Character
    Nonni Brilante
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Mimilu View Post
    Is it bad that I suggested a Ivalice MMORPG on the survey? >w>
    Nope. In fact, I suggested a StarOcean MMORPG.
    (9)

Player
    Character
    Aster Enelysion
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 70
    I used that survey to berate them for their growing practices of over-monetization of their own games, rather than putting out full content that lasts and is worth buying. But, you know, that's just me, and I'm well aware that SE will never take my opinion with any degree of value, regardless of whether or not that survey was really SE or not. *shrugs*
    (17)

Player
    Character
    Malfoy Fleurentine
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 80
    Depending on how the next few years go, I might move on to the next FF mmo if there is one. I think for now SE is gathering information, and I think it will likely be a while before anything comes of it.
    (4)

___Malfoy __/thefleurentine.tumblr.com
    because diamonds are forever, as is dust.
    ~ . S A R G A T A N A S . ~

Player
    Character
    Kisa Kisa
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 84
    Quote Originally Posted by Enla View Post
    I took the survey and frankly it felt less like they were plotting a successor MMO and more trying to figure out better ways to monetize this one and provide content going forward. Having three MMO's running concurrently would just cannibalize their own industry, so I doubt they're even caring enough to make a successor to FFXIV when it's still exceedingly successful.
    They're probably looking for a successor to FFXI.

The way some of the questions are leaded however, suggests they want to make a Final Fantasy themed Battle Royale game like Fortnite. Complete with all the wallet-draining microtransactions.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazrah View Post
    Nope. In fact, I suggested a StarOcean MMORPG.
    I'd like a Chrono Trigger MMORPG, but that's just me going "Well I don't see a Super Mario MMORPG or a Kingdom Hearts MMORPG ever being a thing due the licencing hell it would result in"
    (3)
    Last edited by KisaiTenshi; 06-29-2018 at 08:08 AM.

Player
    Character
    Cain Alushaun
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 78
    Quote Originally Posted by Elamys View Post
    People have been saying MMOs are a dying genre for years but somehow they haven't died yet and continue to be successful.

I do think we'll see a shift in how MMOs are played, though. Subscriptions for MMOs are very nearly dead and I'm expecting we'll see more in the way of cash shop purchases as well as game design that works with shorter, less dedicated play periods. Online gaming and RPGs are still both very attractive but the whole design of an MMO being a "job" is on its way out.

Ultimately the big problem with current MMOs is that there's a LOT of them and it's very, very difficult to actively play more than one MMO because as they are currently they are a huge time investment.
    Just like the horror genre in gaming, players/reviewers/developers like to state that the public isnt interested. Yet those games continue to sell and well over consistent extended time frames and market fluctuations
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Hestzhyen Voer
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 80
    This was definitely a marketing/monetization survey to help analyze what people will spend money on. I put my two cents in against cash-only DLC but... yeah.

I don't think XIV is on it's way out any time soon but if they want to plan for it's successor, it's better to start testing the waters now by feeling out how positively people react to the idea. You can't spend enough time planning for games on the MMO scale.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Dawn Solaris
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 90
    I'm for it because XIV has felt dated for a while now.
    (14)

Player
    Character
    Raiya Li
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Dancer Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Elamys View Post
    People have been saying MMOs are a dying genre for years but somehow they haven't died yet and continue to be successful.

I do think we'll see a shift in how MMOs are played, though. Subscriptions for MMOs are very nearly dead and I'm expecting we'll see more in the way of cash shop purchases as well as game design that works with shorter, less dedicated play periods. Online gaming and RPGs are still both very attractive but the whole design of an MMO being a "job" is on its way out.

Ultimately the big problem with current MMOs is that there's a LOT of them and it's very, very difficult to actively play more than one MMO because as they are currently they are a huge time investment.
    The irony is there's somewhat of a MMO drought at least in term's of something new. FFXIV is one of the best managed ones because even with the mogshop it's harmless compared to the financial sinkholes of the like's of Aion, Blade and Soul and Black Desert Online where you can be looking at significant costs.
    People were hoping Bless would be good even because so few one's are coming out although that one is looking like its tanking hard in no small part due to poor performance, haphazard translations, unwanted and unneeded censorship, lack of content and underwhelming combat.

The day's of an MMO being a job are over honestly. Noone realistically is interested in an endless grind but they do want an open world game to play around in.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Sora Burakku
    World
    Zalera
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 80
    I told them to start making sequels to their older franchises rather than remakes or re-releases of the old ones. the Mana series, Chrono series, Draakenguard series, all need a new entry to revitalize their franchises. Stop milking the FF and DQ series for a little while, its getting out of hand, especially on mobile.
    (5)

Player
    Character
    Song Sparrow
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Goldsmith Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by MageBlack View Post
    Draakenguard series
    The Nier games are part of Drakengard and Automata just came out last year so while that one is slow on getting updates at least it's not totally dead. I agree they need to stop cashing in on remakes though. They're riding that 7 remake so hard.
    (1)

cerise leclaire
    (bad omnicrafter & terrible astrologian)

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast