Player
    Character
    Riiko Rinkoko
    World
    Omega
    Main Class
    Weaver Lv 70

Suggestions for Minions and Mounts: automatic Roulette/Search/Housing

Please add an option to have the summoned minion change automatically every (for example) 1 minute.
    We already have a minion roulette action that summons a random minion. My problem is that I like a lot of different minions and don't have space on my hotbars for all of my favorites. Maybe add an option to assign 25-50 favorite minions to cycle through.

Please add a search field in the minion (and mount) menu.
    I own many minions and have to scroll through 10 pages in the menu. Even though they are sorted in some way, I still cannot find the minion I am looking for most of the time.

Please add a function, (similar to retainers) to have minions and mounts roam in the garden or house.
    I'm sure this was requested many times before, but it's something I'm sure a large part of the player base really wants to see. It could be done the same way as with retainers or NPCs. You place them and the minions roam around that point like they do when summoned by a player.
    (6)

Player
    Character
    Arcadius Moog
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 80
    Why not?

Having so many minions and only show off the newest is boring right? Atleast most old ones get no attention at all - i would say have the minion roulette have an option to randomly summon any of the aquired ones.

The order of the Minions and Mounts do is interesting. Not alphabetic, not by date we got them, by date they were released - guess it has some reason behind but i can't see it as it is now making any sense. Let us reorder them or have a search function.

Having minions room around in house and garden sure would be a funny thing - seeing 200 chocobos kill the lochs map tho makes me wonder if it would just crash the whole house server if everyone has them out.

The whole in other words - short - i agree with Riiko! Let's give some more love to those small companions and mounts!
    (0)

Greetings,

We appreciate the feedback and have passed your thoughts along to the dev. team!

Quote Originally Posted by Riiko View Post
    Please add a search field in the minion (and mount) menu.
    I own many minions and have to scroll through 10 pages in the menu. Even though they are sorted in some way, I still cannot find the minion I am looking for most of the time.
    As you pointed out, if you have obtained many minions it can be difficult to find a specific minion when searching through your guide.

Currently, there isn't any internal system that would allow us to create a search feature within an icon type list such as the minion guide, so it would be difficult to implement this right away. However, we're checking to see if there's anything we can do in the future.

Thanks again for the feedback, and please feel free to continue to share your thoughts on quality of life updates for minions, mounts and housing features!
    (10)
    Chenin "Luxpheras" Matthews - Community Team

Player
    Pizzeria Mafia New York Style Fuhgeddaboudit
    Character
    Phafi Flailspike
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 80
    just type /minion "Fat Cat" or /minion "Wind-up Rikku" or something instead of looking for it.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Lufie Newleaf
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Monk Lv 90
    Just divide the minion guide into categories, like animals, mammets, etc so you can tab into a certain section and find what you want there faster.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Corpse Lily
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Gunbreaker Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Phafi View Post
    just type /minion "Fat Cat" or /minion "Wind-up Rikku" or something instead of looking for it.
    I didn't even know this was a thing, thanks for the tip, it'll save loads of time
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Cyrillo Rongway
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Phafi View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Zomkei View Post
    I didn't even know this was a thing, thanks for the tip, it'll save loads of time
    For many minions, you can make it even faster if you auto-translate the minion name.

Ex: /minion Namingway
    /minion nami(tab)(enter)

Ex: /minion "Fat Cat"
    /minion fat(tab)(enter)

Type out the full names for wind-up minions, though. There are eleven pages of autotranslate wind-up minion names.
    (1)
    Error 3102 Club, Order of the 52nd Hour