Character
    Aero Heartfilia
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 70

Common Courtesy

My fellow Warriors of Light,

First, let me take a moment to welcome you to our server. Mateus is a wonderful community.

Now, I would like to say something on behalf of the Mateans who are currently trying to survive in what I've taken to calling "The Great Refugee Movement 2017".

Before all of the new players came to the server, it was quiet. Sometimes too quiet. We -were- in dire need of all the new people. I welcome the change from the "skeleton" or "dead server" feelings we'd been getting before. And while some people don't appreciate that we've been unwillingly turned into the unofficial 2nd Roleplay server (I clearly didn't sign up for this), I'm happy to accept that people want to do their own thing, and I'm not one to tell them no. (Don't involve me unless I've shown particular interest,... but otherwise)
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Aero Heartfilia
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 70
    But I have TWO complaints. One is for the Square Enix crew themselves, and I'll be sure to take the time to voice it, and loudly, in their general direction. The other one is regarding all the new players we've received.

I know not ALL of you are guilty of it, but SOME are. And it's making EVERYONE look bad.

Mateus, as us Mateans know it, was ever so kind with hunts and world bosses. We'd call a hunt to several link shells and WAIT. Heck, old ARR S-Rank hunts often spanned a time gap of 15 to 20 minutes before it was pulled. Even the A-Ranks would be called and a decent time-span would be allowed for people to get there.

You'd often see "anyone otw?" or something else to that affect in shout chat, and if no one responded THEN they were pulled.

Since the Great Refugee Movement 2017, there's been no such courtesy shown.
    (5)

Player
    Character
    Aero Heartfilia
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 70
    So here's my plea. PLEASE! Every player who decides to move to the server, every cool cat who thinks we're the place to jam. PLEASE help remind people that we Mateans are kind, considerate and respectful. (MORESO Because of the instancing that's been thrust upon us in the new zones)

And we do realize that "That's not how we did it on my old server." And.. I get that. But this isn't your old server. It's your new server... and we have a standard for courtesy! So please, don't d*** it up.

(Also, I'm sorry if this rant triggered anyone, I know I'm probably going to get jabs and jeers, but I felt it needed to be said.)
    (5)

Player
    Character
    Suzuko Seki
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Dancer Lv 90
    Sadly on Balmung there were many cases of people pulling as soon as they see, having just no patience at all in general and having attitudes whenever someone pointed out the wrong doing..it was a very toxic environment to the point that I quit doing hunts. I hope it doesn't get to that extent there, if so..I apologize, it appears you may have got quite a bit of the jerks from Balmung. At least when it comes to hunts.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Aero Heartfilia
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 70
    As one person, there's not much that I can do but stand up on a box and shout. But if enough people inside the community hear the shouting and join in, then those "jerks" could end up finding themselves with no support when they pull.

All I ask for is another 5 Real Time minutes for those of us who have to change zones, or who haven't purchased the fastest mount speeds (since, ya know, those require seals we're struggling to get because of all the early pullers.... >.<)

And, Five minutes isn't unreasonable, I don't feel.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Kasey Clark
    World
    Mateus
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 80
    Mateus, up until a month or so ago, was far and away the best community on all of FFXVI. Smallest, sure but it was really great having space to be comfortable and knowing most of the people around you.

Since being announced as "Preferred" though, that has all but disappeared. Gone is the small town feel, gone is the housing and respectful attitude most of the server had. Gone is all semblance of courtesy. It has been replaced with sexually harassing Lalafels trying to turn tricks in Limsa Lominsa, to Balmung refugees buying up entire wards of housing with RMT loot, just to lord it over the heads of the players who decided to be better people and leave plots available for other rest of their server mates to own.
    Now, even in the words of the new players "Mateus is special......just like everywhere else." - and that is exactly right, we now have all of the same issues and negative things all of the other servers have and positively nothing to show for it.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Fiora Rose
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by AeroSong View Post
    You'd often see "anyone otw?" or something else to that affect in shout chat, and if no one responded THEN they were pulled.

Since the Great Refugee Movement 2017, there's been no such courtesy shown.
    Really? I've been plowing through MSQ content and have seen those shouts quite frequently.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Aero Heartfilia
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Istaro View Post
    Really? I've been plowing through MSQ content and have seen those shouts quite frequently.
    Yeah, people still shout it, but we used to WAIT til no one else was incoming before it was pulled.

Now people are getting to the hunt JUST as it dies, or even after it dies, because others are being impatient and rude.

And that is NOT the Matean way.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Lynne Asteria
    World
    Jenova
    Main Class
    Dragoon Lv 90
    We had PF up and shouted for A ranks, no one ever responded, no one joined, 15 mins later, when it finally died cuz there were only 5 of us, still no one had joined XD
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Aero Heartfilia
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 70
    But you waited though, yes? As they're called to proper hunting LSs and even Novice Network, people tend to come running.

But with a PF... it's one in a flood of 100+ on the primal data center, even in the wee hours of the morning, and it can be disheartening if you're hoping for a group to form for something other than a primal or "on bonus clear". >.< During the more peak hours.

I've seen a LOT less hunts called to my hunting LSs (since several people I've asked have seemed to give up on hunts entirely.)
    (0)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast