Player
    Character
    Rigel Oforion
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 70

Idea: Extending House Feature

The current small house is quite small, I would like a feature to extend the house by adding a room in the basement.

This is how it could work:
    Once a player owns a small house, they could go to one of the housing NPCs in the residential area who will have the option: "Request house extension." This will cost a small fee of around 1m - which is reasonable. After paying the fee, the house will be under construction for a few days. At the end of this time period, a new room will be added to the house's basement.
    (4)
    Last edited by Angelic_Magic; 06-30-2018 at 10:11 AM.

Player
    Character
    Pastahnak Popotonak
    World
    Famfrit
    Main Class
    Fisher Lv 80
    Why not just make it instant? Seems weird to make people wait especially when a housing permit is instant
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Rigel Oforion
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 70
    I thought it would be more realistic to have a construction time, but yes, building a house is instant so adding a room could be instant too.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Song Sparrow
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Goldsmith Lv 90
    This would really help even out demand for plots, but this type of system is definitely most needed for apartments to make them more appealing.
    (3)

cerise leclaire
    (bad omnicrafter & terrible astrologian)

Player
    Character
    Edax Royeaux
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Samurai Lv 90
    FC small houses already get a free extra room and door. Would be great if private houses could do the same.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Mica Zerrshia
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 90
    Extending the dimensions and sizes of houses, including adding towers and various features were part of the many things Yoshida told us would be included in housing prior to ARR that never came to fruition and was one of the many many things never spoke of again. Look up the pre-ARR live letter transcripts, there are a bunch of things they told us about for housing and other things that were never spoken of again.

If they would have actually given us what they promised prior to relaunch, housing would be amazing.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Rigel Oforion
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 70
    We already have housing glamours, so maybe the system could read the extension of a house in the same way, so it could be shown outside as well. Inside it is always instanced so I think it could be possible.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Jojoya Joya
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Angelic_Magic View Post
    We already have housing glamours, so maybe the system could read the extension of a house in the same way, so it could be shown outside as well. Inside it is always instanced so I think it could be possible.
    You couldn't show an extension outside of the house because it would end up outside of the plots boundaries, either overlapping the common area or another player's house depending on the plot location.

If the extension would be added to the basement as you suggest, it wouldn't be visible from outside of the house regardless since it would be underground.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Edax Royeaux
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Samurai Lv 90
    Some of the cottages like the Shirogane Castle clearly have a 2nd floor, even if the inside does not. I see no reason why small plots cannot be upgraded to be taller, inside and outside.
    Okay sure, this might result in everyone's view getting constricted, but in super-populated servers like the one I'm in, all the plots are already taken. In the real world, we'd start building upwards like it's New York. And some functional upper floor balconies would be great at still providing a view. It would be even better if we can rent out a floor to other players for a weekly/monthly income.

(2)
    Last edited by Edax; 07-03-2018 at 03:46 PM.

Player
    Character
    Rigel Oforion
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Jojoya View Post
    You couldn't show an extension outside of the house because it would end up outside of the plots boundaries, either overlapping the common area or another player's house depending on the plot location.

If the extension would be added to the basement as you suggest, it wouldn't be visible from outside of the house regardless since it would be underground.
    Not necessarily, it depends on where the extension is. Micah mentioned towers, for example. It could also be an extra small room on first floor (taking garden space) or a room in an additional second floor. This sounds quite ambitious but it could work from outside as housing glamour or something. But yes, I was talking about a room in the basement because it doesn't have to show on the outside to be realistic. At this point, I'm really running out of space in my house so any additional space will do, no matter where it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Edax View Post
    Some of the cottages like the Shirogane Castle clearly have a 2nd floor, even if the inside does not. I see no reason why small plots cannot be upgraded to be taller, inside and outside.
    Okay sure, this might result if everyone's view getting constricted, but in super-populated servers like the one I'm in, all the plots are already taken. In the real world, we'd start building upwards like it's New York. And some functional upper floor balconies would be great at still providing a view. It would be even better if we can rent out a floor to other players for a weekly/monthly income.
    It would have been so cool if we could upgrade our houses like this! :O
    (0)
    Last edited by Angelic_Magic; 07-02-2018 at 07:21 PM.