Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Player
    Character
    W'kepaga Amih
    World
    Seraph
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 1
    The problem is, that world you're on is overcrowded. Plenty of other worlds with lots of house plots vacant...
    (7)

Player
    Character
    Kuuro Yuuki
    World
    Tonberry
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 70
    instead of lottery system i prefer auction system.

so when a house demolished,there will 12-24hours timer for ppl do bid on that plot,highest bid get that plot :/
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Neridia Neririncia
    World
    Tonberry
    Main Class
    Dancer Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by KuuroYuuki View Post
    instead of lottery system i prefer auction system.

so when a house demolished,there will 12-24hours timer for ppl do bid on that plot,highest bid get that plot :/
    And all the houses will go to those trillionaires who already own multiple plots.
    (5)

Player
    Character
    Jojoya Joya
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Enla View Post
    What needs to happen is the developer's need to find a solution that addresses both sides and their specific needs, as we're just never going to get a revamped housing system.
    I would imagine that the closest we're likely to get is an expansion of the apartment system so multiple sizes are available. That would be a tremendous help though not a total solution.

The current "studio" apartments are just too small replicate western style housing, which is probably part of why they weren't as well received as SE had planned. At least the 100 item limit doesn't feel nearly as restrictive as the original 50 item limit did.

Given a choice between an expensive house subject to auto-demo if you don't log in and a much cheaper apartment with the same interior space but not subject to auto-demo, I think most players would be happy to take the apartment.

There would still be some fighting for houses between FCs, gardeners, those who like using striking dummies or those who just want a yard for other reasons but it wouldn't be nearly the mess it is now on high pop worlds.

In the meantime, feel free to come to Coeurl if you want a house. There's a medium across from my alt's FC house that's been vacant for over a week now. I keep thinking it's a shame I can't buy it for my alt since evidently no one else wants it. And of course that's only 1 out of several mediums and over 150 smalls available across all wards.

Quote Originally Posted by Neri View Post
    And all the houses will go to those trillionaires who already own multiple plots.
    That only works if the player has multiple active SE accounts and the purchasing character is on an account that doesn't own a house on that world.

Not that I'm in favor of an auction anymore than you are. It's still not solving anything other than the need to camp.
    (0)
    Last edited by Jojoya; 06-23-2018 at 08:40 PM.

Player
    Character
    Pastahnak Popotonak
    World
    Famfrit
    Main Class
    Fisher Lv 80
    An auction system would definitely make the process less painful, but good luck getting a house if u don't have more than 100mil or more

And also that scenario of spam clicking to get a house over someone else only happens on servers with housing issues. Most servers have and will always have empty plots if SE doesn't disable auto demo again.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Soma Kagami
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 90
    Any time someone mentions the lottery system for XIV housing, I imagine what real estate and housing would be like in actual real life if it functioned on an actual lottery system...and then I just shake my head at both ideas in disdain.

A lottery system wouldn't make your chances any more fair and in fact it would decrease the odds of you getting said plot that you wanted even further because not only would you be betting against other players, but now personal luck and RNG as well.

Imagine hearing about a new XIV player that it took ten years or better for them to win a house because of a lottery system inside of a video game on places like the OF or reddit.

That would be like the saddest story ever.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Deacon Moore
    World
    Mateus
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 79
    Quote Originally Posted by Super_Bee_Brian View Post
    Making it so that it's an actual lottery will save players from pain.
    Losing lottery after lottery wouldn't be painful either? /boggle

SE has done morally repugnant things to the housing in this game. All that needs to happen is for them to get it together and either change over to instanced housing anyone can buy when they have the want and funds for, or if they insist on maintaining wards make it so new ones are added after the others are filled up thus allowing everyone that wants a house to have one.

Their is zero rational reason every player can't have a fully functioning house.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Novia Marius
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Gunbreaker Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Final-Fantasy View Post
    The problem is, that world you're on is overcrowded. Plenty of other worlds with lots of house plots vacant...
    It never stops being wild hearing Mateus described as "overcrowded" l o l
    (7)

Player
    Character
    Jojoya Joya
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by DeaconMoore View Post

SE has done morally repugnant things to the housing in this game.
    You're getting overly dramatic when you say things like "SE has done morally repugnant things to the housing in this game".

Let's run down what SE has done since housing was first introduced:

They added instanced housing in the form of FC rooms so players could have their own personal space to decorate.

They allowed individual players to start purchasing houses instead of continuing to restrict them to FCs.

They decreased the purchase price of houses.

They've continued to add new housing items for players to use in decorating their housing.

They expanded the instanced housing with the creation of apartment buildings.

They doubled the item placement limit in housing.

They added a new housing district.

They added a relocation feature.

They increased the number of wards in each housing district by 50%.

They added a purchase timer to in an attempt to help deter house resales.

I'm sure there are a few other changes they've made to housing as it was originally implemented that I can't recall off the top of my head.

Yet you find all of these changes they've made to the original housing implementation to be morally repugnant?

I guess SE should just revert housing back to what it was in 2.1 since that was evidently a better situation in your eyes.
    (3)

Character
    Deionarra Eidolon
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Jojoya View Post
    -snip-
    I'm not sure how furniture and such are relevant, but in regards to the purchase-related items you listed here, let's not forget that SE caused all of the problems these efforts attempted to fix because they made the shamefully stupid decision to pursue a Housing system that their servers and back-end were / are incapable of properly handling.

Striving to fix a system you should never have built in the first place isn't exactly worthy of praise, nor defense. I'd agree that morally repugnant is a stretch - but only because this is a video game, and incompetence is entirely distinct from morality. And I'd venture a guess that DeaconMoore's phrasing wasn't intended literally, so there's that, as well.

----------

In response to the OP, I agree with many others that a lottery system would be a bad idea. I'd much prefer a system that organically grows the Wards and/or offers a separate system that permits people to get whatever type of house, in whatever style and size, they desire.

Housing is not something that should be limited in modern MMOs, particularly when a significant amount of content in XIV is anchored around / requires housing.
    (1)
    Last edited by Vhailor; 06-24-2018 at 04:32 PM.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast