Player
    Character
    Ansel Aeons
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 80

Sharing house with alt characters

It would be cool if they adjusted housing so that if you have alts they are able to teleport to a house you already own on the same server.
    (6)

Player
    Character
    Jojoya Joya
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 90
    It's been requested many times since the new housing rules went into effect. Perhaps we'll see it happen with the next expansion.

I would imagine the main problem is the limit on the number of tenants we can add to our homes since some players have more alts than the tenant limit can handle. They'd have to change the programming to either increase the tenant limit or turn alts into owners not counted toward the limit. It would be nice if they would allow us to add alts to our friends list as well. Too many players are already using shell FCs to get around item sharing restrictions if SE's intent behind the restriction is to get players to buy more retainers. Certainly it does nothing to hinder RMT activity since shell FCs are more easily created by the gold sellers with their multiple (usually compromised) accounts than normal players with a single account.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Cain Alushaun
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 78
    I don't even have a house yet. My main and my alts squat in the streets of Lominsa and U'ldah like well armored and stylishly dressed hobos.

...spare some change?
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Kittypryde Kujata
    World
    Ultros
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 78
    I wish they would also implement this as well! It's annoying trying to move bound furniture from my mains house to my alts apt (who is in a different fc) . I have to have both characters share a friend's house, and use it as a Midway transfer point. It really sucks.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Jojoya Joya
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by CainCrimson View Post
    I don't even have a house yet. My main and my alts squat in the streets of Lominsa and U'ldah like well armored and stylishly dressed hobos.

...spare some change?
    Can you hop a train to Coeurl? Cottages in Goblet are dirt cheap here because there are plenty in the other districts most people would rather live. Doesn't take long at all to get enough gil by buying things from vendors and reselling at a nice profit on the MB to those too lazy to go to the vendors.

Quote Originally Posted by Kittypryde View Post
    I wish they would also implement this as well! It's annoying trying to move bound furniture from my mains house to my alts apt (who is in a different fc) . I have to have both characters share a friend's house, and use it as a Midway transfer point. It really sucks.
    I just spent most of the day doing exactly that for my alts. I was raiding things I have in storage on this character, putting them in a friend's storage then taking them back out with my alt for her new apartment then crafting what was still needed on my main, sticking it in storage...

Really just annoying. I hope SE changes things by the start of the next expansion because the restriction on alt interaction is a pointless hindrance at this point.
    (2)
    Last edited by Jojoya; 06-12-2018 at 02:41 PM.

Player
    Character
    Keridwyn Maeve
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Jojoya View Post
    Can you hop a train to Coeurl? Cottages in Goblet are dirt cheap here because there are plenty in the other districts most people would rather live. Doesn't take long at all to get enough gil by buying things from vendors and reselling at a nice profit on the MB to those too lazy to go to the vendors.
    Even the other districts have houses pop up pretty regularly depending on what you're looking for, our housing isn't too bad at all.

Also hilarious how that works isn't it? I'm always surprised when I see vendor items selling expensive on our MB.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Ryaz Darksbane
    World
    Brynhildr
    Main Class
    Samurai Lv 90

...spare some change?
    Not enough to get an apartment?
    (1)
    Last edited by Ryaz; 06-13-2018 at 05:58 PM.

Player
    Character
    Fox Briarthorn
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Culinarian Lv 90
    As of the liveletter today we now know they have people working on this, just no timeline as to when to expect it.
    (5)
    Last edited by Dustytome; 06-13-2018 at 06:14 AM.

Player
    Character
    Inglis Eucus
    World
    Malboro
    Main Class
    Reaper Lv 90

...spare some change?
    There always the free inn rooms to stay at.
    (0)