Page 1672 of 3410 FirstFirst ... 672 1172 1572 1622 1662 1670 1671 1672 1673 1674 1682 1722 1772 2172 2672 ... LastLast
Results 16,711 to 16,720 of 34096
    Player
    Character
    Berteaux Braumegain
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 90
    When 4.3 came out, I was in a Hells' Lid party that just depressed me. I was playing as Red Mage, as I usually do. The tank said he had a ton of experience, but he didn't maintain enmity at all and spent the whole time DPSing aside from pausing to use Tank LB once and then doing nothing the rest of the fight.

The SMN was even worse and must've been a new player or something because she didn't bring out a single egi. She spent the whole fight casting Physick on me, which I guess she figured was supposed to be helpful since I had aggro, but she seemed incapable of avoiding damage herself. I don't even know what our Healer was doing this whole time, because it certainly seemed like they weren't even there.

Fortunately, things worked out in the end and Soroban is back to normal now.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Gunnar Mel'nik
    World
    Diabolos
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Ilenya View Post
    I imagine some people forget that meteors too close to the boss do not protect you from the Meteor. If you can still melee the boss, you are going to die.
    Oh no, it wasn't that they were too close. They just straight up didn't get behind any and kept trying to fight adds and stuff. It was embarrassing.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Santi Williams
    World
    Lich
    Main Class
    Ninja Lv 80
    I thought I should share an event that happened to me a couple of weeks ago. During that time, our static was still missing 1 melee dps for a full group, so we had to rely on party finder, mostly. For 08S, trying to progress on godkefka's forsakens, we got a DRG from PF. And I must say... he really wanted to keep the meme alive, oh boy. We did not even reach godkefka, because, in 7 runs, he died 16 times. He failed the graven image's positioning and kept eating the Hyperdrive tankbuster. The tank barely moved during hyperdrive cast, so it wasn't a case of tank dacing with the boss. Needless to say he died and caused us wipes. When he got called out for all of those deaths, he did this (he is the zodiark guy, btw. All names except mine are censored for obvious reasons):

... how pathetic. It amazes me how some people can get so easily triggered when they get called out. If people act like this and have such terrible performance, stay away from group content.
    (9)
    Santi Williams, Memelander Ninja

Player
    Character
    Frizze Steeleblaze
    World
    Lamia
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 90
    So two short ones from this morning involving healers.

First up, qued expert(it said less then 5 mins and i wanted a level 70 dungeon - wait still ended up over 20 mins of course) - got Compass eventually. I forget the classes of the tank and healer, other DPS was another BLM. He had a few thousand less hp then me, so clearly i had him outgeared. No big deal, my rotation doesnt really change based on whos in the group with me afterall. Trash pulls are basically clean, no real trouble on the bosses. At the 2nd to last trash pack one of the mobs gets on the other BLM, and he asks(i would guess jokingly based on his gear level) if he needs to dial back damage. Tank doesnt respond until we're heading for the last pack, he just hadnt tagged that mob yet that got loose. No one died, no big deal. Final boss, fairly normal. Other BLM dies at about 5% - i didnt see to what(only death of anyones in the run). I finish it, we win. Tank leaves. Healer says the first thing of the run since "hello" and its "Maybe you should learn mechanics". He immediately hits the exit so no one can reply to him. Is he talking to the other DPS because of the death/damage question from before? Is he talking to me because i took a couple hits that were avoidable? Or maybe he didnt like my LB usage? The world will never know. But the drive-by insult is always a classy move.

Second up, i que Ridoranna. Theres one piece of gear from there i still want(its only dropped once in all the times ive gone, and my roll of 95 lost to another guys 99), plus i dont have all the songs or the mini yet. Wind up in alliance b - my favorite because its add phase is easiest during Math Blaster. First boss is going along normally. A couple of our melee DPS seem to be dying left and right, but the healers are getting them back up and the fight is going at a good speed. Im really only focusing on my rotation and my dodges. At about 5% i die. I havent really messed up any mechanics(and have only taken 2 avoidable hits the entire fight), but a back to back roomwide drops me - i was left with about 7k hp after the first attack and no heals went out while he cast the 2nd. Huh, thats weird. Oh well, no deathless run for me today. I dont say anything. Trash goes fine, 2nd boss isnt anything special. B kills its add fastest, and one of the DPS whos been dying alot brags on alliance chat. Whatever. Clean kill. Clean trash(tank burning the LB we had left over so i couldnt AoE them seemed pointless, but whatever). Que Math Blaster. Same couple DPS manage to die fairly early in the fight, but the healers have everyone up for math mode. Everyone in the group got 1 or 2 right(i think we all got 2 actually, but im not positive). Gang up in the center for heals while he charges incinerate. Healers only manage to heal themselves and the tank, all DPS die to the followup attack. Add phase, theyre still doing reses - sure enough we dont do enough damage. Group wipe. One of the guys from alliance a calls us out for it(possibly because our guy bragged that we got our add fastest last fight), one of the healers says that of course we failed because half the group was dead from math fail. Same DPS from before points out over alliance that he had 2 right and still died. I say in group chat "That wasnt math fail, we never got healed up afterwards." because i didnt want to blame the healers to the whole raid. Healer doesnt say anymore, we dont say anything else to antagonize him(group was quiet the rest of the run). Other alliances get us all back up. We're in time for math 2. Everyone in the group does well again(i think all 2 right again). Group up in the middle for heals. DPS somehow didnt get healed AGAIN, die to follow up. For a fight i only took 1 avoidable hit on(someone dropped an ignite on top of me), i managed 3 deaths due to healer neglect. Final boss, same story. Certain guys dying quickly and often. I took one more death to lack of healing(during the add phase when we were all together fighting the same guy) for good measure. Among my cleanest Yiazmat fights to date though - only took one avoidable hit the whole fight. And of course, my one gear piece didnt drop and i couldnt roll above a 60 on the music or mini. So of course i still gotta go back.

So an interesting morning and a set of healers that leave something to be desired.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Freja Reginleif
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    Ninja Lv 90
    I got booted from Bardam's mettle today for calling out the Samurai wearing full VIT accessories, effecively missing 400 in STR attributes. I didn't insult, just told the person that it's just not acceptable as that is just such a huge loss that you're setting the party back tremendously. The state of some of the FFXIV players boggles my mind to be honest. If you want to find out just how bottomless the pit of human stupidity is, just play this game and get yourself a leveling experience.
    (5)

Player
    Character
    Aosha Koz'ain
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 90
    2/3 Tanks I find nowadays seem to have no idea how Provoke actually works, apparently believing it's just a straight enmity gain.
    Most of them respond well to an explanation, but I do have to wonder why this happens. Should the tooltip be reworked? Would that "hall of the intermediate" thingy alleviate it? Who knows...
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Seefa Corgine
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 80
    Leveling red mage I got the vale in leveling roulette. I then proceeded to backflip into a pack of mobs on accident. Yup, I was embarrassed and apologized. Someone must have thought it was funny though because I got a player comm! Sulks away to training dummy to practice rotation in punishment.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Shadow Link'
    World
    Jenova
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Aosha View Post
    2/3 Tanks I find nowadays seem to have no idea how Provoke actually works, apparently believing it's just a straight enmity gain.
    Most of them respond well to an explanation, but I do have to wonder why this happens. Should the tooltip be reworked? Would that "hall of the intermediate" thingy alleviate it? Who knows...
    I have had this before. The last time was in Compass. When I told the tank how voke works, he quit the dungeon inmediatly without saying a word...

That and PLDs that would use Divine Veil as a personal CD. Oh, if only they knew...
    (2)
    Quote Originally Posted by Brannigan View Post
    Shirk is how you high five the other tank for the tag out. They raise their hand up with provoke and you tag it with shirk. Don't leave them hanging.

Player
    Character
    Tani Shirai
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Machinist Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Rogatum View Post
    That sucks, but overall you are better off without dealing with players like that. Hope your next run was smoother.
    Indeed. Next run was finished in only a few minutes more than getting past the first boss took with the previous group. Tank actually pulled and held, such that the healer could actually heal (and dps, too!).
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Nexcoyotl Ixtlilton
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 70

Cluch heals!

Vault run with PLD (me), AST, BLM, BLM and holy moley was it nuke em all by flare day. Mobs melted like butter in a skillet. AST tossed cards like a tarot reader and enjoyed having my HP hovering around 1500 to then swoop in and heal like some madman I actually quite enjoyed it since most of the healers I have played with tend to freak out when a mob puts a slight dent into my HP pool and overheal.

3 comms too!
    (3)

Page 1672 of 3410 FirstFirst ... 672 1172 1572 1622 1662 1670 1671 1672 1673 1674 1682 1722 1772 2172 2672 ... LastLast