Player
    Character
    Brizzyne Windsong
    World
    Exodus
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 80

QoL change request for the market board

Soon we will have things stacking to 999 which means we will start seeing cases where this is the only quantity of various items on the marketboard. Please allow us to chose how many of an item to buy from a stack.
    (5)

Character
    Nephthys Yamada
    World
    Adamantoise
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Vasala View Post
    Soon we will have things stacking to 999 which means we will start seeing cases where this is the only quantity of various items on the marketboard. Please allow us to chose how many of an item to buy from a stack.
    YES please....don't force us to buy stacks we don't want.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Aimori Duciel
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 80
    I assume you the buyer would be paying extra for getting fewer items + taking the 5% tax.

If not then no thanks, Also nobody is forcing anyone to buy stacks. Just gather it yourself.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Callinon Soulforge
    World
    Ultros
    Main Class
    Dancer Lv 90
    While I agree that I'd like to buy partial stacks from the MB because it's far more convenient for me to just buy the amount I want rather than having to buy some arbitrary amount, there IS a free market discussion to be had here.

If my stack of 1000 bear asses doesn't sell, perhaps people would buy stacks of 200? Stacks of 20? I have to use more MB space to list all that, but if this sells the product instead of selling in one enormous stack of asses, then that's what I should do because the market is leading me to do that.

Some advice I give people looking to sell their gatherables on the MB is to sell in stacks of 10 and charge just a little bit more for them. Why 10? Because GC turn-ins are in stacks of 10 and people will pay more to do that just so they don't have a lot of extra garbage left over after they're done.
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Alpha Bongo
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 70
    From a technical standpoint that's almost impossible to do due to the way the market board works.

From a community standpoint no one in their right mind will sell things in stacks of 999 simply because they will not shift. As the previous poster mentioned, a sensible crafter/gatherer would sell a stack of something if it was a hand in (for example, selling king cakes in stacks of 4). If I sold a stack of 999 king cakes no one would buy it because no one needs 999 king cakes. Even Lex Luther stopped at forty. Unless people are really, really thick and don't want their goods to sell, then we will continue to see manageable stacks of goods on the MB.
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Merida Quigg
    World
    Ultros
    Main Class
    Culinarian Lv 80
    No to this, as a seller I want to sell all the product I am putting on the MB. If I am selling crystals and I have 1000 up for 200 gil each, I don't want people to buy tiny bits hear and there until I now have 34 up for 200 gil each. If they made this change it would greatly decrease the control and fun of the MB because it would remove the power of the seller and greatly increase the power of the buyer. Just like a previous poster noted selling smaller quantities to turn product faster is a good technique to push product. There is already many limits on the economy in the game don't add more.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Khuja'to Binbotaj
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 90
    I agree with the above posters, this suggestion is completely biased in favour of the customer and doesn't take the seller into account in the slightest
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Winter Sandman
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Griffey View Post
    From a technical standpoint that's almost impossible to do due to the way the market board works.
    If I recall correctly in 1.0 you could list things as buy all or buy partial. So you could throw up a stack of Logs and say (unit price is 400) and people could come and buy the logs in whatever quantity they wanted at 400 a log or you could list it at (Unit price of 350 for 34,650) and people would have to buy the entire stack.

This would leave options for both the buyer and seller.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Red Cork
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 70
    sort-by-stack-size would also be a nice option, so you don't have to scroll through up to 100 listings to find the stack size you are looking for.
    (0)
    "Fun comes first. If it isn't fun, you're doing it wrong." -Naoki Yoshida