Player
    Character
    Leo Lupinos
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 90

[Request] New section: Game Suggestions

I would like to suggest to consider adding a new sub topic "Suggestion Box" for every relevant game feature and requests for the game.

I read the forum since a long time ago and the "General Discussion" section is becoming day by day a place where players see the opportunity to improve the game through suggestions and requests

But isn't the actual topics enough?
    I don't think so. While some topics get low post rate, and suggestions can be made without being lost, some more populated topics make many good suggestions get lost amidst so many random posts or feedback posts, and it would be a great choice to consider a proper place for the suggestions. A place where we feel that we are being heard by the Staff.

I would like to expand the way the forum organize the suggestions section, because organization is a very important thing for the devs to listen to the community.

I would like it to be similar to the Bugs reporting section, with the following sections as an example:

For every Topic
    • Suggestion Box: Single sub-section (not a sticky thread) for every topic (Job/HUD/Lore/etc) Where the suggestions and requests are posted and opened to more feedback from the community. A CM or proper staff will move the thread to one of the below sections accordingly if needed.

And a Official Section. It's needed, because I don't want to see the suggestion Box full of suggestions for years, it needs to be cleaned with Accepted, or not.

Game Suggestions:
    • Implemented: Suggestions that officialy made it and will be implemented in the future.
    • Insufficient Information: When there's not a complete suggestion.
    • Unable to Accept: Where a CM or proper staff value the suggestion as Impossible to implement under any cirscustance.
    • Already in-game: When someone suggest something already in the game.
    • Duplicate Suggestion: When someone already suggested it. The staff will answer it with a link to the duplicate suggestion before moving it to the section.
    • Not a Suggestion: Spam/dicusion/feedback/etc
    (3)
    Last edited by LeoLupinos; 07-13-2018 at 07:50 AM.

Player
    Character
    Khuja'to Binbotaj
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 90
    I'd like to take this further and also add an ingame survey at the end of a patch to gather feedback. That way they really can get the correct feedback rather than stabbing at random bits of community to get it.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Crystal Rainbow
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 80
    People don't know how to use a search funtion as is and we contently see 3+ topics on the same thing started within mins of each other. Look at the JP forums. They have many threads over 1000 long... we get spilt because Person X things there idea on the same thing is different enough it should get it's own thread.
    (0)

Character
    Ceciliantas Drayce
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by CrystalRainbow View Post
    People don't know how to use a search funtion as is and we contently see 3+ topics on the same thing started within mins of each other. Look at the JP forums. They have many threads over 1000 long... we get spilt because Person X things there idea on the same thing is different enough it should get it's own thread.
    Ahh Balmung, always full of Rainbows and sunshine....

Anyway, yes a Game Suggestions section would be nice.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Pastahnak Popotonak
    World
    Famfrit
    Main Class
    Fisher Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiaque View Post
    Ahh Balmung, always full of Rainbows and sunshine....

Anyway, yes a Game Suggestions section would be nice.
    Wats there server have to do with it? They're right, the devs look at long threads with lots of likes over multiple of the same.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Y'kayah Tia
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Ninja Lv 50
    There's already lots of sections where suggestions can go, depending on what the suggestion is. UI suggestions go in the User Interface forum. (In fact, they comprise the vast majority of what's in that section.) Suggestions on housing go in the Housing forum. Suggestions and feedback about class balance go in the relevant role's forum. And so on. While there may be a few topics that don't really fit in any of the specific sections, so tend to end up in "General Discussion", it would be more useful to suggest sections for them rather than suggest everything get dumped into a single uncategorized "suggestions" section.

And suggestions cannot be split up by the community team like bug reports can. They involve discussion, feedback, clarifications, and alternatives. Many suggestion threads (including the vast majority of the ones that stir up significant interest) end up with several related suggestions or variations on the original suggestion all being discussed, so there's no one thing a CM could categorize it by. And they're all potentials. Many suggestions aren't addressed at the time, but SE may go back and implement them years later, or may implement another variation that addresses the same issues. Then it's often just different enough that you can't clearly say even whether a given suggestion has been implemented or not, when something kind of similar that addresses some of the same issues, but perhaps not all, has been implemented.
    (1)
    Last edited by Niwashi; 07-13-2018 at 01:46 AM.

Character
    Ceciliantas Drayce
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Pastahnak View Post
    Wats there server have to do with it? They're right, the devs look at long threads with lots of likes over multiple of the same.
    Oh if only you knew.....

Anyway I would welcome Game suggestions section. Something the Community moderators can go thru and report back to their higher ups on anything that stands out. That way they dont have to go thru a hundred different sections, would decrease their workload I think.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Ayer Austen
    World
    Zalera
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Lambdafish View Post
    I'd like to take this further and also add an ingame survey at the end of a patch to gather feedback. That way they really can get the correct feedback rather than stabbing at random bits of community to get it.
    This would be amazing. I'd fully support
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Cyrillo Rongway
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 90
    Every topic is either a suggestion or a question. We don’t need a suggestion subforum. As it is now, topics go in the subforum that matches the subject matter. If you have a UI suggestion, post in the UI forum. Suggestions for your healer job? Healer forum. Adding another forum for suggestions would just end up unnecessarily splitting topics between their subject matter forum and the suggestion forum.
    (1)
    Error 3102 Club, Order of the 52nd Hour

Player
    Character
    Gunnar Mel'nik
    World
    Diabolos
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Pastahnak View Post
    Wats there server have to do with it?
    What til you hear what they say about Cactuar. Yikes.

Anyway, a subforum for suggestions would be nice, but I suspect they wouldn't go for the suggestions that are planned to be implemented section, because then all people would do is complain about why it's not in the game yet. Generally it's better to keep things a secret until it's certain, so people don't throw a fit.
    (0)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast