Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Player
    Character
    Lynne Asteria
    World
    Jenova
    Main Class
    Dragoon Lv 90
    Unfortunately it seems they are making one of the hardest items to obtain from 1.0 available in the next event. I do not have said item currently, and I am sad they have taken what was an achievement for beating the final boss of 1.0 on hard mode and adding it in as an event reward.
    (5)

Player
    Character
    Cain Alushaun
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 78
    Quote Originally Posted by Valkyrie_Lenneth View Post
    Unfortunately it seems they are making one of the hardest items to obtain from 1.0 available in the next event. I do not have said item currently, and I am sad they have taken what was an achievement for beating the final boss of 1.0 on hard mode and adding it in as an event reward.
    Agreed 100%
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Nicodemus Mercy
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    Sage Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Valkyrie_Lenneth View Post
    I'll never understand this line of thinking. I just don't get why some people feel that someone getting something easier (or at all in the case of removed content) than the guy before somehow devalues the first guy's accomplishment.

No matter how easy it gets for the guy after you, nothing will change what YOU did and how much effort and/or skill it took for YOU to do what YOU did.

Don't base your self worth by comparison to others, because what they do and however easy or difficult it was for them has nothing to do with you and what you accomplished.

What I have and what I had to do to get it has nothing to do with what other people have and what they had to do to get it.

My appreciation of things has nothing to do with exclusivity. SE has made many things easier to acquire or available after removal (holiday stuff for example) over the years and most of the time I already had it done when they did. If anything it makes me happy to see people excited that they can finally get something they felt was unattainable.

But, especially in this day and age, I feel like an outlier in that I take great pleasure from the pleasure of others. These days it feels like there's a great many people who can't be happy unless someone else is miserable.
    (5)

Player
    Character
    Emstidor Diabolos
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Monk Lv 71
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicodemus_Mercy View Post
    But, especially in this day and age, I feel like an outlier in that I take great pleasure from the pleasure of others. These days it feels like there's a great many people who can't be happy unless someone else is miserable.
    Hey while you're up on your high horse here, can I make an alt on Midgarsomr and have all your gil? I mean, I promise the stuff I buy with it will make me happy, and by your own words that should make you happy too, right?
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Tizzy Tormentor
    World
    Omega
    Main Class
    Machinist Lv 90
    I know the feel, I wanted to use a certain glam on my DoM's but alas, the felt kecks are locked to DoW.

Once again, the glamour system fails to make any meaningful sense, I get locking the item itself to DoW because it has no INT/MND but come on, why does that have to apply to glamouring the sodding thing? Its even more egregious then locking off palette swaps (I will never get over that I can't glamour a scouting piece on my MNK/SAM despite said piece literally being a palette swap of an existing striking piece)
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Aurelie Moonsong
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 90
    I suspect the blanket 'ban' on glamouring things you can't equip is because they don't want people glamouring unique job gear onto other jobs, but the system can only handle an "all or nothing" approach for glamour eligibility. I assume it works that they can either set it so (A) you can glamour anything, or (B) you can only glamour items for your current class, but there's no way they can make it "everything but a few specific items". Thus, to prevent job gear from being freely glamourable, everything else has to be locked down as well to prevent that.

That's my theory anyway.
    (2)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2