Character
    Fox Briarthorn
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Culinarian Lv 90

4.2 Housing Update

Info from Here.
    Addtl info from Here [video] & Here [official translation] (Jan 19, 2018).
    Even more info from Here (Jan 26, 2018).

*Ref Whistle* Out of Bounds, back inside! - New! 01/29
    An issue wherein furnishings could be placed beyond housing walls and ceilings under certain circumstances.
    * Placing furnishings outside of an estate beyond a certain distance causes the furnishings to be placed back inside the estate.
    From full patch notes.

More Plots! - Updated! 01/19
    All four housing districts will receive 6 additional wards (Wards 13-18).
    That's 1,440 additional plots (144 Large, 336 Medium, 960 Small)

Ward Listing Updated

Teleport to Friends' Estates - Updated! 01/26
    When targeting a player or selecting their name in the Friends list, the option Estate Teleportation will now appear in the subcommand menu.
    Requires both players to be on each other's friends list, teleport settings enabled in estate's guest access and an aetheryte crystal must be on the estate.

Exterior/Interior Fixtures Retained on Removal - Updated! 01/30
    Any fixtures applied to the exterior or interior of an estate will become bound, while the fixture being replaced will be moved to your inventory.
    This does not apply to wallpaper added to blank partitions.
    Due to this change, construction permits are now bound.

The following will pop up when you go to remodel the interior/exterior for the first time after patch:
    Once removed, the fixture can no longer be put up for sale.
    The following may also result in loss of items:
    - The removal of said item by another player.
    - Leaving or being discharged from the free company
    - Unsharing an estate
    - The demolition of an estate

Thsi includes items purchased on the Mog Station or redeemed with a promotional code.

Estate interior furnishs can, at any time, be removed and returned to your inventory.
    Select "Confirm" to finalize all changes.
    Change to Plot Purchasing System - Updated! 01/30
    Official Page with details
    Plots designated to free companies will be limited to purchase by free companies with at least 4 members.
    Individuals will be restricted from purchasing personal plots for a limited time.
    Only one FC plot and one personal plot may be purchased per world per service account.
    You may not purchase a plot for an fc if you have any characters in an fc that has a house.
    Yoshida has stated these changes will not affect currently owned houses, just the purchase of plots moving forward.
    Relocation will not be affected by the above restrictions (both fc and personal plots can be relocated to any available open plot regardless of purchase restrictions).

Subaquatic Voyages
    Prepare for an all new round of gathering up a slew of expensive mats and begging 3 other crafters to sit in the workshop so you can piece together the ultimate mammet manned submarine. Warning: Mammets will likely have the same fascination with kelp as they did with twigs. Also, get ready to explain to your fc why Tim's one man fc's submarines keeps bringing back rare materials selling for 10m gil, but your submarines haven't brought back anything but kelp for 3 weeks straight. No word (that I could understand at least) on if these take the place of airships or are an addition/new station. Viva la RNG!

Auto-Demolition Resumes
    A per this announcement, auto-demolition will be turned back on. If the owner (not tenant) of a private house or any fc member of an fc house has entered the house (not the yard, but the house itself) at least once during the suspension period, the timer will be reset (45 days). For those that have not been reset, the timer will resume where it was before the suspension took place.

Plot Relinquish/Demolition Change - New! 01/19
    Plots will temporarily be unavailable for purchase after they have been demolished either manually or automatically, this time is random and will not be displayed.
    Once demolished the plot will be available for relocation immediately.

Bathtub Allowance Restrictions Removed - New! 01/26
    You can now put more than one of each tub in your estate! Begin construction of the bathhouses and mega-fountains!

New Vendor/Mendor NPCs & NPC Allowance Doubled - New! 01/26
    Hokonin, Anita and Allagan Node npc permits added.
    NPCs allowed per estate doubled!

New Paintings, Fish and Flowers - New! 01/26
    These paintings look beautiful and no sepia filter in sight! Now if I could just get up that dang tower so I can purchase them.

New Furniture ! ! ! - Updated! 01/26

(10)
    Last edited by Dustytome; 01-31-2018 at 03:46 PM.

Player
    Character
    Kyoji Rokos
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 70
    I wonder why they are waiting until the patch practically goes live before releasing the changes to the plot purchasing system. I'm sure I'm not the only one frustrated that they didn't go into more detail (that I know of) about buying plots other than there will be more wards added which we already knew for two months. I suppose they may not have all the new changes figured out yet so everyone can get a house "fair and square" as Yoshi P has stated.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Fox Briarthorn
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Culinarian Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyoji5 View Post
    I wonder why they are waiting until the patch practically goes live before releasing the changes to the plot purchasing system. I'm sure I'm not the only one frustrated that they didn't go into more detail (that I know of) about buying plots other than there will be more wards added which we already knew for two months. I suppose they may not have all the new changes figured out yet so everyone can get a house "fair and square" as Yoshi P has stated.
    They don't want anyone preparing ahead of time for whatever they're doing. I didn't expect any details until then, we'll just have to wait and see what they decided on.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Lele Inoch
    World
    Zodiark
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 80
    I'm very sceptical if we going to see a major difference from previous bandaid fixes but i guess we'll have to see when we read the patch notes.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Flashgordon Bahamut
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    Miner Lv 90
    I really wish that they would let alt's share houses with main characters. If this was the case i would relinquish the other large plot i have in a heart beat.

What makes this so difficult?
    (6)

Player
    Character
    Alinhbo Rhiki
    World
    Adamantoise
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 90
    I'm happy to see the changes to fixtures. I might finally be able to take down the bombard chandelier I put up for All Saints Wake.
    (4)

7. 12-16-2017 09:16 AM

Player
    Character
    Chaotic Cody
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Astrologian Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Flashgordon1975 View Post
    I really wish that they would let alt's share houses with main characters. If this was the case i would relinquish the other large plot i have in a heart beat.

What makes this so difficult?
    I really wish that players who already have a large house on one character wouldn't feel the need to own ANOTHER large house, taking away from a FC in need or someone who doesn't get to own a house at all. But no people have to be greedy and have 3 or 4 characters, each with their own mansion.
    (13)

Player
    Character
    Bamboo Panda
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Ninja Lv 76
    They must know players will log out in front of the housing boards anyway, so I imagine it is some sort of system where you log in and register for a chance to buy?

They won't tell you so you (allegedly) will not be able to build up more Alts to spam the lottery.
    (2)
    Big panda is an awesome bear!

Player
    Character
    Kittypryde Kujata
    World
    Ultros
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 78
    I wish players wouldn't bash others for having more than one house. This guy could been given a second house, or he busted his ass for it. Get one yourself, instead of being salty and hating on others. I camped out housing zones, during auto demolish for ten weeks, every day 6-10hrs a day to get my mist med. Then I bought 12 smalls for FC friends who didn't have a house. Then when I found a cottage I wanted, I bought it for my alt, who I play as much as my main. Am I greedy?
    (15)

Player

Quote Originally Posted by ChaoticCody View Post
    I really wish that players who already have a large house on one character wouldn't feel the need to own ANOTHER large house, taking away from a FC in need or someone who doesn't get to own a house at all. But no people have to be greedy and have 3 or 4 characters, each with their own mansion.
    It may not be fair, but if it is far from greedy. Though it honestly does not seem like they are going to be limiting players in anyway, or if they are they are going to be grandfathered in. Since I highly doubt they will mentioned while the server is down that people will be losing plots if they already own 1 personal and one FC plot on the server.
    (3)

Page 1 of 27 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast