Player
    Character
    Yvallis Aethern
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 80

Housing relocation is crap!

I am on Kugane and checking open plots on shirogane for a friend. I immediately call him, we go and staying 4 hours alone looking at a board... hoping for hidden timer to end. Then after 4 hours of standing there..... a guy comes up and relocates after buying as he said a crappy plot in goblet... Very nice square... very nice. So fair.
    (0)
    Last edited by Animang1; 06-30-2018 at 06:11 AM.

Player
    Character
    Alinhbo Rhiki
    World
    Adamantoise
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 90
    Your friend had the opportunity to do the same. It is posted all over the best way to get a house in preferred wards after the demolition changes is to buy any small house you can then relocate to a more a desirable lot when one opens up.
    (17)

Character
    Abel Fei
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 70
    Everyone knows the best way to get around this is just to buy any house, probably the cheapest you can find open with a timer that will alow you to buy, then find the one you want after via relocation. it's cheap, easy to do, and avoids this problem. The person you are complaining about actually did it the smart way, the way you should do it.
    (5)

Player
    Character
    Yvallis Aethern
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 80
    Guys i didnt ask your advice what she can do... She knows and i also told her to do that... She says she wont support it cause its stupid and wrong. For what reason is this system build like this... This is unfair. The new guy who9 wants a house must have first his chance to get one and then the ones who relocate. This system is wrong and they dont respect the players.
    (0)

Character
    Beckard Arseneau
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 90
    You're right that the limited housing system in FFXIV is inherently bad, but at this point we're stuck with it. Relocation is by far the best solution they've come up to improve this shitty situation. It's not perfect (nothing short of providing infinite housing for everyone will be) but it's far better than what we used to have. With the current system, everyone on all but the most populous worlds can at least get a house, and if they are looking for a particular plot then they have a better opportunity to upgrade to it, without preventing someone who has no house from being able to buy one.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Jojoya Joya
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Animang1 View Post
    Guys i didnt ask your advice what she can do... She knows and i also told her to do that... She says she wont support it cause its stupid and wrong. For what reason is this system build like this... This is unfair. The new guy who9 wants a house must have first his chance to get one and then the ones who relocate. This system is wrong and they dont respect the players.
    It is fair. It works the same way for every player. No one is treated differently. It's the very definition of fair.

The "new guy" who wanted a house had his chance by buying any house. You know, just like real life. Most people can't afford their dream home when they first start out so they buy what they can get and the equity they build (plus increases in income) allow them to get their dream home later.

Keep in mind that a lot of players settled for owning any house while waiting for their dream plot to open up. They've been waiting a lot longer for it than your friend. Why should your friend have first chance when she hasn't been waiting as long as they have?

She could have bought any house at any time just so she could have a house then relocate when something became available. She's choosing not to do it.

Her loss and she will continue to lose out.

The only objection I have to relocation is that it keeps the resellers in business but SE will probably never manage to get rid of that problem unless they moved to a completely instanced housing system.
    (16)

Player
    Character
    Pastahnak Popotonak
    World
    Famfrit
    Main Class
    Fisher Lv 80
    Sure ur friend can just ignore a plot in the goblet, they can also enjoy not getting a house. Not sure why u made this post when u already knew what u had to do in order to get a desired plot.
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Yvallis Aethern
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 80
    Cause we didn't know! We jsut learned after he screwed us. And no matter what you say guys this system is not fair. The hidden timer should work equally for all players new and relocated ones. The system you suggest is pay double the money by buying 2 plots instead of 1 so you can get a house on shirogane. That's not logic. Hidden timer is ok just on equal terms. Or people will screw you like they did yesterday
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Sothis Caoimhe
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Reaper Lv 90
    It is fair. You yelling that it isn't doesn't suddenly make it so.

I understand it's aggravating and not perfect, but here's a question: did you ever try to get housing prior to relocation being an option? Because that was an unfair mess. The way it is now, even if people nab a lot from under you, their previous lot opens up. Everyone has the exact same opportunities. If your friend knows how relocation works, and is knowing and willingly lessening her chances to get a house, that's on no one but your friend.
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Frizze Steeleblaze
    World
    Lamia
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 90
    So what im hearing is that youre on a server that has open plots and your friend isnt willing to "settle" for one that isnt in her favorite location. The fact that she has a chance at all is more then some people on high-population servers have had in years.

And the relocation system is fine. It isnt what i would call good, but it is certainly fair. The rules are readily available, and are applied the same to all players.
    (8)

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast