Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Player
    Character
    Anzu Miyoko
    World
    Adamantoise
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90

Change Battle Voice Tool Tip for Bard!!!

If you are not going to have Battle Voice affect Bards, I think the tool tip needs to be changed to say all party members excluding yourself. Right now it says all party members so that does include you as you are a party member.

Since your not having battle voice affect the player using it may I suggest changing the tool tip in the game to say that it doesn't affect the player using battle voice in some manner?
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Shiru Elysia
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    Astrologian Lv 90
    There's no need for that because, when the effect is actually provided to yourself, the description says it.

For exemple : The Balance
    "Increases damage dealt by a party member or self by 10%.
    Duration: 30s"

So if the description only mention "party member", it automatically exclude you, or they would mention it.
    (0)
    Last edited by KDSilver; 10-01-2018 at 07:37 AM.

Player
    Character
    Diana Crunchetta
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Blacksmith Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by KDSilver View Post
    There's no need for that because, when the effect is actually provided to yourself, the description says it.

For exemple : The Balance
    "Increases damage dealt by a party member or self by 10%.
    Duration: 30s"

So if the description only mention "party member", it automatically exclude you, or they would mention it.
    Don’t compare it ta another class a bard might even not have unlocked yet, that’s silly. Battle voice is consistent with say, Mage’s Ballad an’ Tactician, though. One says party members and only them, the other includes ya on there.

To be fair, it’s only a question once. When ya use it, ye figure it out. But it would be much more clear ta say ‘all other party members’ or ‘all party members aside from you’, etc. Transparency ain’t this game’s strong point.
    (6)

Player
    Character
    Raldo Volca
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 80
    Warden's Paean says "target party member or pet" but yet, you can target yourself.
    Troubadour says "Adds an additional effect to the song currently being sung." and affects the user, despite the fact that the fact that the song's +crit effect doesn't affect the user.

One could argue that these are perhaps bad examples, because I don't think these two effects originally didn't affect the caster, and were later changed without updating the text, but their tooltips still muddy the waters.

One one hand, I agree with KDSilver that the text does (generally) match the wording used everywhere else, but I'm still on board with the OP and would certainly prefer if they clarified some of the tooltips. I mainly came here to echo this:
    Quote Originally Posted by D_C View Post
    But it would be much more clear ta say ‘all other party members’ or ‘all party members aside from you’, etc. Transparency ain’t this game’s strong point.

Interestingly, the little-used skill cross-class caster skill Erase has this text.
    Removes a single damage over time effect from target party member other than self.
    (3)
    Last edited by Raldo; 10-04-2018 at 12:47 AM.

Player
    Character
    Shiru Elysia
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    Astrologian Lv 90
    Huh?
    That's not a comparison. That's an example to understand why it wasn't mentionned Battle Voice doesn't affect self, because texts/translation are homogenized.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Toki Tsuchimi
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 90
    Excognition's description states it doesn't effect you

Grants target party member other than self the effect of Excogitation, restoring HP when member's HP falls below 50% or upon effect duration expiration.
    (1)
    I like helping people with their Job ideas, it's fun to help them visuallize and create the job they'd like to play most. Plus I make my own too, I'll post them eventually.

Quote Originally Posted by AlaineIV View Post
    If you are not going to have Battle Voice affect Bards, I think the tool tip needs to be changed to say all party members excluding yourself. Right now it says all party members so that does include you as you are a party member.

Since your not having battle voice affect the player using it may I suggest changing the tool tip in the game to say that it doesn't affect the player using battle voice in some manner?
    Greetings!

Thanks for sharing your feedback on the Battle Voice tool tip. We understand how the description could be confusing, particularly for new players who are trying out bard for the first time.

We've passed this along to the dev. team, and there are plans to adjust this tool tip along with some others in a future patch.
    (2)
    Chenin "Luxpheras" Matthews - Community Team

Player
    Character
    Lynn Nuvestrahl
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    Machinist Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Luxpheras View Post
    Greetings!

Thanks for sharing your feedback on the Battle Voice tool tip. We understand how the description could be confusing, particularly for new players who are trying out bard for the first time.

We've passed this along to the dev. team, and there are plans to adjust this tool tip along with some others in a future patch.
    Don't mean to hijack the thread but really, this is rubbing salt in the wounds that have been bleeding for over 6 months. No MCH feedback has gone addressed and the class remains the least popular in the game. Meanwhile BRDs complain about a tooltip bug, and not even in the bug report section and get a personal response?

I don't wanna sound salty but holy crap I'm salty.
    (5)

Player
    Character
    Nemekh Kinryuu
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 90
    Echoing the surprise at the personal response. It's very FeelsBad when you look at the state of Machinist especially when compared against its fellow ranged job.

Meanwhile, there are also still bugs for jobs that have been reported for some time that have not been addressed even with the advent of a major patch. While this tooltip may be a simple amendment, I hope it is not being prioritised higher than things that have been confirmed and moved to the to be addressed section.
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Cassandra Solidor
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Dragoon Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Kitfox View Post
    Don't mean to hijack the thread but really, this is rubbing salt in the wounds that have been bleeding for over 6 months. No MCH feedback has gone addressed and the class remains the least popular in the game. Meanwhile BRDs complain about a tooltip bug, and not even in the bug report section and get a personal response?

I don't wanna sound salty but holy crap I'm salty.
    This likely got a response because it's a simple, easy to respond to question. What are they going to say about any job changes beyond, "We'll pass this along"? Not to mention, Lux even specifically mentions new players, i.e., his response is more to help new players.
    (3)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast