Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Player
    Character
    Claire Pendragon
    World
    Mateus
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 90
    RDM is affected by latency, but i wouldnt call it crippling.
    The only time my GCD really suffers, is when Im working with a NIN, trying to get embolden off, usually resulting in triple weaving (aka clipping)
    Of course If I pop it too early, then a lot is wasted, and if I pop it when its going to cause less clipping, then Im doing it late enough someone claims im being selfish with it.

Though double weaving easily cuts off at LEAST 0.1s off my GCD.
    But it depends on the night.
    And I wouldnt call it crippling.
    (1)
    CLAIRE PENDRAGON

Player
    Character
    Zuzu Belloq
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 80
    Not being able between the enhanced melee combo without clipping is really bad. In my case Displacement also tends to clip.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Alijana Tumet
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Ninja Lv 90
    I'd love it if they made Overheat have a 12 second duration to ensure that you can get six GCDs off even if there's some latency,
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Zuzu Belloq
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 80
    They could make MCH work on GCD counts instead of time based stuff.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Lystaria Luciano
    World
    Zodiark
    Main Class
    Dragoon Lv 90
    Changing overheat to 11 sec would be more than enough. The main change I want is a way to forcefully overheat that isnt flamethrower, like the PVP version of hotshot (Gives 25 heat on execution). Combining the 11 seconds of overheat with the 25 heat generation from hotshot would make it a lot easier to hit the 6GCD threshold for wildfire without making a more optimized way of getting 7GCD wildfires.

With this change of course it would mean turning the current hotshot in to a trait which would make more sense since there isn't really anything to manage anymore. It also means that flamethrower would need an adjustment to give it an actual use, like make it actually useful in AoE instead of only at the last overheat second. Maybe giving flamethrower the same treatment as hotshot and take the pvp version for it as well, which would depend on the time the target gets hit for.

If SE does implement this, then I hope that they revert hypercharge to 5% to make up for the damage gain.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Raul Prower
    World
    Exodus
    Main Class
    Dragoon Lv 71
    I logged in on forums just to make a new thread about MCH being way too crippled by latency because I'm just so miffed by it all by now, so I'm glad this thread was already here.

But yes, I'm playing at 180-200ms latency, and even budget openers are nigh impossible for me to pull off without ridiculous amounts of skill speed, and I really wish they did SOMETHING to make it playable for high ping players.

I suppose increasing the overheat duration would be one possible solution, or making Hot Shot just a way to increase heat without a damage buff (compensated by general potency increases or something). Gauss Barrel also should die in a fire and just turn into a Heat Gauge trait, which would work the same way as Gauss Barrel, but without having to re-attach it after every cool down period, that's just stupid busywork.

tl:dr, I -really- want to play MCH, but it's currently not a fun experience due to being so crippled by latency, and I desperately want to get that into the developers' attention.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Alijana Tumet
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Ninja Lv 90
    I think I like MCH's PvP design better in general.

Flamethrower actually dealing good damage and being able to overheat immediately at the touch of a button both are changes I hope get applied to the class for PvE.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Lace Valeria
    World
    Jenova
    Main Class
    Machinist Lv 80
    Being a pre-4.0 PvP MCH, I really dislike that Stun Gun - the only aoe stun in game - forces an Overheat. Sure, you generally use it when you're trying to burst down a target, so the OH damage increase helps, but if used defensively, I don't always want to Overheat. And it kills me to see MCHs use it as "the Overheat button".

Flamethrower's fine though, especially after the change to 5 sec double potency (adds up the same as before).
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Lystaria Luciano
    World
    Zodiark
    Main Class
    Dragoon Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by ThirdChild_ZKI View Post
    Being a pre-4.0 PvP MCH, I really dislike that Stun Gun - the only aoe stun in game - forces an Overheat. Sure, you generally use it when you're trying to burst down a target, so the OH damage increase helps, but if used defensively, I don't always want to Overheat. And it kills me to see MCHs use it as "the Overheat button".

Flamethrower's fine though, especially after the change to 5 sec double potency (adds up the same as before).
    I'm not talking about the stun gun part though, just the 25 heat from hotshot. I can understand that SE isnt removing hotshot because of its uses in the quests and it would require a lot of changing. But the instant 25 heat from it sounds way better then the latency depending flamethrower.

EDIT: Thinking about it, it would also make MCH a bit more friendly for prog as well since you're not forced to wait for barrel stabilizer but it will still cost 2 GCDs.
    (0)
    Last edited by LysLuc; 01-12-2018 at 07:08 AM.

Player
    Character
    Puppyleon Pupperlonez
    World
    Tonberry
    Main Class
    Machinist Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by zuzu-bq View Post
    They could make MCH work on GCD counts instead of time based stuff.
    This!

Adjust wildfire to something similar like rapid fire, gcd based.
    (0)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast