Page 28 of 47 FirstFirst ... 18 26 27 28 29 30 38 ... LastLast
    Character
    Sophie Anime
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by NotOliverB View Post
    Ah, someone I know. This thread was about me so why shouldn't I check it during my free time? Someone who's in a similar situation as mine already went over the topic of how much time is actually needed to maintain a large amount of FCs. I suggest you go back and read. Dunno how being afk in a video game is a time commitment, but ok...

You're assuming I care about this game way too much, but honestly I don't. I'm so bored with XIV that I ended up with all these houses. Take them all away and I'll either move on to something else or do it all over again. I honestly don't care.
    Unfrotunately, it appears that the post showing how little effort goes into managing multiple FC's may have gotten taken down, why I am not sure, probably because they pointed out how blatantly wrong Sigma Astra's wannabe thesis was claiming that it took 18 hours a day to do so.
    (1)

Character
    Sophie Anime
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Hestzhyen View Post
    He doesn't need your help to defend himself, clearly.

What he's doing is exploiting a loop hole and being a troll on the forums when people call him out on it. Even if it's not technically breaking the rules it's definitely against the spirit of them, and he's basically waiving it in people's faces because it gets him a lot of angry replies. Are you really going to say he's innocent and doesn't deserve to be called the pathetic and selfish person he is? He's playing how he wants to at the detriment of other people and he's probably tickled pink that there are people like you who say it's not breaking a rule outright so people aren't allowed to be mad or upset. I don't know what it's like on Sargatanas but there is still a housing shortage on Gilgamesh. He's actually denying people the functionality and perks of owning a house just because he likes to play landlord.

Yes, the ideal solution would be for SE to provide everyone with a house. That would be great. But until that day comes it's not unreasonable to ask people to restrain themselves to one FC and one personal house.
    Yes that's exactly what I am saying. Nothing is getting exploited. He is 100% innocent. The angry replies are from people who probably play the game a fraction of the amount of time Oliver does, yet want all the same luxuries. Take it out on Square, not Oliver. This is a game, Oliver is playing it, just like you and I. Nothing more, nothing less. And yes he does need people to defend him because clearly this thread is the Cherynobl of ignorance. He's not " denying " anybody anything. Everyone else has the ability to do the same as he is, they just think by paying a subscription they should get a house. Obviously Square has set it up to be otherwise, so do what it takes to get 1, or 10, or 20, and then be happy. It's not hard. I know someone who has made over a billion gil in the last 11 months, and has 4 mansions, 7 mediums, and 1 small. All obtained through the rules, both parties were always happy. With any effort put into this game, one should be making 2-5 million a day. Combine that with checking auto demo timers on the hour every hour, you'll always find housing, no matter the server. It requires a little legwork, SE will never give you a free house just for being you. It's easy folks. Look into the mirror before ridiculing Oliver.
    (4)
    Last edited by QueenSophie; 07-13-2018 at 07:07 AM.

Player
    Character
    Nixx Delumi
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by QueenSophie View Post
    There isnt a housing shortage. Most servers have tons of plots available. Houses have been increased from a few hundred now to about 4500 currently. The housing problem has been over since 4.3, the problem is the playerbase now. Totaly agree with you about instanced housing along with community involvement, however.

Question though : how was your " fairly boughten house " " stolen from the game" the only way to lose your house from the game is by not entering it within 45 days, which i sclearly documented in the games documentation for owning houses etc. This isn't the games fault, but whoever owns the house. If you lose it via auto demo, obviosuly you didnt care about it in the first place.
    Balmung definitely still has a housing shortage. I'd expect many other large servers are the same way.

I'm not really sure why you think the fact that the auto-demolish is clearly documented matters. It seems you're being incredibly literal about "stolen," while I meant it more figuratively. The point being that you got to the house and bought it and the game shouldn't be overly hasty to take it back from you just because other people also want a house. Even the 45 day timer for auto-demolish is, quite frankly, a bit absurd. A two month lapse in a person's sub hardly suggests no intention of ever returning. While I understand why it exists, it absolutely should be looked at as an unfortunate bandaid fix that is to be eventually overcome by further improvements, not an intrinsically desirable or positive feature.
    (5)

Character
    Sophie Anime
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixxe View Post
    Balmung definitely still has a housing shortage. I'd expect many other large servers are the same way.

I'm not really sure why you think the fact that the auto-demolish is clearly documented matters. It seems you're being incredibly literal about "stolen," while I meant it more figuratively. The point being that you got to the house and bought it and the game shouldn't be overly hasty to take it back from you just because other people also want a house. Even the 45 day timer for auto-demolish is, quite frankly, a bit absurd. A two month lapse in a person's sub hardly suggests no intention of ever returning. While I understand why it exists, it absolutely should be looked at as an unfortunate bandaid fix that is to be eventually overcome by further improvements, not an intrinsically desirable or positive feature.
    There isn't a housing shortage, just lack of effort and intelligence.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Nixx Delumi
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 80
    There isn't a housing shortage, just lack of effort and intelligence.
    I'm not sure what you think a housing shortage is, but given that it's simply not possible for every person who can afford to buy a house and desires to own a house to simultaneously own a house, I'd say that qualifies under any reasonable definition.
    (9)

Player
    Character
    Soma Kagami
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 90
    Unfrotunately, it appears that the post showing how little effort goes into managing multiple FC's may have gotten taken down, why I am not sure, probably because they pointed out how blatantly wrong Sigma Astra's wannabe thesis was claiming that it took 18 hours a day to do so.
    The guy was unhinged and throwing insult after insult towards me, of course the mods are going to take it down since he couldn't carry on an adult conversation without being immature about it. The mods don't play around. Everyone here knows better than that.

Also, a thesis statement is not the same thing as an estimate and that's what I said it was. An estimate. It wasn't suppose to be accurate or 100% correct. It was a gross exaggeration.
    (1)
    Last edited by Sigma-Astra; 07-13-2018 at 08:48 AM.

Player
    Character
    Aya Hamada
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 74
    Quote Originally Posted by Cylla View Post
    It ok, let her keep digging her hole deeper. Even if SE doesn't do anything, at least the community is made clearly aware of who the toxic players are.
    Not even worth the headache of talking to a delusional person who believes they are within perfect rights to abuse a system that is already unbelievable unfair to the community as a whole.
    While all in agreement that 100% SE fault for not doing it right, it does NOT entitle people to use loopholes, exploits, or just be down right be *bags and own a whole or even half a ward. 1-2 houses, ok, but not half or a whole of a ward. And in most cases, these people who are doing it are selling these houses on reddit. They are merely taking away form the community without a care, for their own selfish greedy reasons, and for what? Gil that has not even a matter in this game at the moment anyway. Of course that is....

Unless your paying for your clears...

Hmmm, says a lot about some people... I won't point fingers.
    I Actually know someone that would been able to do this if they choose to do so, but I doubt I would be friends with them if they actually did.
    Quote Originally Posted by illgot View Post
    Remove the desire to own these FC houses, attacking the player on this forum only makes people look like jealous children.
    My point in pointing this out is that some people are not here because of "jealous", people are here because they dislike the negative impacts to others, as I shown earlier like how cat here had a negative impact to this poster:
    http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/t...=1#post4685317

Quote Originally Posted by Awha View Post
    LOL whatever happened to things like this being viewed as a cleaver use of game mechanics. Now it is exploit this exploit that. What the OP did was a smart work around to the limitations, they did something clearly SE did not expect and 100% should not be punished for it.
    You heard it here first, when SE tells you not to sell houses to players, especially when on a high mark up, it is "cleaver use of game mechanics" to sell the house by selling it by selling the FC
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Y'shtola Cat
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Dragoon Lv 90
    Someone did say that managing 20 something houses takes 18 hours and preferred to dodge the criticism on their ludicrous claim
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Soma Kagami
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by OliverB View Post
    Someone did say that managing 20 something houses takes 18 hours and preferred to dodge the criticism on their ludicrous claim
    I'll take the constructive criticism when it doesn't come with childish taunts, kthxbye Felicia. ;P

I probably did way, WAY over estimate the time, yes. My mistake, however, everyone could say that without trying to insult my intelligence, mind you. Maybe, it would take 18 hours, if you have over 50+. I still, however, don't agree with you owning like 22 properties, and that'll never change. Sorry, fam.
    (5)

Player
    Character
    Aya Hamada
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 74
    Quote Originally Posted by OliverB View Post
    that is your fault for taking it literally, you just want to strawman and red haring away from the fundamental issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Sigma-Astra View Post
    I'll take the constructive criticism when it doesn't come with childish taunts, kthxbye Felicia. ;P

I probably did way, WAY over estimate the time, yes. My mistake, however, everyone could say that without trying to insult my intelligence, mind you. Maybe, it would take 18 hours, if you have over 50+. I still, however, don't agree with you owning like 22 properties, but that'll never change. Sorry.
    Yeah you did, anyone with a brain could see it was not meant to be taken literally.
    (6)

Page 28 of 47 FirstFirst ... 18 26 27 28 29 30 38 ... LastLast