Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
    Character
    Kerwin Nindon
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Weaver Lv 90

Exclamation Sticky thread for NA tech support for NTT has now moved and been locked...

So...

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/t...-Center/page39

Moderators have recently moved the stickied thread for the NA tech support for the NTT lag, rubberbanding & 90k disconnections to the "separate support required" forum which has locked the thread from receiving more replies from customers having connectivity issues due to SE's ISP provider NTT.

Quote Originally Posted by Ariellendera View Post
    Over the last several months, many of you have experienced lag or latency issues during peak times while connecting to the North American Data Center. In response to this, we have worked with Square Enix Japan in order to investigate the cause of the issue. We would like to thank all of you for the invaluable information you provided during our investigation. Fortunately, we found no issue with the Data Center itself. However, as many of you have discovered, the issue stems from routing congestion to the Data Center. As Square Enix only has control over the Data Center itself, we cannot affect any individual connection route.
    Not working, worked... Meaning no other progress will be made from what I am reading...

In my eyes, this is the team blatantly ignoring any and all future reports regarding this issue and it is extremely discouraging to see how it was swept under the rug.

I'm honestly concerned with the quality of support regarding this issue and may consider unsubbing after these long 8+ years I've been with this game.

The server's location is one of the key concerns as to why such a large amount of people have come forward with these reports. I humbly request a NA community team member make a statement regarding a plan to alleviate this problem instead of a copy pasted tech support response that does nothing to solve the issue at hand.

Edit: Look at my ticket regarding all of my tracerts since January 2018. The issue extends back further, but I've documented when I could each time the NTT Network failed to operate normally during my raids/trials/etc.
    http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/t...ag-disconnects
    (31)
    Last edited by Kerwin; 06-01-2018 at 01:03 PM.

Player

Quote Originally Posted by Kerwin View Post
    I humbly request a NA community team member make statement regarding a plan to alleviate this problem instead of a copy pasted tech support response that does nothing to solve the issue at hand.
    Hear hear!

current connection to FFXIV....

Tracing route to 204.2.229.101 over a maximum of 30 hops

1 <1 ms <1 ms <1 ms My modem
    2 11 ms 11 ms 32 ms Comcast
    3 16 ms 38 ms 17 ms Comcast
    4 13 ms 12 ms 13 ms Comcast
    5 33 ms 27 ms 25 ms be-22258-cr02.56marietta.ga.ibone.comcast.net [68.86.90.37]
    6 31 ms 30 ms 27 ms be-11486-pe03.56marietta.ga.ibone.comcast.net [68.86.85.254]
    7 39 ms 34 ms 29 ms 50.242.151.58
    8 42 ms 49 ms 43 ms ae-1.r04.atlnga05.us.bb.gin.ntt.net [129.250.5.59]
    9 29 ms 24 ms 25 ms ae-4.r21.atlnga05.us.bb.gin.ntt.net [129.250.5.202]
    10 31 ms 39 ms 31 ms ae-6.r23.dllstx09.us.bb.gin.ntt.net [129.250.4.116]
    11 206 ms 200 ms 185 ms ae-8.r23.snjsca04.us.bb.gin.ntt.net [129.250.4.154]
    12 * 195 ms 212 ms ae-41.r02.snjsca04.us.bb.gin.ntt.net [129.250.6.119]
    13 190 ms * 186 ms ae-3.r00.scrmca02.us.bb.gin.ntt.net [129.250.7.11]
    14 195 ms 199 ms 190 ms xe-0-1-0-1-1.r00.scrmca02.us.ce.gin.ntt.net [129.250.195.46]
    15 * 198 ms * 204.2.229.234
    16 196 ms 195 ms 199 ms 204.2.229.101

Trace complete.

I have port forwarded, uninstalled my anti'virus, called my ISP 2304702934 times, had 239087234 techs come to my home, called Square-Enix, posted on the NA tech support forums, purchased a new modem, etc etc etc.

Problem is NTT.net.

Does no other player for this game have NTT. net and live in California/Texas? Like seriously?

I'm even lagging in the forums!
    (4)

Greetings, Kerwin!

I can understand how this may be perceived in a callous or uncaring manner, since further support through that thread is no longer possible. However, the thread was moved because the specific issues and investigations related to the concerns we were able to gather from it had been looked into by our infrastructure teams and the upstream ISP. The results of that investigation were contained within this response:
    Quote Originally Posted by Enkrateia View Post
    Thank you for patience and assistance while we worked with the upstream ISP in question to investigate the connection issues that have been reported throughout the thread. These reports, details, and traceroutes aided our infrastructure teams in conducting detailed investigations into the difficulties connecting to FINAL FANTASY XIV through certain upstream ISP servers. As a result of this investigation, it was found that the issues were not related to the FINAL FANTASY XIV servers. As such, we have also been sharing the collected data with the upstream ISP in question for further reviews and investigations.

We apologize that these difficulties have been ongoing, and that we don’t have an immediate resolution to share. Although we have no direct control of the situation, we’ll continue to work with the upstream ISP to investigate whether there are any specific troubles that they can isolate and work towards a solution. We’ll also share any additional updates should they become available.

If you wish to make detailed reports about your connection difficulties, we recommend contacting your local ISP directly to try to improve your connection with the upstream ISP.

Thank you again for your patience and assistance throughout this process.
    We kept the thread open and stickied in the forum to see if any new information or missed details would become available for us to consider.

For any connection issues, we will be handling them normally and individually through the Tech Support forum, and the thread that was moved did contain basic troubleshooting resolutions that would be initially recommended by the support team responding to those topics:
    In the case that you are receiving similar errors to the ones described in this sticky thread, we recommend first doing some standard troubleshooting as listed below. This is a list of common solutions that have helped many players in the past with standard connection issues.

-Clearing the browsing history, cookies and cache in Internet Explorer (even if this is not your primary web browser). Do the same for the PS4 internet browser if on PlayStation 4.
    -Resetting your router by turning it off and leaving it off for a few minutes, then turning it back on.
    -Connecting your PC/Mac/PS4 directly into the modem with an Ethernet cable
    -Making exceptions for or temporarily disabling your firewall and/or anti-virus software
    -Opening the following TCP ports on your router/hybrid modem
    54992 through 54994
    55006 through 55007
    55021 through 55040
    *For instructions on how to set up port forwarding, please contact your router manufacturer or Internet Service Provider (if your router was supplied by them).

If you have tried the suggested troubleshooting and still experience the same issues, we recommend contacting your Internet Service Provider and reporting the issue to them.
    Should we find a new trend for us to escalate and investigate, we may create another set topic for the purposes of collecting data.

Thank you for your understanding in this situation.

LGM Enkrateia
    (8)

Character
    Kerwin Nindon
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Weaver Lv 90
    Greetings, Kerwin!

snip

LGM Enkrateia
    What of the customers that still have this problem day in and day out?

If we followed all available options what is there for us left to do?

If you suggest we should invest in a routing program that avoids your ISP NTT, that is not acceptable.

What can we do about this issue???

This is effecting Square Enix's service! The end result is poor service regardless of what is in between!

If you wish to make detailed reports about your connection difficulties, we recommend contacting your local ISP directly to try to improve your connection with the upstream ISP..
    If you have tried the suggested troubleshooting and still experience the same issues, we recommend contacting your Internet Service Provider and reporting the issue to them.
    Also, enough of this in particular. There is absolutely NOTHING our ISPs can do with a service outside of their network. This suggestion is useless and considered an excuse to drop a customer's ticket with a inconclusive resolution.
    (23)
    Last edited by Kerwin; 05-17-2018 at 01:43 PM. Reason: added a line regarding our ISPs

Player

Move the servers back to Canada! GO!

yes?

Hi Kerwin, we're both Legacy players, and there are countless other players who have been playing this game for some time and just only now having such horrible service since the data center relocation. You would think they would have already moved them back or something. What, 40% of the NA playerbase got a decrease in ping, while 20% of the playerbase cant play the game from 5pm-midnight CST? I dont think thats a very good trade off. Personally.
    (3)

Character
    Kerwin Nindon
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Weaver Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniolaut View Post
    Move the servers back to Canada! GO!

yes?

Hi Kerwin, we're both Legacy players, and there are countless other players who have been playing this game for some time and just only now having such horrible service since the data center relocation. You would think they would have already moved them back or something. What, 40% of the NA playerbase got a decrease in ping, while 20% of the playerbase cant play the game from 5pm-midnight CST? I dont think thats a very good trade off. Personally.
    I'm not to sure what deal SE got exactly with moving the servers to the west coast like they did. Increased server size and storage maybe. But the trade off was terrible and not worth it if this problem persists like it has been.

With the recent DDoS attacks mixing with the NTT problems, this game has been very hard to enjoy. I love FFXIV. I love everything that has happened to it. It has evolved into something beautiful.

But all that comes to nothing if I can't stay connected and constantly lag/rubberband during the few hours a night I get off from work. It's pretty exhausting...
    (5)
    Last edited by Kerwin; 05-17-2018 at 01:57 PM.

Player

Quote Originally Posted by Kerwin View Post
    It's pretty exhausting...
    Agreed. I used to raid/do trials at night on my days off cause thats when most people do those types of things as there are more parties available, but i havent been able to since 4.0 due to NTT.net.

I thankfully have all mornings off so i can get a handful of things done, and can sometimes get lucky to pug savage, but its quite rare. Else i'd be in the same boat youre in and ready to unsub. I've even contemplated it due to my inability to double weave on DRG during the night raids. Just now i couldnt even stay connected to do a dungeon though. It really fluctuates. Its pretty bad sometimes.
    (0)

Character
    Kerwin Nindon
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Weaver Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniolaut View Post
    Its pretty bad sometimes.
    It's every night for me. I've contacted tech support over the phone, via email, via the forums. And every single time I get a copy pasted template response each time. They won't accept responsibility as well! Square Enix's ISP NTT is causing issues for it's customers, and they blame them for it and won't do anything about it!

I'm beating my head against a wall. Poor service is poor service. Period.
    (1)

Character
    Nephthys Yamada
    World
    Adamantoise
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 80
    Rumor has it...Comcast is intentionally sabotaging the route.

But it's a rumor.

Don't have proof. (Not a comcast customer) - but every one I've talked with this issue..is a Comcast Customer or routed through their network.
    Could be a coincidence.
    (3)

Character
    Kerwin Nindon
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Weaver Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by NephthysVasudan View Post
    Rumor has it...Comcast is intentionally sabotaging the route.

But it's a rumor.

Don't have proof. (Not a comcast customer) - but every one I've talked with this issue..is a Comcast Customer or routed through their network.
    Could be a coincidence.
    The Net neutrality laws are not yet abolished for yet another month or two. I would expect this type of thing to happen afterwards. But at this point, I'm willing to pay Comcast for their "highway" route so I can get a stable connection... gg
    (0)

Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast