Character
    Blade Haven
    World
    Mateus
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Nezerius View Post
    snip
    I'm pretty sure you're thinking too ridgedly about what I was saying and trying to fit it in with current mechanics. I was saying SE has the ability to change the parameters and systems in place to accommodate for the change in the materia slot system. Simply put, they can change their game's rules in order to put a new system or mechanic in place so there wouldn't be any worry about it "not fitting in with the current day system". They had to change all kinds of things for combat classes for their new gauges and whatnot to be implemented, so they can do the same for putting in a new quality bar for crafting. It doesn't need to be shoe-horn'd in without any changes.
    I was also stating the logic of standards is completely hypocritical because the standard wouldn't hardly change anyways since you can still penta-meld and sell equipment. All it's doing is making it easier for the person to finish the melds and feel more inclined for doing so without spending another fat chunk of gil to accomplish that. If players would demand that there be a higher standard of melds available, why aren't they demanding that the materia already be affixed? It's the same end result, but nobody wants to be the poor sucker who has to sit there spending absurd amounts of gil and hours on end trying to overmeld. Also due to how difficult I proposed it should be, very few people would actually require a crafter to accomplish such a feat. The end result would be the same thing we have now, the means to reaching that end result would simply be less painful for the customer and more fun for the crafter.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Rintha Elenah
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazzoey View Post
    I'm pretty sure you're thinking too ridgedly about what I was saying and trying to fit it in with current mechanics. I was saying SE has the ability to change the parameters and systems in place to accommodate for the change in the materia slot system. Simply put, they can change their game's rules in order to put a new system or mechanic in place so there wouldn't be any worry about it "not fitting in with the current day system". They had to change all kinds of things for combat classes for their new gauges and whatnot to be implemented, so they can do the same for putting in a new quality bar for crafting. It doesn't need to be shoe-horn'd in without any changes.
    From what I can tell of the materia change in 4.0, the grade VI materia is giving much more stats because they can't be overmelded past the first overmeld, so the 4th/5th overmeld has to be done with grade V or lower (which you get showered with by playing the game)

Quote Originally Posted by Kazzoey
    I was also stating the logic of standards is completely hypocritical because the standard wouldn't hardly change anyways since you can still penta-meld and sell equipment. All it's doing is making it easier for the person to finish the melds and feel more inclined for doing so without spending another fat chunk of gil to accomplish that.
    I'd hardly call overmeld DoW/M grade V materia to be "another fat chunk of gil", unless you also allow grade VI to be melded onto these extra guaranteed slots. In which case, having more materia slots would definitely become the new standard of crafted gear. There's nothing hypocritical about that, since I'm sure you can see how big a difference there is between a piece pentamelded with grade VI, and a piece pentamelded with 3x grade VI and 2x grade V.

If players would demand that there be a higher standard of melds available, why aren't they demanding that the materia already be affixed? It's the same end result, but nobody wants to be the poor sucker who has to sit there spending absurd amounts of gil and hours on end trying to overmeld.
    Because it's not part of the actual recipe. The crafting part doesn't involve melding materia, just the overmelding afterwards.

Also due to how difficult I proposed it should be, very few people would actually require a crafter to accomplish such a feat. The end result would be the same thing we have now, the means to reaching that end result would simply be less painful for the customer and more fun for the crafter.
    Most non-crafters don't really care about how difficult something is, they care about results. They want to get the most out of the materials they're giving to a crafter. Getting anything less than the most possible guaranteed materia slots would just make them feel like they lost out of something, just like something would feel miffed about getting a NQ version instead of a HQ version of a crafted piece.

All in all, I'd rather they spend their development time on revamping the materia system itself, to make it more interesting to start with, rather than developing a band-aid feature for crafted gear that makes it easier to deal with the current materia system.
    (1)
    Last edited by Nezerius; 09-12-2017 at 12:15 PM.

Player
    Character
    Mira Rara
    World
    Tonberry
    Main Class
    Carpenter Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Nezerius View Post
    Most non-crafters don't really care about how difficult something is, they care about results. They want to get the most out of the materials they're giving to a crafter. Getting anything less than the most possible guaranteed materia slots would just make them feel like they lost out of something, just like something would feel miffed about getting a NQ version instead of a HQ version of a crafted piece.
    Many crafter who don't participate in the selling of competitive product don't understand that it's really easy to kick other's out of business as long as you can craft something better. I agree that if it's possible to create more materia slot, all the current HQ product will simply went out of market because there are crafters that will undercut the existing HQ market with the extra materia slot equipment.

It also allow botters to earn more gil because they can easily compete with the honest player by mass crafting HQ material.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Ksenia Solo
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Weaver Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirarara View Post
    Many crafter who don't participate in the selling of competitive product don't understand that it's really easy to kick other's out of business as long as you can craft something better. I agree that if it's possible to create more materia slot, all the current HQ product will simply went out of market because there are crafters that will undercut the existing HQ market with the extra materia slot equipment.

It also allow botters to earn more gil because they can easily compete with the honest player by mass crafting HQ material.
    All you need to do is look at markets on any gear 50 and up. None of the HQ has signatures. It's quest reward. We have a sprout tank in FC and when he hit 50 I made him a complete 115 set. When he hit 51 I started looking at the 52 set for him and the entire left side can be bought for 90K. (I'm quite sure I could have done the same with the 50 set, I just didn't look in to it) The amount of holy water needed to make that side with sundry vendor prices is triple the cost of buying it. Again, none of those pieces have a signature. In the case of hallowed ramie, the cloth is on the market for 300 gil each, HQ? They take 30K each to make as well. Crushed by desynth.

This trend started with HW and continues.

Current markets are dominated by spiritbond activity. Even the Kugane leve turn in items are crashing. If you had a million Gil sitting around you could go from 60 to 70 and never have a tool equipped in any given craft and again, every item you turn in has no signature. You can buy thousands of NQ or HQ Molybdenum Ingots, Ore or Zelkova Lumber, Logs at 60K a stack because people are gathering and quick synthing them to SB gear. I've converted two sets of 70 crafting gear. I have 0 Materia VI to show for it but boat loads of parts that have no purpose. For every shortage they manufacture they create 2 gluts.

In reality this idea the OP mentions is just another glut that will evolve because people won't convert a penta melded set, even if the slots were open meld slots. So they won't need more than one. They will revert to HQ standard, even NQ if it's cheaper than NPC costs and trash meld it for faster spiritbonding. The idea is fine.

Final note, on Bots. I have 32 retainers. I can have up to 64. Bots in FF14 are an obsolete method of getting your account banned. There is no need to bot in this game.
    (0)
    Last edited by Ksenia; 09-13-2017 at 08:57 AM.

Player
    Character
    Mira Rara
    World
    Tonberry
    Main Class
    Carpenter Lv 70
    Do player even buy lv 70 equipment to spiritbond? It's too cheap to just craft/buy the mat for lv 70 equipment for spiritbonding. Personally I had converted over 20 sets of crafting gear for spiritbonding, and I won't even buy it from market because the price difference is too big (even though its cheaper than NPC).

I think the market for equipment has nothing to do with those who want to spiritbond (depending on server though, as far as I know market in JP server and NA server is completely different).
    (0)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3