isnt it messed up that goblet is a housing area and not a tiny goblin
    Character
    Dusk Himmel
    World
    Ravana
    Main Class
    Gunbreaker Lv 90
    Afro option is at Gold saucer and then you can change it in game

But not in main character creator stops people making a complete new character without having to unlock hair styles

There is plenty of diversity in skin color just not in hair style
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Lynne Asteria
    World
    Jenova
    Main Class
    Dragoon Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Nandina View Post
    Exactly. That’s what a lot of my friends want. Just throw in something with every patch instead of a million straight hair options.
    Pretty sure Highlanders have those things (hairstyles). Again, racial features are racial features. You are trying to cross racial features into races that dont have those features.
    (23)

Player
    Character
    Soma Kagami
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 90
    Some of you all really struggle to follow along. No wonder many can’t grasp moving out of red circles and to not spam Blizzard. I could’ve swore I said Hyur in the OP, and that’s what most have been discussing. Do try to keep up.
    It doesn't matter if you said Hyur, Miqo'te, Roe, or Lala...there are NO race problems in XIV. It's a race problem because you, personally, turned it into a race problem. This is not the Sims.
    (42)

Player

Oh... This thread finally happened. Was wondering when it was going to come up.
    (13)

Player

Ack, my post got cut off. While I somewhat understand what the OP is attempting to say, there isn't really a racial problem in this game... Not in the sense of underrepresentation of real life equivalents of ethnicities. Certain hairstyles just may not exist in ff14. At the end of the day, this is still a Japanese mmo, so it's really a moot point.
    (7)

Player
    Character
    Seigyoku Cypher
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 66
    Hyurs are not Humans.

Hydaelyn is not Earth.

This is not the real life, it is in fact just Final Fantasy.

Otherwise, every individual who wants their character to look exactly like them has a valid argument for character creation options to match them simply because they want it. Can’t make everyone happy all of the time, which means sometimes you find yourself in the unhappy group.
    (24)
    Last edited by Seig345; 07-12-2018 at 03:26 PM.

Player
    Character
    Nandina Rose
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Sigma-Astra View Post
    It doesn't matter if you said Hyur, Miqo'te, Roe, or Lala...there are NO race problems in XIV. It's a race problem because you, personally, turned it into a race problem. This is not the Sims.
    But it does matter, lmao. If I mentioned a Hyur, why would people be bringing up every other race, but? That showcases an inability to stay on topic. If my gripe was with the others, I would have mentioned the others. This doesn't have to be the Sims. Division, Guild Wars, Dragon Age, Mass Effect, Elder Scrolls, etc all have sense enough to be inclusive as they are aware of their audience. I'm not gonna sit here and say they're the best at it, but the effort was made. Clearly the FFXIV community is not fond of inclusivity as evinced by the responses. So because you and a few others are fine with the way things are, and are represented, it's f--k everyone else; despite the fact they pay the exact same sub as you do. I already knew from the get-go there was going to be pushed back, because (1) I'm criticizing SE, and (2) people generally fail to see things from a perspective outside their own. There was even one guy who stupidly and wrongfully suggested that I want Europeans to look black, yet there are people on this thread suggesting that the black and brown gamers who pay the exact same sub, should be acquiescent and accept walking around as white-washed Hyurs that don't look like them. Maybe they don't like the other races aesthetically. While some people grasp the point I'm making, many can't grasp that double standard which is clearly indicative of an intellectual deficit. You literally lose nothing. If anything you gain as well. Hell, for all I know maybe there are people here who want to utilize those same types of customizations even if it doesn't reflect them IRL. A lot of black and brown gamers don't even speak up because of backlash like this, but I don't mind being the martyr, cause everybody can catch this virtual hands, lmao. Let's go.

Quote Originally Posted by Seig345 View Post
    Hyurs are not Humans.

Hydaelyn is not Earth.

This is not the real life, it is in fact just Final Fantasy.

Otherwise, every individual who wants their character to look exactly like them has a valid argument for character creation options to match them simply because they want it. Can’t make everyone happy all of the time, which means sometimes you find yoursef in the unhappy group.
    But the community is able to make other complaints, which SE looks into and even adjusts in many instances, but when it comes to this particular one, suddenly it's invalid. Gotcha. No one is saying the character has to look exactly like them.
    (3)
    Last edited by Nandina; 07-12-2018 at 11:17 AM.

Player
    Character
    Nandina Rose
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by KaivaC View Post
    Ack, my post got cut off. While I somewhat understand what the OP is attempting to say, there isn't really a racial problem in this game... Not in the sense of underrepresentation of real life equivalents of ethnicities. Certain hairstyles just may not exist in ff14. At the end of the day, this is still a Japanese mmo, so it's really a moot point.
    It's not moot. SE shouldn't market it outside of Japan, and want subscribers outside of Japan if they aren't willing to represent their subscriber base. FFXIV should just be a strictly Japanese MMO.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Soma Kagami
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 90
    But it does matter, lmao. If I mentioned a Hyur, why would people be bringing up every other race, but? That showcases an inability to stay on topic. If my gripe was with the others, I would have mentioned the others. This doesn't have to be the Sims. Division, Guild Wars, Dragon Age, Mass Effect, Elder Scrolls, etc all have sense enough to be inclusive as they are aware of their audience. I'm not gonna sit here and say they're the best at it, but the effort was made. Clearly the FFXIV community is not fond of inclusivity as evinced by the responses. So because you and a few others are fine with the way things are, and are represented
    How is a dark-skinned, white haired catgirl represented irl? You let me know. Also, you are blatantly assuming that I'm even white behind this screen. Real nice. That doesn't help your argument as much as you think it does honestly. You don't know me, you are blatantly assuming that I'm white simply because I'm calling you out on your ridiculous crusade. I never specified my skin tone and it's none yo business to know either.

yet there are people on this thread suggesting that the black and brown gamers who pay the exact same sub, should be acquiescent and accept walking around as white-washed Hyurs that don't look like them. Maybe they don't like the other races aesthetically. While some people grasp the point I'm making, many can't grasp that double standard which is clearly indicative of an intellectual deficit. You literally lose nothing. If anything you gain as well. Hell, for all I know maybe there are people here who want to utilize those same types of customizations even if it doesn't reflect them IRL. A lot of black and brown gamers don't even speak up because of backlash like this, but I don't mind being the martyr, cause everybody can catch this virtual hands, lmao. Let's go.
    That is some leap of logic you've got there. Let me tell ya.
    (33)
    Last edited by Sigma-Astra; 07-12-2018 at 12:17 PM.

Player
    Character
    Fia Mortivault
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Samurai Lv 90
    Some of you all really struggle to follow along. No wonder many can’t grasp moving out of red circles and to not spam Blizzard. I could’ve swore I said Hyur in the OP, and that’s what most have been discussing. Do try to keep up.
    Well aren't you rude. I was just poking in jest, but ya really gotta insinuate we're stupid and you're not.

Most people are on board with wanting more natural and wavy hair. That would be really nice. Almost all of my characters are black and I would kill for some curls to go with them. But, you made it into some sort of weird pseudo-race war thing. That's where you've lost people, including myself.

Don't get pissy when a single fictional race in a fictional world doesn't conform to real life. You can make beautiful dark skinned people from almost all the races in this game. Different faces have different structures, just like there is one Miqo'te face that has full lips that is very nice. If you wanna cry about diversity, try not being a pasty white moon cat and play in character creation a little longer.

Edit :

Something I whipped up in character creation in about 5 minutes to prove a point. She's very nice and I actually might use this face set up for a future character.

(51)
    Last edited by Tsumdere; 07-12-2018 at 11:23 AM.

Page 5 of 61 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 55 ... LastLast