a lot of people have said they should be synced, but how that is to be done is the tough question. There's 2 possible ways this can be done - changing the hunts so that they are a FATE like Ixion, Odin etc, or application of a level sync to the zones so that on entry you are the same level as the zone like what is done with Guild Wars 2.
    (0)
    Gaius van Baelsar: Nor is this unknown to your masters. Which prompts the question: what came first, the chicken or the egg?

Player
    Character
    Lho Polaali
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 23
    This has been an argument for a while and a lot of people have said they should be synced, but how that is to be done is the tough question. There's 2 possible ways this can be done - changing the hunts so that they are a FATE like Ixion, Odin etc, or application of a level sync to the zones so that on entry you are the same level as the zone like what is done with Guild Wars 2.
    I'd personally hate level sync in the overworld so I'm in favor of adapting a more FATE-like system. Have them be silent FATEs like Odin and Ixion where unless you're close enough you don't see it (minus the weather ofc).
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Vyncent Nolan
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Astrologian Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by NoboruSouma View Post
    This makes me angry on so many levels. Just because of some people that ruin The Hunt and SE not acknowledging their broken system .. creators and theorycrafters/-testers like you stop working on something they like working on. It sucks.
    Hunts don't belong to anyone. How many times does it need to be said?

Eventually though hunts will get to a stage where one person fires and kills it all by themselves whilst 100+ people standing around get nothing. Yoshida will be forced to change the ARR hunt system purely on how much more powerful players will become that they can 1-hit them whether he likes it or not.
    That's a player-created problem. Either keep hunts to a small group or risk getting nothing by telling the entire server. With world visit, so-called "snipers" may solve that problem for you.

why should they be when a lv70 can so easily solo it.
    So how is someone still leveling supposed to participate in them?
    Why should they be adjusted at all? Leaving them as is requires no additional time or resources.

Plus I'm very sure that being able to solo them completely goes against the intended design of overworld bosses
    Just had a job added that can do just that.

This has been an argument for a while and a lot of people have said they should be synced
    A lot of people want to be able to start a craft, finish a craft, zone in to the hunt area, form a group and get full credit while not contributing to the spawn at all. A lot of people also don't know what they're talking about. Notice the suggestions are either level sync or a period of invulnerability and are almost always directed at S ranks from previous expansions? Now why would that be? Doesn't address hunt radar, incentive to spawn hunts and of course, the tying of endgame upgrades to a time-gated resource that players compete for.

If players were given the option of level sync for hunts or cooldowns removed for old hunts, which do you think they would choose?
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Liam Harper
    World
    Zodiark
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Vnolan View Post
    That's a player-created problem. Either keep hunts to a small group or risk getting nothing by telling the entire server. With world visit, so-called "snipers" may solve that problem for you.
    No, it's not a player created problem. It's not a problem at all. It's a player-created benefit.

The majority of players have come across a Hunt mark, realized "hey I can share these rewards with others" and decided they prefer to do that. They've created linkshells, hunt communities, scout together, share information, make friends. You see players from all over your server out in the open world.

The intended method of keeping to a small group/solo means everyone loses out. We'd have no hunt trackers, no community, you'd simply scout for 2 hours solo for nothing only to realize another player cleaned out the area before you. The hunt would pretty much fizzle out and become a rare thing you come across while questing. I can't see how this is better than our community based activity.

It's not about somehow eliminating snipers or early pulls, that happens. All we're asking for is some common sense QoL changes to improve the Hunt for those who enjoy it. Things like making A and/or S ranks similar to Fates or NM's for example is perfectly fair.
    (10)

Player
    Character
    Noboru Souma
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    Machinist Lv 80
    Hunts don't belong to anyone. How many times does it need to be said?
    As long as it needs so even people like you get to the point. I don't need to answer you though, Liam said all to make your arguments invalid:

Quote Originally Posted by Liam_Harper View Post
    The majority of players have come across a Hunt mark, realized "hey I can share these rewards with others" and decided they prefer to do that. They've created linkshells, hunt communities, scout together, share information, make friends. You see players from all over your server out in the open world.

The intended method of keeping to a small group/solo means everyone loses out. We'd have no hunt trackers, no community, you'd simply scout for 2 hours solo for nothing only to realize another player cleaned out the area before you. The hunt would pretty much fizzle out and become a rare thing you come across while questing. I can't see how this is better than our community based activity.

It's not about somehow eliminating snipers or early pulls, that happens. All we're asking for is some common sense QoL changes to improve the Hunt for those who enjoy it. Things like making A and/or S ranks similar to Fates or NM's for example is perfectly fair.
    (2)
    # S Rank Spawn Veteran #
    proud member of the "Hunting House"
    ―――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――
    Community Ambassador at gamescom 2016

Player
    Character
    Vyncent Nolan
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Astrologian Lv 90
    The majority of players have come across a Hunt mark, realized "hey I can share these rewards with others" and decided they prefer to do that.
    The intended method of keeping to a small group/solo means everyone loses out.
    All we're asking for is some common sense QoL changes to improve the Hunt
    Okay

Things like making A and/or S ranks similar to Fates or NM's for example is perfectly fair.
    You lost me. If you're interested in having as many players as possible get in on it, why would you ask for that instead of no cooldowns for old hunts or a change in how rewards are obtained?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Kazela Arniman
    World
    Zalera
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 80
    Okay

You lost me. If you're interested in having as many players as possible get in on it, why would you ask for that instead of no cooldowns for old hunts or a change in how rewards are obtained?
    He's asking for the FATE/NM treatment since it's been seen in action and proven to work. Thus it should be the least difficult thing to implement, but of course, spaghetti code gonna spaghetti.
    (1)

Page 273 of 288 FirstFirst ... 173 223 263 271 272 273 274 275 283 ... LastLast