Player
    Character
    Burn Cykle
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Maeka View Post
    The current system highly favors the sellers.
    The OP proposes a change that would highly favor the buyers.

Couldn't there be some sort of middle-ground, maybe? Maybe a flag the seller could set to allow partial stack purchase?

That way, if I am a seller and I am selling bulk, I could list, say, 2 stacks of 99 Iron Ore for 50/each and then list 1 stack of 99 Iron Ore with the Partial Flag set for 80 each.

You, as the buyer could buy the 50/each, but would have to buy the whole stack. OR, you can buy as much as you want, but pay 80 each. You'd have a choice.
    This already exists in a form. I have NEVER seen an item for sale on the MB that was ALL large stacks, typically you see large stacks at lower individual pricing and smaller stacks at higher individual pricing for every item. You would be hard-pressed to find any item that is all large stacks.

What OP is REALLY wanting is the ability to get the discounted bulk pricing for their "i only want 1 or 2 " purchase. Which is a terrible idea. OP assuming large stacks don't sell is just ignorant, sellers don't put up large stacks because they are lazy, they put up large stacks because they sell.

The reality is, gatherers (typically the people selling stackable mats) don't cater to the people who just want to craft 1 of something for a quest or for log completion, that is a waste of our time. We cater to the "career crafters", who typically want as much of X as they can get at a reasonable price.
    (12)

Player
    Character
    Noyoyo Noyo
    World
    Typhon
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Blanchimont View Post
    -More often than not, you only have 3 or 4 sellers for an item and they list them in stupid quantities of like 12, 67, and 99. You can't just buy 1 or 3 or however many you need. You have to buy those extra if you use the market and that's what makes it suck-.
    Or, you know, just sell away those extras that you don't need. You could even make some tiny profit by selling it at higher price but at lower quantity, to buyers that share your sentiment.
    Alternatively just gather the things yourself.
    (5)
    Last edited by mosaicex; 06-09-2018 at 02:14 AM.

Player
    Character
    Akira Yukino
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 86
    I don't often buy from the MB, but I do occasionally sell, and there's been plenty of times when I know an item will sell faster and higher if I sell in small stack sizes. Unfortunately, actually trying to take advantage of that eats marketboard slots alive.

What about this?

Allow players to put a stack up and specify not just the price, but the required quantity per purchase.

That way, if I had, say 30 of an item that I wanted to sell (like tiger skins), then I could put them up for some price with each purchase being 3 skins per sale (to match the recipe for tiger leather in this example). It's the same basic effect as if I had listed 3 skins at that price 10 times, but it takes up only 1 marketboard slot on my retainer, and it also only gets listed once on the market board search (also helping with the 100 listing limit). People who want to undersell in bulk can still require the whole stack to be purchased.

I'd be more than happy to deal in small quantities, but often times I just don't have the market board slots available to do so without a solution like above or in the OP.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Scarlett Dzian
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 76
    Quote Originally Posted by Maeka View Post
    .Couldn't there be some sort of middle-ground, maybe? Maybe a flag the seller could set to allow partial stack purchase?

That way, if I am a seller and I am selling bulk, I could list, say, 2 stacks of 99 Iron Ore for 50/each and then list 1 stack of 99 Iron Ore with the Partial Flag set for 80 each.
    This is what they did in 1.2. It worked really well. Sellers could still sell in batches. Like 100 shards a pop. Or they could list 50 tuna miquabobs and let players but as many as they wanted. Or set a bulk price for all 50.

I really do wish 14 had this. Would probably make me spend more money on the markets. Instead of oh I need 4 ingots. Not buying 99. I'll just go gather em myself.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Xixi Eclipse
    World
    Ravana
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 90
    Do you guys wanting to split stacks wander into your local supermarkets, rip open that 24 pack of toilet rolls, then present just one to the cashier?

because that's precisely what you're expecting to be able to do here.

There's few items in this game you cannot source yourself for free. It's up to you to decide the cost vs opportunity of the specific items.
    (5)

Player
    Character
    Scarlett Dzian
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 76
    Quote Originally Posted by XiXiQ View Post
    Do you guys wanting to split stacks wander into your local supermarkets, rip open that 24 pack of toilet rolls, then present just one to the cashier?

because that's precisely what you're expecting to be able to do here.
    No I don't.
    But then I don't go into a supermarket see a crate load of oranges on display and buy the whole lot. I do grab just the 5 or 6 I need from the crate and take them to the cashier.

So I'm not exactly sure what your point is?
    Or are you telling me you'd buy the entire crate?

Or another example if the in-store butcher has a massive joint of ham.. I won't buy It all. I'll just ask him to cut as many slices as i need.

Both of these in the exact same supermarket as your toilet roll example. If both work there then why not on the market boards?

Having bulk things listed at cheaper prices is fine but that's no reason not to give people the option to allow things they sell to be breakable stacks.

1.23 had a great system that was flexible.

I could for example list a stack of 99 ingots at a unit price of 4k each. In a breakable stack where players can buy exactly the amount they need. 1 3 7 15 or any number they like.

And at the same time I could also list a stack of 99 of the same ingots at a heavily
    Discounted unit price of 2k each but make the stack unbreakable so you'll only be able to buy the full stack you wont be able to just buy what you need.
    (6)
    Last edited by Dzian; 07-04-2018 at 09:13 PM.

Player

Quote Originally Posted by Dzian View Post
    I could for example list a stack of 99 ingots at a unit price of 4k each. In a breakable stack where players can buy exactly the amount they need. 1 3 7 15 or any number they like.
    And at the same time I could also list a stack of 99 of the same ingots at a heavily
    Discounted unit price of 2k each but make the stack unbreakable so you'll only be able to buy the full stack you wont be able to just buy what you need.
    This is the best way in my opinion and i saw it in some other mmorpgs.
    That im seeing here is a lot of greed. Stacks of 99 are good for people who want to craft a lot, but no for someone who needs just one craft.
    Its like if you go to the supermarket and you need oranges. They have 999 and you have to buy them all or no buy. Its ridiculous you cant buy when there are tons of the item you need.

Well if you have buyers, then good for you. Im no lazy about gathering/crafting so you wont get a penny from me if you put such ridiculous quantities.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    King Canadane
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Redname View Post
    Its like if you go to the supermarket and you need oranges. They have 999 and you have to buy them all or no buy. Its ridiculous you cant buy when there are tons of the item you need.
    Then go to wal-mart and not costco.
    Or whatever equivalents you may have where you're from. You don't buy bulk foods when you can't support bulk foods.
    (0)

http://king.canadane.com

Player
    Character
    Scarlett Dzian
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 76
    Quote Originally Posted by Canadane View Post
    Then go to wal-mart and not costco.
    Or whatever equivalents you may have where you're from. You don't buy bulk foods when you can't support bulk foods.
    So if the market board is costco, then where is Wal-Mart?

There is no other system in place to purchase most stuff in the game? This is why a lot of people end up gathering there own materials.

Which is actually bad for the economy because
    A: less gil circulates when p,Ayers don't buy things
    B: saturated supply of materials with heavily reduced demand.. equals significantly reduced value.
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Zyneste Azurox
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 80
    If a seller is selling 99 at 2k gil each, that's the price. If you want it and its worth it, buy the stack and resell it in small stacks (you know the size that you wanted, so that other can buy it from you at a slightly inflated price.) If its not worth doing or if you can't afford it, gather the item yourself. The market board is a convenience, not a right.
    (0)

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast