Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Player
    Character
    Kharagal Mierqid
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 90
    The guy who came up with Black Rose is an elezen, but he was fully cooperating with the Garleans the entire time. Furthermore, he hid a few containers of Black Rose in the Fringe and gave himself amnesia as one last "Fuck you!" to Giaus after Giaus shut down his his pet project. Giaus is recorded as being very annoyed that the XIVth Legion would never find all the manufactured Black Rose since killing off the population whole-sale was never his goal. From all accounts, when the scientist was in his right mind he didn't have a problem with what he was doing, if anything he enjoyed it too much...
    (0)

Character
    Kyara Moonbane
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Eloah View Post
    I'm not too sure, but when I sae him I swear his eyes looked familiar.
    Eh, when I saw his eyes I immediately thought Zenos. I think they are a similar blue, maybe?
    Also, those ear pockets look retrospectively sewn on to me meaning he doesn't have to look like an Elezen, even, but I might be wrong on that.
    (0)
    Last edited by Yuyuka3; 06-01-2018 at 07:27 AM.

Player
    Character
    Lyon Polnareff
    World
    Ultros
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 70
    That's exactly how that helmet looks on any Elezen.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Theacut Searin
    World
    Lich
    Main Class
    Rogue Lv 80
    They go for the 'you bastard' route and he is possessing the deceased body of Hauchefant.
    Which would do wonders for the WoL's psyche, especially Dark Knights.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Aurelie Moonsong
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 90
    It really is not going to be Haurchefant. It doesn't look like him beyond using the same basic face, and even if it did? Zenos probably has no idea that he ever existed, let alone the question of whether he's even able to possess someone who died several months ago and a long way away from Ala Mhigo.

If we're using the Sahagin chief as a previous example of what's going on, he only took over the bodies of people standing immediately next to him. It may only be a short-distance transfer.
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Amon Kujaku
    World
    Zalera
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 8
    Quote Originally Posted by Iscah View Post
    it might be worthwhile having a look at background characters in the area during Stormblood's finale? Other than that, yes it would be interesting to keep an eye out for any Elezen resistance fighters when I eventually get to replaying Stormblood.
    Try rewatching cutscenes at an inn? Might be something in those.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Etoile Kallera
    World
    Mateus
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 60
    I'm worried relations with Garlemeld are going to get worse if Zenos manages to keep his resistance soldier disguise and say, ruins any attempt at a ceasefire made at Ala Mihgo.

I can't get excited for another war, especially when they feel manufactured.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Endris Caemwynn
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Gunbreaker Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonnycbad View Post
    It was probably a Doman soldier that was conscripted to fight for the Empire, we fight tons of them through the various dungeons and they use katanas.
    I doubt the elezen ever fought with a katana previously. In Asahi's flashback(in 4.2 I think?), Zenos just took one from a Doman Resistance member he killed. He probably just grabbed the first one he saw laying around after he woke up.
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Lineage Razor
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Goldsmith Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Kallera View Post
    I'm worried relations with Garlemeld are going to get worse if Zenos manages to keep his resistance soldier disguise and say, ruins any attempt at a ceasefire made at Ala Mihgo.

I can't get excited for another war, especially when they feel manufactured.
    I doubt that would be the result if Xenos were to brazenly assault us in Ala Mhigo or whatever. If he comes after us, he'll likely come after us alone - after all, what he wants is a one-on-one confrontation with us, not a battle royale with many participants. He also doesn't seem at all interested in hiring on other Garleans; if he wanted to be part of the Garlean machine, he could have laid low, hidden his identity, and played along with the other Garleans. Instead, he slaughtered a soldier, and stole an airship. I'd say his Garlean bridges are burned at this point.

And if a single soldier barges in... A nation LOOKING for conflict, like the Garlean Empire, might eagerly jump at the chance to go to war over it, but the Eorzean Alliance wants peace. They'll be more interested in treating it as an isolated incident, a renegade Garlean soldier who just couldn't stomach defeat, or whatever. And if the renegade displays Xenos-like traits during his assault? The Alliance will be far more keenly interested in HIM than they will be in what uniform he's wearing.

If it were the other way around, a solitary soldier wearing Alliance colors and making an assault on the Garlean empire, I'd say you'd have cause for concern of it sparking another war. The Alliance, on the other hand, is much more vested in keeping things civil.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Seraphus Highwynn
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Daralii View Post
    I doubt the elezen ever fought with a katana previously. In Asahi's flashback(in 4.2 I think?), Zenos just took one from a Doman Resistance member he killed. He probably just grabbed the first one he saw laying around after he woke up.
    Some of imperial soldiers you fight throughout the various dungeons and missions in SB, including the spectres of the homeland during Tuskiyomi have katanas. Because many are Domans who were conscripted into the Empire.
    (0)
    Last edited by Jonnycbad; 06-14-2018 at 03:56 AM.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast