Player
    Character
    Ama Cauda
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 70

Fix Praetorium

Ran Praetorium as a White Mage about a week ago. I was aware that people run this very aggressively and that I would need to skip scenes. I skipped scenes and my party STILL left me behind, refusing to explain any of the mechanics when I asked, and mocking me when I missed things. I only participated in one of the fights. I accidentally skipped over the end sequence because I was so upset. It was easily one of the worst experiences I have had in ANY game.

I have heard people make the argument that it is necessary to allow people to run the duty aggressively so that people will queue for it. I can tell you, this duty made me stop progressing the plot, and I can say that I will definitely NEVER queue in the MSQ queue as a result. I would have gladly queued for two hours just to get a positive experience on this dungeon.

Please fix this dungeon!
    (4)

Character
    Mordavia Planeswalker
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 90
    You can watch the mechanics on youtube, but at this point in the game they are really trivial which is why everyone plows through the area. I don't know how you got left behind if you were skipping cutscenes. Maybe join a FC that will wait for you to watch cutscene and make the pace slower.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Ama Cauda
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 70
    Thanks, when I mean mechanics, I actually mean the elevators and the magitech suits. Since I was scene skipping, I had no idea where to go. They left me behind at the elevator when I was right next to it, mocking me, and I finally caught up when they were finishing off the last boss. I even did the whole "Hello! First time! Please let me know what I need to do!" thing
    (1)
    Last edited by execool; 01-12-2018 at 03:00 PM.

Player
    Character
    Ferth Fontaine
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 70
    I believe Praetorium and Castrum Meridianum are going to be changed in some fashion in 4.2. What that will entail is yet to be seen, though.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Mandar Magoo
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Botanist Lv 80
    I'm sorry to hear that. :< I always advise my sprouts (assuming I can't get a full group together for them) to just watch the cutscenes and everyone will complete the dungeon by the time you finish lol. Personally I got lucky my first run of it, the vet tank put her foot down and told everyone else to stfu and go slow so she could teach the new tank how to do the run properly. I think this is one of the dungeons that brings out the best and the worst of our community.
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Ama Cauda
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 70
    haha yeah I probably should have just ignored the advice to start scene skipping and just let them blast through while I just watched the scenes. Figuring out that I had to turn in the quest before I could watch the scenes in the inn was an arduous process. In any case, I would totally have reached out to my FC if I had known it was going to be such a mess! That tank sounds pretty cool... I can't bring myself to do it again, or even do the MSQ queue, but if I did it later I would probably refuse to progress without the newbies like that tank did. However I hope they actually do something to fix it at the end of this month!! I will definitely give it another swing at that time!
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Y'dyalani Rhus
    World
    Louisoix
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 90
    First time I done this and Castrum I got left behind.
    Castrum was because by time I skipped one cutscene another began and everyone was off before me. I don' know if my ping isn't great but I always seem to be last out of Cutscenes even when I skipped as soon as I can. I ended up sat on the steps after the trash bin at the first boss in Castrum (there was mobs the other side of the wall who weren't pulled) and just watched scenes while party done dungeon lol easiest exp ever.
    Hell even last week I got left behind on Praetorium at the lift. Group activated it before I'd got the keycard to work the magitek. That was it. By time it came down and I got up, into suit they were way ahead despite my best efforts I didn't catch up till after the boss fight which I was locked out of.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Xero Ered
    World
    Malboro
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by execool View Post
    *Snips*

Please fix this dungeon!
    So basically you are easily offended, and you quit because of a bad experience instead of taking a break, shaking it off, and moving on, because it was all about you being upset.

Got it.

And yes, I'm an insensitive jerk for not caring about your feelings, and honoring and respecting the fact your entire purpose in creating this thread was to whine instead of handle it like an adult.

And fyi, despite that this may upset you, it is unfortunately the best possible advice I can give you from one individual to another. Even if it is not what you want to hear.
    (8)
    Last edited by Xero123; 01-13-2018 at 07:30 PM.

Player
    Character
    Absenthine Starfrost
    World
    Faerie
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 90
    I usually mark the Magitek thing if I notice a new player and verbally say something if I see them not get it.

Usually though if there is a newbie I tell them to just sit back and watch the cutscenes. The team I had my first time told me to and honestly I enjoyed it. Then I went back and did it normally. Just know that this is the last time this'll happen, doesn't occur in later dungeons.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    King Canadane
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 90
    Watch the cutscenes and enjoy your free ride.
    (3)

http://king.canadane.com

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast