Player
    Character
    Estarossa Oceanborn
    World
    Omega
    Main Class
    Astrologian Lv 90

Samurai AOE Rotation

Hello :3 well i just recently became a lv70 samurai and i have been really wondering what to prioritize in AOE.

I will try to explain what i do basically: If i have Meikyo Shisui, i use it to have Shifu and Jinpu buffs, if not i use Gekko and Kasha combo first on an enemy to gain them. After that i start AOE combos and using Tenka Goken with Kaiten.

I have a bit confusion about optimizing AOE damage i do.

1. Should i prioritize Tenka Goken with Kaiten or instead of using Kaiten with Tenka Goken, should i use Kyuten more often?

2. Should i have my speed and attack buff while AOEing? Or should i have either of them or none? Because if i try to have both of them, the other dps Aoe's before i can and i feel like i am not playing optimally.

3. From which enemy number should i start AOEing? I usually go for 4 or more.

I am sorry if my English isn't so well and thank you for anyone who can help :3
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Antony Gabbiani
    World
    Faerie
    Main Class
    Monk Lv 90
    It will depend a little on enemy composition, but often I've found in dungeons that there's one enemy of the pack that tends to have more HP than the rest.

In those cases, I use the single-target Kasha and Gekko combos to keep up my damage and speed boosts then only use the two sens to cast Tenka Goken. If I have extra kenki, then I spend that on Kyuten. If, however, there is not that one enemy to apply a little more focus on, then you'll use your two AOE combos still with Tenka Goken.

I haven't done the math, but at a casual glance, you probably want to switch back to single target moves at 3 enemies remaining. Though someone can correct me if that's not correct.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Tizzy Tormentor
    World
    Omega
    Main Class
    Machinist Lv 90
    1. Always Kaiten with Tenka Goken, Kyuten is bottom priority, only use if you have excess Kenki to spare. The order is Guren->Kaiten/TenkaGoken->Kyuten.
    2. Its not a great idea to have either up, I think the damage buff is worth it at 4 enemies, if there are 5 or more, don't bother and just AoE. If the tank is big pulling and you can get the damage buff applied while pulling, do that, no need to refresh if it drops off.
    3. Generally using AoE on 3 enemies is a gain, 4 or more it is most definitely a gain. At 3 enemies you can also single target rotation and use Kaiten/TenkaGoken and Kyuten to maximise damage.
    Also, use Hagakure with 2 Sen over Kaiten/TenkaGoken if it is up.
    (2)
    Last edited by Tizzy_Tormentor; 01-10-2018 at 04:31 PM. Reason: typo

Player
    Character
    Estarossa Oceanborn
    World
    Omega
    Main Class
    Astrologian Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Tizzy_Tormentor View Post
    1. Always Kaiten with Tenka Goken, Kyuten is bottom priority, only use if you have excess Kenki to spare. The order is Guren->Kaiten/TenkaGoken->Kyuten.
    2. Its not a great idea to have either up, I think the damage buff is worth it at 4 enemies, if there are 5 or more, don't bother and just AoE. If the tank is big pulling and you can get the damage buff applied while pulling, do that, no need to refresh if it drops off.
    3. Generally using AoE on 3 enemies is a gain, 4 or more it is most definitely a gain. At 3 enemies you can also single target rotation and use Kaiten/TenkaGoken and Kyuten to maximise damage.
    Also, use Hagakure with 2 Sen over Kaiten/TenkaGoken if it is up.
    yeah i heard i should prioritize kaiten/tenka goten but i wasn't sure. Should i use hagakure for aoe if guren is available or should i use anyways for shinten too?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Tizzy Tormentor
    World
    Omega
    Main Class
    Machinist Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by PerrinTaveren View Post
    yeah i heard i should prioritize kaiten/tenka goten but i wasn't sure. Should i use hagakure for aoe if guren is available or should i use anyways for shinten too?
    If Guren is up, absolutely, you should be using Hagakure with 2 Sen when it is up anyway, Guren is top priority for AoE, if you are still burning down enemies and it comes back up, use it as soon as you possibly can.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Estarossa Oceanborn
    World
    Omega
    Main Class
    Astrologian Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Tizzy_Tormentor View Post
    If Guren is up, absolutely, you should be using Hagakure with 2 Sen when it is up anyway, Guren is top priority for AoE, if you are still burning down enemies and it comes back up, use it as soon as you possibly can.
    oki thank you so much
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Ziero Rehw-bidit
    World
    Malboro
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 90
    someone worked out the math and found out that if there's 9 or more enemies, it's better to use the kenki on kyuten instead of buffing up tenka goken.

so, if less than 9 enemies, use kaiten. if more, use kyuten instead.
    (1)

Character
    Apple Jinx
    World
    Ultros
    Main Class
    Dragoon Lv 80
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Jahaudant Rivea
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 60
    Every common AOE optimisation question I get has been answered here: https://goo.gl/s2SCi7

Should I use Jinpu or Shifu, and when?
    Should I use Yukikaze, and when?
    What’s better, Kyuten or Kaiten?
    What’s better, Hagakure or Tenka?
    (0)