Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Player
    Character
    Sylvestre Solscribe
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 90
    Oh I missed the part about making them cycle.
    Yeah that'd be pretty neat ^^
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Lina Kirell
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 80
    More Demi Primals please ! Time to be a FF summoner and not a zoo keeper with a liking to biohazardous substances (plus it would save the DOTs for a possible Time Mage)

More seriously, I love the idea of demi summons that stay for 20 secs and do powerful attacks to accompany the ruins, and would rather have rotating demi summons than egis.

But we can't have too many, cause we should have to cycle them, otherwise we'll end up using the most powerful/cool looking all the time kinda like egis. Maybe with a system of level 1 / 2 / 3 summon you know costing more or less gauge.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Remedi Maxwell
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    Goldsmith Lv 90
    Too many could be problematic idd
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Lorelei Larkin
    World
    Kujata
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 1
    Didn't they confirm before that they are adding more Egi glamours, with Sephirot being one of the first?
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Helel Ni-frith
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 90
    Yoshi re-affirmed a few days ago that more Egi glamours are on the way.

More Demi's would be great too though. I don't see why we can't have both Egi and multiple Demi's. However I fear multiple Demi's will just have the exact same issue as multiple Egi. Even with a summon cycle in play I'm not sure how much leeway there would be to have multiple unique Demi's and keep each one unique.

Since SMN is a DPS role each Demi's primary output would most likely be based on damage output (single target, AoE, ranged, melee) After which it becomes less clear how the Demi's could offer anything different from each other.
    Of course there's utility based abilities. However considering the utility in this game as a whole is rather basic, any utility based Demi would most likely only give 5% - 10% buffs/debuffs that only last 5 - 15 seconds tops.

I think a strong case for a healing Demi could be made though, since RDM has dual cast Vercure.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Ash Arkwright
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    Rogue Lv 90
    I'm not sure if Alexander would work as a new demi summon... something about its design makes me think it wouldn't be practical. And we can't stick to the idea a new demi summon has to be related to each 8-man raid series, because Omega breaks that thought process completely for a theoretical 6.0 new summon with its direction.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Sunako Kirishiki
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Ash_ View Post
    I'm not sure if Alexander would work as a new demi summon... .
    I think Alexander would fit more MCH than SMN lol.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Aurelius Lyon
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 90
    I think Demi summons should just be the 6 elemental Primals of ARR only + Bahamut. Assuming we'll have the first 3, I'm not exactly sure how to add the last 3 without it being problematic...aside from a glamour system for it.

With the current design, they can't truly be unique, so I think they should add more skills to them than just the auto-attack and Enkindle, with different effects. One can have an advantage to single-target damage, the 2nd for AoE and the 3rd for utility, all while not being too far from each other in all categories. There's better, clever ways somebody else can think of to make all of this practical and unqiue.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Taiyo Shikasu
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 80
    Referring to a previous thread on this topic, people were wanting the other ARR primals, Shiva, Leviathan, Ramuh as egis each with their own debuff or something, making them into a sort toolbox.

Six egis would probably be a lot, but it'd be more manageable than if there was an egi of every primal on top of who wants ten levels of "You have learned Summon IV, V, VI..." when the level cap is raised?

I had mentioned Phoenix as a demi-primal since there's already an egi model in game they could use (no idea what Phoenix-egi does, T11 runs don't last long enough), that rather than being a big beater like Demi-Bahamut, has lower damage than Demi-Bahamut, but and possibly tied to a trait and/or lengthy enough recast or something, could revive the summoner if they fall in battle like Final Attack+Phoenix in FFVII.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Remedi Maxwell
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    Goldsmith Lv 90
    Phoenix-egi simply charges in the direction of a player and then they charge back homing on a target

But it might more possible for SE to implement Phoenix before Alexander as a Demi-primal, that said I don't think the original ARR will be nothjing more than egis, I kinda think that higher primals should be considered as demi-summons.

Unless they want for summons to be galmour only which could be a possibility too if they implement it as a Role function (in the same extension that BRD can play songs).
    (0)
    Last edited by Remedi; 01-06-2018 at 11:51 PM.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast