Player
    Character
    Heloise Wonderweiss
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 70

Fanfest Ticket Names

Hello, first of all I'd like to start off by saying sorry if this is in the wrong place. I just got off the phone with square enix support regarding the names that were placed on three of the fanfest tickets that I recently purchased and was directed here at the end of the call. I have talked to both showclix and square enix support twice today and that has lead me to here. My issue is that as I was buying the tickets I was asked for the full names of the people I was buying them for. This being an online game I don't always know people's full names so for one of the tickets I put a nickname for one of my friends, the real life first name of the second, and for the third I put my own name a second time as a placeholder. I spoke with showclix first and they said that they were unable to change the name on the tickets, then upon contacting square enix the first time I was sent back to showclix for answers as they did not know what to do on the situation. Upon returning to showclix for the second time they said once again that they could not change the names and that because it was square enix's event they would be the ones that would have to give the yes or no and sent me back for answers. This was now up to my most recent call where once I gave this information to the person who helped me on the phone he suggested that I make a forum post here as well as post my ticket number which is 8601457 and attempt to get help here. I mostly want to know the answer to these three things. Firstly is it at all possible to change the names on the other three tickets to those of my friends? I have their full names now and I can provide any information you might need regarding the purchase of the tickets as they are all under my name. Second if the names can not be changed will it be alright if I pick up all 4 of the tickets at the event and pass out the badges to my 3 friends even though two of the tickets do not have my name on them but as said before the order is under my name. And lastly I would like to know if it would be possible to change all four of the tickets to have my name on them instead in order to make the second question more plausible. The person I spoke with on the phone said that as of right now the two under my name would be fine as long as I am there but the two that are not are the biggest issue. Any help would be appreciated thanks!
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Fox Briarthorn
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Culinarian Lv 90
    o_o Square support requested you seek help via the public forum in regards to an issue only they can answer/fix? Can't they just forward your information to the department handling this so they can get back to you in a timely manner?
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Hestzhyen Voer
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Dustytome View Post
    o_o Square support requested you seek help via the public forum in regards to an issue only they can answer/fix? Can't they just forward your information to the department handling this so they can get back to you in a timely manner?
    I think SE Support tell people to go to the forums for non-technical issues as a run-around. When they can't or won't help but they don't want to keep being harassed, they tell players to post on the forums and the poor individuals will be stuck posting thinking it will do something. Yet outside of the canned technical assistance responses I have not seen a rep actually be helpful here for any kind of issue.

To OP, I'm sorry but I don't think SE will help you at this point. It sounds like you were tossed back and forth like a hot potato between SE and Showclix and that sucks. If it's any comfort people have said that the names on the tickets weren't checked at past FanFests, which is why scalping for this event is a lucrative enterprise. I'd bring any proof of purchase with you when you go though, just in case there are questions.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Azurelos Firios
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Samurai Lv 70
    for the most part you should be fine they usually only ID the person who's picking up the tickets, as long as you pick up all of them you should be fine.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Fox Briarthorn
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Culinarian Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Azurelos View Post
    for the most part you should be fine they usually only ID the person who's picking up the tickets, as long as you pick up all of them you should be fine.
    Unless they change it with everyone calling for blood right now. Given that this may cost hundreds of dollars more in travel/lodging expenses for multiple people, this is something that absolutely needs to be verified. I agree with their decision to do the name freeze, but that needed to be done at purchase and stated up front before the sale even began with "You will need the real name for each ticket holder that matches a valid ID at time of purchase, names cannot be changed at a later date. Ticket holder information that does not match a valid ID will be denied entry to the event." At this point it's really too late to circumvent the scalpers without taking out anyone that didn't have real names ready but was making a sincere purchase so they might as well just do the usual and let people pick up badges as long as the purchaser's information matches up. Hopefully they tighten up on that in the future. For now we sit and wait to see how they handle it this time.

I do hope you get an official response TalentedTrack.
    (2)
    Last edited by Dustytome; 07-12-2018 at 01:56 PM.

Player
    Character
    Cyrillo Rongway
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 90
    At FFLV 2016, they mostly didn’t care about the names on the ticket order as long as the person picking up the loot bags and passes had a name on one of the tickets. Any one of the names on the order, along with the order QR code, was enough to pick up all four bags.

They also unlocked the name fields for a period of a week or two once we got closer to the event, shortly after they announced the check-in procedure that detailed the above to give people a chance to sort out the names on the orders. It would be reasonable to hold them to this standard this time around, so until they announce otherwise, don’t sweat it too much.
    (0)
    Error 3102 Club, Order of the 52nd Hour

Player
    Character
    Burn Cykle
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 70
    LOL! You guys are so gullible! This reeks of "scalper stuck with tickets he wanted to re-sell and is hoping to find a way around it".
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Kyett Corbeau
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Remyogic View Post
    LOL! You guys are so gullible! This reeks of "scalper stuck with tickets he wanted to re-sell and is hoping to find a way around it".
    A scalper does not care if their victim can actually use the ticket when they get to the event.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Winters Brimstone
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Astrologian Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Kietsu View Post
    A scalper does not care if their victim can actually use the ticket when they get to the event.
    A scalper with a paranoid buyer that knows what's going on might?
    (1)

Character
    Shinigami Zetta
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Dragoon Lv 90
    Bad Idea to post info unless they request it. They are pretty strict on the requirements and should have read the rules a head of time. Good luck it's going to hell.
    (0)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast