Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Player
    Character
    Alexandria Blackmoor
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 80

Which location(s) are we likely to travel to in the next expansion? *SPOILERS*

Through ARR, there were lots of references to Ala Mihgo, and a lot of interactions with various refugees. We went there in Stormblood.
    During ARR, we were introduced to the Doman refugees, and Doma was usually referenced pretty much any time we interacted with them. In Stormblood we went to Doma.
    During ARR, Ishgard was mentioned often. In Heavensward, we went to Ishgard.

Of what we've seen mentioned so far, and what we know of the world, going deeper into Garlemald seems like a good possibility. But beyond that what other possibilities do we have?

Further discovery of Sharlayan? Is there anything else we've had mentioned to us that I'm not thinking of that could potentially be a destination in the next expansion?
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Ren Kurosaki
    World
    Diabolos
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 90
    Garlemald and Sharlayan are what I've been hearing from Stormblood so far.
    (6)
    [super inactive on this Forum LOL]

Player
    Character
    Trpimir Ratyasch
    World
    Lamia
    Main Class
    Gunbreaker Lv 90
    We've only explored some of Othard, so the rest of that is also a possibility. There are other island nations, such as Radz-at-Han and the rest of Hingashi - that could be explored. We don't have any hints at it yet, but the New World and Meracydia are also options.

The most likely destination is, of course, still Ilsabard (Garlemald).
    (8)
    Trpimir Ratyasch's Way Status (6.55 - End)
    [ ]LOST [ ]NOT LOST [X] PvPING FOR SWAG
    "There is no hope in stubbornly clinging to the past. It is our duty to face the future and march onward, not retreat inward." -Sovetsky Soyuz, Azur Lane: Snowrealm Peregrination

Player
    Character
    Aldessa Verdun
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Machinist Lv 90
    I only say Illsabard as well because I'd like to hope they're gonna do something with the named garlean factions. plus we keep cutting to places in garlemald more and more so I really do hope that's next. the other "half" of the expansion, if they follow the Stormblood model, will either be Raz-at-Han or Sharlayan.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Alijana Tumet
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Ninja Lv 90
    They seem to largely be building up to us visiting Ilsabard next, though given the scale of the continent compared to Aldenard and Othard, I have a hard time imagining that they'd split our journey between there and some other region like Sharlayan as they did in Stormblood.

I feel like if there's going to be an entry point for the expansion, we're either going there by ship from the Near East/Radz-at-Han (Which could be a new hub along the lines of Kugane) or crossing into it from Othard's western reaches through that barren wasteland known as The Burn.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Anony Moose
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 90
    There have been too many hints about Ilsabard for it to not be #1 on my suspects list, though Yoshida did suggest that they were considering delaying certain elements of the conclusion to go on a quest to fight something else. (Maybe they're afraid of losing people if they feel like "the story" has been wrapped up rather than the OG scenario? Idk, I hope not; FFXI's most popular expansions are post-OG story arc. Just need to avoid gratuitous villain decay and branching out the world so far with dimensions and timelines that fighting for your own seems rather unimportant or moot in context.)

Though I think it'd be fun to do Ilsabard + Thavnair, compare and contrast the Empire to the Near East.

I always dreamed Sharlayan would be paired with a return to Eorzea to finish off the Ascians; bring the other half of Mor Dhona back and make it feel like a lot of 1.0 themes had just been up in the air waiting to fall back down.
    (20)
    Last edited by Anonymoose; 03-28-2018 at 04:19 AM.
    "I shall refrain from making any further wild claims until such time as I have evidence."
    – Y'shtola

Player
    Character
    Saika Kinoshita
    World
    Mateus
    Main Class
    Rogue Lv 53
    We're taking a whale to the moon.
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Ameme Ame'klin
    World
    Goblin
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyssahtyn View Post
    We're taking a whale to the moon.
    We are summoning Bismarck ourselves and arming it with dragonslayer cannons in preparation for our lunar invasion. Once there, we will free Princess Kaguya and return her to her mortal parents. Tataru will make a fortune mining moon rocks.
    (6)

Player
    Character
    Rofel Dokfel
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 90
    I wanna go to Sharlayan Motherland and to the islands where the seawolves come from.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Mahrze Crossner
    World
    Jenova
    Main Class
    Monk Lv 80
    Well, supposedly, we'd be going to Thavnair at one point during 4.0 iirc on some interviews/articles that were compiled on reddit before SB's launch. But with about 1/3rd of Othard explored and the "land route" to Ilsabard is still covered in clouds on the map, I assume we're paving the way to Ilsabard in 5.0 on the Othard side.

On the Aldenard side, pretty confident its The islands to the north of aldenard, even though I wish Aldenard itself was expanded upon more.

I do personally think 6.0 will be the Ilsabard Expansion.
    (1)
    If you say so.

Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 ... LastLast