Bots should die, thx.
    (0)

Character
    Matthieu Desrosiers
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    Reaper Lv 90
    Well, here's hoping they're bold enough to kill off a handful of major characters throughout 4.0 without the cop out of bringing them back to life or simply faking their demise like with Nanamo.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Masekase Hurricane
    World
    Louisoix
    Main Class
    Astrologian Lv 90
    Yshtola: You have seen the trailers, right? It seem obvious. Plus we have known since 3.0 that her days are numbered.
    HW ending was anti-climatic, so SE made the trailer to pull people in with a cliffhanger.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Eeri Yul'hart
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Astrologian Lv 80
    Y'shtola can't die anytime soon since she's XIV's poster character in the FF franchise.
    I don't think anyone is going to die actually. You don't need a sudden death to make a good story, and I'd like my companions to stay alive. I like how we're going through XIV's story with our NPC friends like it's a classic FF party.

We've had enough deaths already, I think.
    (9)

Player
    Character
    Estellise Valesti
    World
    Adamantoise
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 70
    Yeah, I doubt Y'shtola would die. She's the FFXIV character in crossover/none canon games such as Theatrythm. And with Dissidia coming to the PS4, where she is a playable character, I doubt they would remove her from the game.

I'm still salty about Ysayle's death, so I'm a bit more pessimistic and wouldn't be surprised if they kill Y'shtola.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Alijana Tumet
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Ninja Lv 90
    I feel like we're probably going have a casualty on both warfronts.

I'm leaning towards Alisaie or Krile for Ala Mhigo, and Gosetsu or Hien for Doma.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Light Khah
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 90
    Well if Y`sthola is directly hit by that sword she should die and any other person would have probably die after taking such a hit and bleeding out of the mouth so I hope that even being a poster girl will not give her the ultimate plot armor. You killed fan favorites like Haurchefant and even interesting and developed characters like Ysayle..so dont go around and make certain characters free from that possibility..

Anyway any character that I might like a bit or even quite a lot have a big chance of dieing..at least that is my bad luck till now. T_T So I really hope that if they have to kill off someone, that it will be someone that I dont really care about. So other than the twins, Estinien and Tataru anyone else. And please give their death some meaning..no more deaths that are simply there for emotional value..do deaths that have an impact on the overall story and not just for pure drama sake.
    (0)
    Letter from the Producer LIVE Part IX Q&A Summary (10/30/2013)
    Q: Will there be any maintenance fees or other costs for housing, besides the cost of the land and house?
    A: In older MMOs, such as Ultima Online, there was a house maintenance fee you had to pay weekly, but in FFXIV: ARR we decided against this system. Similarly, these older MMOs also had a system where your house would break down if you didn’t log in after a while in order to have you continue your subscription, but this is a thing of the past and we won't have any system like that.

Player
    Character
    Estellise Valesti
    World
    Adamantoise
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 70
    Yeah, I'm still a bit upset that they killed off Ysayle because I really, really, REALLY liked her but I understand why they did. And I will say that it was a good way for her to go. She needed a redemption arc and that was the clinax, and she personally felt the cause was worth sacrificing herself. She was just so interesting and such a great character that was less than happy to see her go away.

If they do something similar in SB with a character I like at least I'll feel alright with them having a meaningful death.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Leyna Crosse
    World
    Goblin
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Evergrey View Post
    "Tataru: Basically the only one without any particular reason to die. So the least expected."

And for that reason it would be the most impactful is she died.
    Just imagine. She comes to greet us (or something) and when we see each others across the road she gets shot/stabed/crushed by an ambush or something, before our very eyes and we can't do anything to stop it.
    She had done nothing wrong. She was just at the wrong place at the wrong time.
    I honestly have expected this to happen so many times in the lead up to HW and beyond. We all love that lil cutie, so it would hit us all right in the feels if she died. It'd be like watching
    Haurchefaunt
    die all over again!

That said I'm so invested in Y'Shtola. She's been my favorite since ARR began! I'm steeling myself for her impending doom.
    (Also if Alisaie fell, I'd be choked up too) And as ill luck would have it, both show some seriously possible death scenes in the trailers.
    (0)
    Last edited by Vespar; 06-11-2017 at 11:24 PM.

Player
    Character
    Aiot O'lein
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Rogue Lv 80
    Given the love for SE to not spoiler things, I'm pretty sure the mortally wounded people in the trailer will be fine =-=a
    (1)

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast