Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    Player
    Character
    Maku Haikasu
    World
    Mateus
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 70
    A pure "ranger" AKA muggle Archer (no mage) would be boring as hell. How many completely physical bow shots can you really think of that would keep the rotation interesting and dynamic? You can't really do a "Snipper" class that like targets appendages and stuff to enfeeble the mob because this games enfeebling system is well pretty much non-existent. Plus some mobs dont have the same appendages. I just can't see how a non-magic archer could have a full rotation with enough animations to be interesting in this game.

A magic archer (Arcane Archer) with like fire arrows and stuff like that would just be BRD all over again because BRD pretty much just casts magic. Since they don't continuously sing in the animation really that is all it boils down to.
    (3)
    可愛い悪魔

Player
    Character
    Jaeger Strauss
    World
    Goblin
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 63
    Quote Originally Posted by Neela View Post
    than he actually just hate the animations - brd support utility count to the best utility ingame... there is no common sense/way to disliking their effects oO

: o
    I've said it multiple times... I love the effects, and being a support class... I just hate the aesthetic amd theme of a bard especially when it steals the bow from me lol.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Toki Tsuchimi
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Meta-Flare View Post
    I've said it multiple times... I love the effects, and being a support class... I just hate the aesthetic amd theme of a bard especially when it steals the bow from me lol.
    I have to ask, how is Bard not a Ranger. I mean true the names are different, but quite honestly, Bard leaned more towards Ranger until the rework. It had Bard like qualities, but honestly the songs felt more like a tack-on. Now the job feels like a nice mix. If anything I'd say you should like the new Bard since while the songs play a better role in gameplay, you are focused on shooting arrows 99% of the time. Just think of the songs as buffs for your skills. Honestly, you could play without the songs, I don't suggest this, and the only skill you wouldn't have access to is Pitch Perfect.
    (1)
    I like helping people with their Job ideas, it's fun to help them visuallize and create the job they'd like to play most. Plus I make my own too, I'll post them eventually.

Player
    Character
    Arturia Crossroads
    World
    Faerie
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 80
    I kinda agree with all this from the other side. Before I understood how the class/job system worked I thought I leveled archer to become a whole different support class of bard. When I realized FFxiv bard was just a musical archer and not something more DnD like I droped it and moved on to scholar
    (1)

Character
    Tifa's Soulstone
    World
    Zodiark
    Main Class
    Dancer Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by StragoMagus View Post
    Good joke aside, this is a good idea for SE to look into if they have the time or have no plans on new jobs. Make classes usable again. They can add abilities and passives if they need to make it comparable to a job. Could also fix the ‘oh I forgot to equip the stone tehee’ mistakes and play properly.
    before hw dropped it wasn't unusual to met maxed out chars without soulstones - people were serious about it cause of all the cross-skill abilities they could use without a soulstone - f.e. summon Carbuncle before we got any infos about egi glam, or several dmg buffs + protect/stoneskin. Had funny times farming raid tokens this way, sadly people began to kick them instantly without even understanding what they were up to and the trend faded.... and finally died with the reworked role-skill system ^^
    (0)
    Last edited by Neela; 01-11-2018 at 06:51 PM.

Player
    Character
    Taisynn Arghal
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 61
    Honestly, I really love the idea of bard. They always said that music could be a powerful, inspiring force. The idea that through song a bard can inspire people to fight harder through inspiration makes me happy. As a music lover especially.

That being said, I wouldn’t mind another bow weilding class. Or a shortbow using class. Gosh, I’d love smaller bows. So many of them are as big as the whole body and it athestically bothers me.
    (0)
    Taisynn Arghal of Siren
    FC Leader of Cult of the Chocobo (18+), LGBT-Friendly Guild
    Quote Originally Posted by Kisagami View Post
    We’re all advocating for the type of game we want to see. Mine just happens to clash with yours. I like a story driven game, where people can come together as a community, and defeat challenges based on a PVE format. I want to work together. [snip] You’re not gonna like what I say, but I’m gonna say it regardless because I want Square Enix to hear the other side.

Character
    Tifa's Soulstone
    World
    Zodiark
    Main Class
    Dancer Lv 80
    Gosh, I’d love smaller bows. So many of them are as big as the whole body and it athestically bothers me.
    said the cute Lala and breathed out angrily ;3 (just kidding)
    (0)
    Last edited by Neela; 01-11-2018 at 07:30 PM.

Player
    Character
    Taiyo Shikasu
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 80
    A Sniper job would be pretty cool, but like looking at say FFTA as that's the only one that comes to mind as a sort of base, it's no different from Archer.

I suppose something like Hunter which offered damage output as well as being more focused on acquiring loot would be cool. A sort of hybrid between a Disciple of Land and War job.

Not opposed to the idea of another bow wielding job, just not much that can be done with it that isn't already been done.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Taisynn Arghal
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 61
    Quote Originally Posted by Neela View Post
    said the cute Lala and breathed out angrily ;3 (just kidding)
    LOL! I get it, but I was originally an Au Ra but at higher levels the bows got more and more ridiculously giant and I was like meh, change to lalafel. I’m small, cute, and our bows aren’t gigantic.
    (1)
    Taisynn Arghal of Siren
    FC Leader of Cult of the Chocobo (18+), LGBT-Friendly Guild
    We’re all advocating for the type of game we want to see. Mine just happens to clash with yours. I like a story driven game, where people can come together as a community, and defeat challenges based on a PVE format. I want to work together. [snip] You’re not gonna like what I say, but I’m gonna say it regardless because I want Square Enix to hear the other side.

Player
    Character
    Aliiza Duskryn
    World
    Jenova
    Main Class
    Weaver Lv 52
    This is the exact reason why XI was better off in terms of jobs/roles/weapons, you could choose almost any weapon for any job, BRD used daggers for their best type of weapon, used magic in order to buff or support people.

This is what a BRD should be. http://ffxiclopedia.wikia.com/wiki/Bard

It's sad that FFXIV changed everything that was good about XI while adding things that were good from other MMO's.
    (0)

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast