Character
    Mim Silmaril
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 90
    Lel @ "You pull, you tank it".

Wanna have Shirk/Shadewalker battle? xD

Anyway, playing tank myself often enough... lettingsomeone die just because you can is just bad tanking.
    Ye, the dps might be not in the right there. Still, bad tank with victim mentality.

I mean, really?
    "I will stop smart playing and instead of keeping the new adds together I'll let the dps die and then grab the adds from the healer who is sooooo glad to have to rezz someone (because, maybe, he wants to just get the enemies down at some point and doesnt care about ego battles?)."
    Hurr durr, i am good tank.

Also, even if you can't handle the pull then.. if you're not in a hurry why is a wipe because some1 overestimated the tanks/healers capabilities that bad? "It's just 5 minutes more."
    And If we wipe I can still blame him.

I rather tell a fantasy tale about that stupid rogue who I had to save from certain death than the tale of me putting my finger in the nose while letting some stupid person die.
    (5)
    Last edited by Neophyte; 07-17-2017 at 09:26 PM.

Character
    Zinnia Higana
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Samurai Lv 70
    Half the time, I have a hard enough time managing mob packs as it is. Especially in Bardam's Mettle onwards where they start hitting like trucks and I don't have the greatest gear. If you grab an additional enemy you will tank it alone and I'll be sure to not hit it with any aoe skills.

Like it's one thing if I have an all mage party. I'll pull whole rooms then; but two melees, especially 2 DRGs? Nah. You're getting packs daisy chained and you'll learn to like it!
    (5)

Player
    Character
    Nikolas Flamel
    World
    Diabolos
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 70
    I usually pull one group at a time because I like small pulls. When people want more, I ignore them. When they pull more on purpose, I let them sweat it out a little. They are more than able to kick me and wait for another tank, but I guess they figure the 2-3 extra minutes the dungeon may take is better than waiting another 20 minutes for another tank. Sometimes they get a little fussy and start insulting me, but I'm not 7 so insults from nameless and faceless people in a video game I will probably never encounter again don't bother me.
    (6)

Player
    Character
    R'lileen Min'enoth
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 80
    Players who want big pull seem to imagine we all play tank as main and then we necessary have the last highest gear. What if not? They forget this is not only a matter of keeping enimity but damages we and healer can handle.
    (5)

Player
    Character
    Loki Lux
    World
    Lamia
    Main Class
    Gunbreaker Lv 80
    Communication is amazing and more people should try it before being a jerk and pulling. Like when I ran with a friend last night who said, sure go ahead pull more, so i happily obliged. I trusted he knew what he was doing when he was healing me.

The issue is randoms feel like they don't need to communicate and communicate through pulling before I do.

That's when death happens. I don't care how many circles you run around me with the mob. You pull? You keep.
    (6)

"Within each of us, the potential for great power waits to be released."

Player
    Character
    Loki Lux
    World
    Lamia
    Main Class
    Gunbreaker Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Neophyte View Post
    Anyway, playing tank myself often enough... lettingsomeone die just because you can is just bad tanking.
    Because pulling is good dpsing/healing? Nah...If they want to kill the mob so bad, they can kill it. I used to care about people who did that and would still catch the aggro on that mob, then as I mained tanking, I stopped caring. Because so many people do it....You just lose a bit of your soul each time. Eventually....a person runs out of shits to give....
    (9)

Player
    Character
    Fynlar Eira
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 90
    If making a stand over people who think they're qualified to make pulls despite not being the tank makes me a bad tank, then sign me up, I guess.

Most people that aren't bucketheads seem to think I tank just fine for the most part, though.
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Lumielle Whisperwind
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Astrologian Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by silverlunarfox View Post
    That's when death happens. .
    So what if death happens? You learn most from trial and error.

Gosh y'all act like theres actually any consequences for wiping/dying.

Do you feel any rl pain if you die in the game? or is it cos a wipe makes the dungeon take longer when your baby pulls are the no. 1 thing that make em take longer than neccessary in the first place?

Remember when in some old school MMORPGs you lost like 2-4% of your exp progress every time you died? Cos I do, and those 2-4% took like 2 hours to farm. So THAT was painful.
    Nowadays? What consequences do I get from wiping? A weakness debuff that lasts what....90 seconds? Oh noes. /panic

Quote Originally Posted by Eldevern View Post
    Players who want big pull seem to imagine we all play tank as main and then we necessary have the last highest gear. What if not? They forget this is not only a matter of keeping enimity but damages we and healer can handle.
    I dont main tank, its the least played class by me and this game is the first game where I even ever touched one. Can we please stop pretending like its hard to remember a few common sense rules like turning bosses away from the rest of the party
    and trying to gather your pulls close enough so they get hit by AoEs? And then acting up on it and like, spam a couple flash/overpower/unleash to keep hate + pushing a few cooldown buttons?

Dungeons arent hard. no matter your role. Big pulls only do one thing: They make you use more of your resources, ultimately making you a better player. It does NOT matter if you wipe while you learn.
    (4)
    Last edited by Faliandra; 07-17-2017 at 10:33 PM.

Player
    Character
    Nevina Ashewalker
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Sakei View Post
    Yes, I'm not ever worried about speed I'm worried only on health. I see it drop very fast at times. I'm not going to call anyone out, I've dealt with very good tanks. However, could you maybe pull some smaller pulls, especially when it's my first time there. I realize you are confident in your ability. However, I may not be ready with all of the cd's your typical healers are throwing out. It's better safe than sorry as they say, and a slightly slower run might be more fun while many of us are gearing up.
    Actually i meant this as if i go on slow pace^^ but yeah, i understand what you mean, i'm a mentor after all and i take it seriously, soon as i see someone that is bonus to a dungeon i explain every boss and slow pull.

My favorite explanation is with Bardam's Mettle dungeon second boss, is just "Have you seen DBZ abridged? Yes? Then all you need to do is DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOODGE"
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Loki Lux
    World
    Lamia
    Main Class
    Gunbreaker Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Faliandra View Post
    snip
    I think you misunderstand. When I say then death happens, that person who decided to be a pompous jerk is dead. I scoop up the mob and me and the rest of the party, party on. It has nothing to do with trial and error when someone makes the choice to pull ahead of the tank.

There is a consequence for dying. It's called gee thanks for wasting more time than a small pull wouldve wasted since time is everything to the impatient people. So they pull more, which just ends up in more death, then they DC when they realize that the dungeon is going nowhere.... I had a DRK do that the other day. Couldn't be bothered to use cooldowns, repeatedly died due to no fault of our whm. then DC'd....cool....I guess....

So there are consequences, its just what you view as a consequence. For me mostly, its losing just a bit more of my soul, that I'm surprised there is anything left at this point.... -.-
    (4)

Page 6 of 20 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast