Player
    Character
    Aurelie Moonsong
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by BlakeWolfe View Post
    Garland database's use of Face 2 for Estinien is due to the the place holder face he had prior to 3.3's unmasking of him. His new model no longer uses face 2.
    No, that’s the correct one. The placeholder face is #1, has a different hairstyle and doesn’t have the ‘eyeshadow’ facepaint.
    (1)
    Last edited by Iscah; 06-19-2018 at 12:31 PM.

Player
    Character
    Blake Wolfe
    World
    Diabolos
    Main Class
    Dragoon Lv 71
    -after following garland database's list and and recreating it and comparing with the the 3.3 scene of Estinien waking up- Hm, guess I just don't run into that many elezen players using those particular options they used for Estinien.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Aurelie Moonsong
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 90
    I think the NPCs tend to use some settings that players don't normally think of using - quite a few have the different eyeshadow effects, some have different lip colours. Perhaps because they're trying to make their many characters look different whereas most players are trying to make their one character look good.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    X'wyhn Lehn
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 80
    I do agree that they could well be using a placeholder settings for Elezenos. They could update it in coming patches, or when revealing who is hiding beneath the Ala Mhigan Resistance turban.

As for the identity of the Elezen host, well... Let us assume the eyes changed color to clue about Zenos' identity. I just replayed the end of 4.3 with one of my alts and when they are discussing an Ascian possessing Zenos' body, the moment right before Elezenos appears for the first time, this is what Thancred points out:

Of course, this is probably meant to help us realize that Zenos' soul found an host as well, because the reason that allows Ascians to possess dead and alive is that they have the Echo, and Zenos is a Resonant after all. But I do wonder, was that truly the only purpose of these comments?

Thancred does say, if they have got zero qualms to take over a living host, then let alone a dead one. We saw that too in the SMN lvl60 questline. From the theories I have read in this thread, I am going to reflect on them based on this.

1) A completely new character, irrelevant aside from the fact he is hosting Zenos. It could be well a possibility, that whether dead or alive, Zenos hijacked this Elezen just because why not. But unless we know more, that thought kind of feels wasted. Sure, the Ala Mhigan Resistance uniform involves the turban and the griffin-beak-like garment, so they basically hide all their features. It could be a random choice, or simply that Garlean models are mostly based on Elezen, but still, why an Elezen? They are not particularly prolific in Gyr Abania, and even less in the Resistance. Also, why bother hiding your features if he is a random character? This is something that leads me to the other two prominent options.
    2) Estinien. He would be a living host, and he was indeed close to Zenos' site of demise when he went to destroy Nidhogg's eyes. Yet, there is two points that make me think he cannot be. One is the DRG lvl70 questline, and other is his former arc in Heavensward. He has already gone through possession and I feel it would be wasting a plotline already used on his character. I can see, however, Estinien showing up to help us deal with... whatever is going to happen.
    3) Lord Haurchefant. As it happens with Estinien, Elezenos' model's features do not quite match with his, but as said before, it could be merely a placeholder, and mainly because Haurche's beak nose is pretty recognizable. Despite it seems delusional, there is the DRK lvl70 questline reminding us that his (and Ysayle's) memory and the WoL's guilt and pain from his death is still there. In 4.1, Fordola reeled at her Echo showing, amongst other images of our past, an image of the WoL kneeling alone before Haurche's memorial, and she specifically comments on their pain. The idea of an Ascian messing up with the WoL by taking Haurchefant's body is something I have always thought quite possible and not at all above their modus operandi. But the possibility of being Zenos instead could be interesting, particularly because in his mind, the WoL is his bestie (and he actually propositioned to them before the final battle, mind). He is quite obsessed with them, and it could be a stark contrast between Haurchefant saving our life and Zenos trying to hunt us down as their way of understanding this bond. There are many chances that this will not be the case, but the constant of reminding us of Haurchefant is interesting. I would make a comparison with how every time there is a reference to Haurchefant there is another to Ysayle, and in this patch there was one, but it would be spoiler-ish enough.

So these are my two cents. Indeed, I am not sure of which will it be. For now we only know it is Zenos inside that Elezen, but is there a particular reason for the choosing of that host? That is what I wonder. Until next patches, the only thing we can do is speculate with what we are given.
    (1)
    ーヴィヌ・
    | X'wyhn Lehn, the Dragonsong |
    | Of the Blood of the Ancients and the Elder Dragons of Meracydia |

Player
    Character
    Kharagal Mierqid
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 90
    We actually have very hard confirmation that it's not Haurchefant who Zenos is possessing. During one of the interviews Yoshida had at E3, he talked about how he does like giving players true hints about where the story is going next, because that anticipation is fun for the players. He said he doesn't like giving players false hints if he and the story team can help it, because that creates a false anticipation. His example of a "true hint" was the zoom-in on a certain mask at the end of 4.3. He specifically told the cut-scene creators to do that shot so that it was a very obvious hint to the players about who the Shadowhunter really is so long as they recognized the mask. His example of a "false hint" was how he read some players were theorizing that Zenos had taken over Haurchefant and wished that he and the story team could have come up with a better way of showing that whoever Zenos was possessing wasn't Haurchefant so that players wouldn't be mislead.

As far as where the person Zenos is possessing could have come from... we see Ishgardean Elezen in the Ala Mhigo dungeon. It's probably one of them.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Trpimir Ratyasch
    World
    Lamia
    Main Class
    Gunbreaker Lv 90
    Yoshi-P said verbatim it was a "new" character. It's not Haurchefant. Like as not it's just some otherwise unimportant Resistance schmuck who ended up getting possessed by Zenos.
    (8)
    Trpimir Ratyasch's Way Status (6.55 - End)
    [ ]LOST [ ]NOT LOST [X] PvPING FOR SWAG
    "There is no hope in stubbornly clinging to the past. It is our duty to face the future and march onward, not retreat inward." -Sovetsky Soyuz, Azur Lane: Snowrealm Peregrination

Player
    Character
    X'wyhn Lehn
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 80
    It is just speculation, as I said. I am just curious and pondering the options. If Yoshi-P says it is not, then I will believe his words. For now, that is. In any case, the word "new" is kind of... weird. We know it is Zenos. The Elezen is merely his host, though.

But meh. I just have fun theorizing and speculating. Do not mind me. :'D
    (0)
    ーヴィヌ・

Player
    Character
    Crimson Law
    World
    Adamantoise
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 90
    I don't think the Elezen host is anyone particularly noteworthy, rather he was probably just an unsuspecting Resistance fighter who was in the wrong place at the wrong time. And given that an Ascian (most likely Elidibus) is masquerading as Zenos using his old body I hardly think they planned for Zenos proper to body jump after his death.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    X'wyhn Lehn
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by ChaoticCrimson View Post
    I don't think the Elezen host is anyone particularly noteworthy, rather he was probably just an unsuspecting Resistance fighter who was in the wrong place at the wrong time. And given that an Ascian (most likely Elidibus) is masquerading as Zenos using his old body I hardly think they planned for Zenos proper to body jump after his death.
    One of my theories (and admitedly, funniest mental images) is Zenos' soul trying to get back to his original body and finding out that it has already been occupied by a non-invited Ascian guest. C:
    (1)
    ーヴィヌ・

Player
    Character
    Sylvestre Solscribe
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by ChaoticCrimson View Post
    He doesn't seem to be the kind of guy who care about which body he's in.
    If anything he now has more freedom so all the better.

Side note : people use the word theory wrongly way too often.

Side note 2 : very interesting topic to read so far :}
    (0)

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast