Page 155 of 356 FirstFirst ... 55 105 145 153 154 155 156 157 165 205 255 ... LastLast
Results 1,541 to 1,550 of 3553
    Player
    Character
    Serra Seila
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 60
    I don't play white mage but everyone I know who does is quitting over these changes. And one of my friends decided not to return for stormblood because whitemage was destroyed. This is costing you money now get it together SE wtf are you thinking?
    (6)
    Last edited by Mezlabor; 06-04-2017 at 06:09 AM.

Player
    Character
    Daddy Curaga
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Astrologian Lv 90
    I know most of the long posts are 100 pages ago now, but I had to do math so you're going to take my post and you're gonna like it.

Issue #1: What it receives with changes is impractical
    I find that most people's issues with WHM changes are with its lack of utility, but something that really defines that class and which I feel it is losing is its identity--sure, WHM, the "pure healer" still has by far the most heals, but it is also by a wide margin no longer the most powerful healer, a point I will delve into later.

With what WHM received: the concept of the Lilies and Confessions are sort of, well, bizarre. Both these mechanics require amounts of healing which would likely lead to excessive, unnecessary healing in order to proc RNG benefits that either:
    • Permit additional healing at 0 MP cost through Plenary Indulgence when we already have 5 free heals: Benediction, Asylum, Assize, Tetragrammaton and proc'ed Cure II -- and we are receiving a 0 MP cost cooldown. Furthermore, leaving cooldown out of consideration, even if a player is willing to wait for full stacks of Confession on a target Assize is the only free heal in WHM's toolkit that does not heal more than Plenary Indulgence.
    • Permit AOE healing through Plenary Indulgence on targets when we already have 5 AOE heals: Medica, Medica II, Cure III, Asylum and Assize. Yes, Plenary would heal more than Assize, Medica and Cure III -- but only to targets who have 3 stacks of Confession. It is not a likely situation that all members in a party would have 3 stacks of Confession regardless of content.
    • Permit the lowering of cooldown durations of oGCD heals (other than Benediction) which may be the only benefit of actual use.

So To be more specific:

Secret of the Lily:
    A trait learned at 52 and upgraded at 68.

The Lily gauge has a 20% chance to fill as you cast Cure I or II, up to three Lilies. The Lilies themselves grant lowered cooldown duration of Assize, Asylum, Divine Benison and Tetragrammaton, the more Lilies, the more the duration is lowered, and it expends all Lilies.

The problem with this is that we're spamming Cure I or II in order to cast one of the spells listed. At 20% proc rate, this will happen 1 out of every 5 casts. If a WHM has casted Cure I or II 5 times, its target will more often than not no longer need healing. Even if the target or another party member did need healing the reward is not worth it;

A cooldown reduction on WHM oGCD heals does not negate the fact that it can still use Cure I and II and that it has Regen, the third strongest heal in game by potency, on the GCD and the most used heal by WHM by a wide margin.

Confessions, Plenary Indulgence:
    Works the same, but only available at level 70 when Plenary Indulgence is learned.

Casting Cure I or II once again gives a 20% chance to proc something, this time a stack of a buff on the target. The buff stacks 3 times as well. The buff has one sole purpose, to be dissipated through use of the oGCD heal Plenary Indulgence. Don't get me wrong, the 15s cooldowns on a 600 potency free heal is amazing. It's just not needed, especially when the previous mechanic used the same two spells to proc something at the same RNG rate. The spell itself is able to heal a massive potency over a period of time because of its cooldown, however as it is RNG, you may use this spell a lot in one fight while it is entirely possible to never proc it at all in another--20% chance to proc still means 80% chance not to.

Another truth of Confession is that as a mechanic introduced to us as WHM loses so many other skills, this mechanic could have been easily worked to do much more than proc a single spell.

Divine Benison:
    WHM loses Stoneskin and Stoneskin II--one of which is castable on any party member at any time--and it gains a stronger version (more useful) that is only castable on one player at a time as it dissipates all Lilies in effect which will have to be proc'ed again before it can be cast again. Oh, don't forget that Stoneskin was on the GCD and that Divine Benison has a 60s cooldown.

So, in short. You may cast Divine Benison on a player and proc another Lily immediately, but who's to say that the Lilies proc'ed won't be preferred on one of the other cooldowns it affects (Assize, Asylum, Tetragrammaton) while Divine Benison is on cooldown.

Lastly, Divine Benison is oddly placed as well. It seems like it was intended to be a tank buster mitigation type spell where WHM, the reactive healer, already has Benediction, Tetragrammaton, Largesse+Anything and now Plenary Indulgence.

Issue #2: What it loses with (cross role) changes is detrimental, not helpful
    The above combined with the loss of so much from the job -- 2 skills (Stoneskin and Stoneskin II), 5 to cross role (Protect, Esuna, Shroud of Saints, Divine Seal, Cleric Stance) which now compete for old cross class abilities now in cross role (Swiftcast, Surecast, Eye for an Eye) is a detriment to the WHM. No other class loses as much to cross role as WHM. Sadly, not a single skill slot is being replaced with a new skill.

To reiterate a point I made in another post, WHM is also losing its MP management faculty nearly completely. Yes, it will have cross role Lucid Dreaming (Shroud of Saints) like the other healers, but its own job-specific MP restoration cooldowns are at a much higher level than the other two--and both after the completion of ARR--Assize at level 56 and Thin Air at level 62. In the meantime, SCH gets Aetherflow at level 6 and Energy Drain at level 8 and AST gets Draw (Ewer) at level 30. This means that one cross role spot is no less than a requirement for WHM--who has had MP issues the entire span of the game thus far--until it learns Assize at 56. This multiplies exponentially WHM's losses to the cross role system.

Take this also into consideration with this point. Think of new players or players otherwise inexperienced with WHM and how healing up as far as "The Aery" will be, especially when someone derps and forgets, neglects or isn't educated enough to cross role Lucid Dreaming.

Issue #3: Its identity with changes will probably change (and in the opposite direction of what SE intended)
    As for the WHM identity. The identity may change with 4.0 dramatically, but I'm sure, its not because SE envisioned: with Thin Air and Presence of Mind, it is no doubt that Holy spams will return WHM to the AOE powerhouse of ALL the classes, and Stone spams under the same buff will put the WHM in the personal DPS lead for the healers. This means that WHM has taken SCH's DPS-healer identity away (especially considering SCH's DPS nerfs) and that AST has taken WHM's power-healer identity away. (With the nerf to its DPS and with being left behind in healing by the other two healers, SCH may have come out worst of all in all this, but thats a story for a different thread.) However, while WHM has great personal DPS, it may still be the the healer left behind in the end game community as it contributes the least to raid DPS: SCH has Chain Stratagem and AST has Balance.

The one ability that should have been clearly gamebreakingly powerful between the healers was Earthly Star. Earthly Star is an AOE heal/attack alike Assize though it does not restore MP. However, the rub of the ability is its 900 potency AOE heal it has using a 30y radius and on a low 60s (70s) cooldown. So not only is this spell the most powerful AOE non-regen by a longshot, it is also the second most powerful non-regen spell of all.

To research this, I mathed out and compared the healing potencies of the three healers' spells/abilities as well as the potential net healing potencies on a single target for 1 minute. This brings me to:

Issue #4: How its healing strength has actually diminished
    Labeled as the "pure healer," once upon a time the WHM was the most powerful of the healers at the cost of utility. There is still a belief that the WHM's identity and lore is that its healing potential would be the most powerful. This however is not true. The WHM may have the most heals, but it is not the most powerful healer.

Of all the healers' spells in the game, only four spells are stronger than Earthly Star mentioned before. Of those spells, two are the AST's own Essential Dignity (1000 potency) and Aspected Benefic (1040 potency). The other two are WHM Benediction which can't be compared properly (percentage heal is not directly comparable to a potency heal) and WHM Regen (1050 potency).

Healing potencies:
    • Benediction, 100% maximum
    • 1st place - Regen, 1050 potency
    • 2nd - Aspected Benefic (Diurnal), 1040 potency as of 4.0
    • 3rd - Essential Dignity, 1000 potency high limit
    • 4th - Earthly Star, 900 potency Giant Dominance limit
    • 5th - Asylum and all of its ticks, 800 potency
    ==============
    • 6th - Collective Unconscious and all its ticks, 750 potency.
    • 6th - Balanced or Boled Lady of Crowns, 750 potency
    • 8th - Medica II and all its ticks, 700 potency
    • 8th - Cure II, 700 potency as of 4.0
    • 8th - Tetragrammaton, 700 potency
    • 8th - Whispering Dawn and all its ticks, 700 potency
    ==============
    • Benefic II, 650 potency
    • Plenary Indulgence, 600 potency with full stacks
    • Lustrate, 600 potency
    • Adloquium and it's barrier, 600 potency
    • ET Adloquium, 600 potency
    • Aspected Helios and all its ticks, 600 potency
    • Cure III, 550 potency
    • Lady of Crowns, 500 potency
    • Cure, 450 potency as of 4.0
    • Physick, 400 potency
    • Indomitability, 400 potency
    • Benefic, 400 potency
    • Medica, 300 potency
    • Assize, 300 potency
    • Succor and it's barrier, 300 potency
    • Embrace, 300 potency
    • Helios, 300 potency

So, barring Benediction, the top 5 strongest heals by potency before adding any healing benefits, AST has #2, #3 and #4 and WHM has #1 and #5.

Of the top 10, AST has #2, #3, #4, #6 and #7. Poor SCH's first heal only makes the list with its tie for #8-#11th place and the heal actually belongs to its pet and not the player character. (#LOLSCH)

Before we go any further, don't forget that these potencies for AST are given for the value BEFORE the AST even enters a Sect. Sects now give 15% bonus healing potency to all healing spells and abilities, and it is to be recognized that very rarely would any AST heal when not in either Sect. The more realistic and practical comparison of potencies is this:

Healing potencies:
    • Benediction, 100% maximum
    • 1st - Aspected Benefic (Diurnal), 1196 potency
    • 2nd - Essential Dignity, 1150 potency high limit
    • 3rd - Regen, 1050 potency
    • 4th - Earthly Star, 1035 potency Giant Dominance limit
    • 5th - Collective Unconscious and all its ticks, 862.5 potency
    • 5th - Balanced or Boled Lady of Crowns, 862.5 potency
    ==============
    • 6th - Asylum and all of its ticks, 800 potency
    • 7th - Benefic II, 747.5 potency
    • 8th - Medica II and all its ticks, 700 potency
    • 8th - Cure II, 700 potency as of 4.0
    • 8th - Tetragrammaton, 700 potency
    • 8th - Whispering Dawn and all its ticks, 700 potency
    • 9th - Aspected Helios and all its ticks, 690 potency
    • 10th - Plenary Indulgence, 600 potency with full stacks
    • 10th - Lustrate, 600 potency
    • 10th - Adloquium and it's barrier, 600 potency
    • 10th - ET Adloquium, 600 potency
    ==============
    • Lady of Crowns, 575 potency
    • Cure III, 550 potency
    • Benefic, 460 potency
    • Cure, 450 potency as of 4.0
    • Physick, 400 potency
    • Indomitability, 400 potency
    • Helios, 345 potency
    • Medica, 300 potency
    • Assize, 300 potency
    • Succor and it's barrier, 300 potency
    • Embrace, 300 potency

Yes. You read right. AST's spells take 4 of the 5 strongest spells by potency, having two spells tie for 5th place, (so essentially you can read that as all top 5 healing potencies in game belong to AST with a single WHM spell tying in the top 5.)

Now add in Largesse to the mix, which each healer may now use and the issue with still calling WHM the "pure" or "strongest" healer becomes further self-evident.

The one thing that WHM has going for it is something it didn't need more of: it has many more instant/free heals than the other two, and is getting another.

Now to compare the total healing potencies over 1 minute:
    (16)
    Last edited by BlueMageQuina; 06-05-2017 at 12:55 AM.

Player
    Character
    Daddy Curaga
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Astrologian Lv 90
    Issue #5: Mathematically, AST's potential outheals both other healers... by far
    Now, I realize that doing a comparison over 5m, 10m or more would better serve the purpose of my point here--or may even prove me wrong---I just did not have the patience to go on after one minute. So here we are.
    • Note: These assessments do not account for MP cost, critical hits or shields. HoTs are used here as opposed to shield effects, as their potencies are more directly comparable. (Ex: is AST's shield could either be calculated as 300% of the HP restored by the heal or as 300% of the heal's potency, which may differ.)
    • Note:The cast times, GCDs and oGCDs are accounted for at their base level for each spell (2s, 3s cast, 2.5s GCD, etc) while cast time between instantly cast spells is accounted for at 0.5s intervals across the board.
    • Note: Regarding Plenary: Yes, I know how percentages work. My math is based on an exact 20% chance to proc as that is what's written in the tooltip. It could proc more, it could proc less. Thats the difficulty with RNG.

WHM -- without cooldowns that increase healing potency, spell speed or HoT duration
    0 Casting started
    3 Medica II - ticks until 33
    3.5 Regen - ticks until 24.5
    4 Asylum - ticks until 28 - CD until 94
    4.5 Assize - CD until 64.5
    5 Tetragrammaton - CD until 65
    5.5 Start Casting
    7.5 Cure II - (20% Confession proc)
    10 Start Casting
    12 Cure II - (40% Confession proc)
    14.5 Start Casting
    16.5 Cure II - (60% Confession proc)
    19 Starting Casting
    21 Cure II - (80% Confession proc)
    23 Start Casting
    24 Cure II - (100% Confession proc) - Confession procced until 54
    24.5 **Plenary Indulgence - CD until 39.5 - Confessions dissipated
    25 Regen - ticks until 46
    26.5 Start Casting
    28.5 Cure II - (20% Confession proc)
    31 Start Casting
    34 Medica II - ticks until 64
    36.5 Start Casting
    38.5 Cure II - (40% Confession proc)
    41 Start Casting
    43 Cure II - (60% Confession proc)
    45.5 Start Casting
    47.5 Cure II - (80% Confession proc)
    48 Regen - ticks until 69
    50 Start Casting
    52 Cure II - (100% Confession proc) Confession procced until 82
    52.5 **Plenary Indulgence - CD until 77.5 - Confessions dissipated
    54.5 Start casting
    56 Cure II - (20% Confession proc)
    58.5 Start casting
    60 Casting interrupted

Full potency heals:
    Cure II (700 potency) x (11 casts) = 7700
    Medica II (700 potency) x (1 cast) = 700
    Regen (1050 potency) x (2 casts) = 2100
    Asylum (800 potency) x (1 cast) = 800
    Assize (300 potency) x (1 cast) = 300
    Tetra (700 potency) x (1 cast) = 700
    Plenary used when only last proc is used (500 potency) x (1 cast) = 500
    Plenary used at each proc (400 potency) x (2 casts) = 800

Partial potency heals (did not tick fully before 60s):
    Medica II = 600 potency
    • (60s time limit - 34s tick start) = 26s of regen ticks
    • Reduce 26s to the highest multiple of 3 (as Regens tick every 3s) > 24s of regen ticks
    • (24s of regen ticks) / (3s between each tick) = 8 regen ticks
    • (8 regens ticks) x (50 potency) = 400 potency worth of regen
    • (400 potency worth of regen) + (200 potency initial heal) = 600 potency

Regen = 600 potency
    • (60s time limit - 48s tick start) = 12s of regen ticks
    • 12 is already a miltiple of 3
    • (12s of regen ticks) / (3s between each tick) = 4 regen ticks
    • (4 regens ticks) x (150 potency) = 600 potency worth of regen

(Sum if Confession never procs)
    7700 + 700 + 2100 + 800 + 300 + 700 + 0 + 600 + 600 = 13500
    (Sum using Plenary twice at 1 stack of Confession each)
    7700 + 700 + 2100 + 800 + 300 + 700 + 800 + 600 + 600 = 14300

WHM --- using cooldowns that increase healing potency, spell speed or HoT duration
    0 Swiftcast - CD until 60
    0.5 Largesse - CD until 90.5
    1 Medica II - ticks until 31
    1.5 Regen - ticks until 22.5
    2 Presence of Mind - CD until 152
    2.5 Start Casting
    4.1 Cure II - (20% Confession proc)
    4.6 Asylum - CD until 94.6
    5.1 Assize - CD until 65.1
    5.6 Tetragrammaton - CD until 65.6
    6.1 Start Casting
    7.7 Cure II - (40% Confession proc)
    9.7 Start Casting
    11.3 Cure II - (60% Confession proc)
    13.3 Starting Casting
    14.9 Cure II - (80% Confession proc)
    17.9 Start Casting
    19.5 Cure II - (100% Confession proc) - Confession procced until 49.5
    20 **Plenary Indulgence - CD until 35 - Confessions dissipated
    20 Presence of Mind buff ends
    20.5 Largesse buff ends
    20.5 Start Casting
    22.5 Cure II - (20% Confession proc)
    23 Regen - ticks until 44
    25 Start Casting
    27 Cure II - (40% Confession proc)
    29.5 Start Casting
    32 Medica II - ticks until 62
    34.5 Start Casting
    36.5 Cure II - (60% Confession proc)
    39 Start Casting
    41 Cure II - (80% Confession proc)
    44 Regen - ticks until 65
    44.5 Start Casting
    46.5 Cure II - (100% Confession proc) Confession procced until 76.5
    47 **Plenary Indulgence - CD until 62 - Confessions dissipated
    49 Start Casting
    51 Cure II
    53.5 Start Casting
    55.5 Cure II
    58 Start Casting
    60 Cure II
    60 Casting interrupted

Full Potency heals:
    Largesse Medica II (700 potency) x (1.2 for Largesse potency increase) x (1 cast) = 840
    Largesse Regen (1050 potency) x (1.2 for Largesse potency increase) x (1 cast) = 1260
    Largesse Cure II (700 potency) x (1.2 for Largesse potency increase) x (5 casts) = 4200
    Largesse Asylum (800 potency) x (1.2 for Largesse potency increase) x (1 cast) = 960
    Largesse Assize (300 potency) x (1.2 for Largesse potency increase) x (1 cast) = 360
    Largesse Tetragrammaton (700 potency) x (1.2 for Largesse potency increase) x (1 cast) = 840
    Largesse Plenary (400 potency) x (1.2 for Largesse potency increase) x (1 cast) = 480
    Cure II (700 potency) x (8 casts) = 5600
    Regen (1050 potency) x (1 cast) = 1050
    Plenary (400 potency) x (1 cast) = 400

Medica II = 650 potency
    • (60s time limit - 32s tick start) = 28s of regen ticks
    • Reduce 28s to the highest multiple of 3 (as Regens tick every 3s) > 27s of regen ticks
    • (27s of regen ticks) / (3s between each tick) = 9 regen ticks
    • (9 regens ticks) x (50 potency) = 450 potency worth of regen
    • (450 potency worth of regen) + (200 potency initial heal) = 650 potency

Regen = 750 potency
    • (60s time limit - 44s tick start) = 16s of regen ticks
    • Reduce 16s to the highest multiple of 3 (as Regens tick every 3s) > 15s of regen ticks
    • (15s of regen ticks) / (3s between each tick) = 5 regen ticks
    • (5 regens ticks) x (150 potency) = 750 potency worth of regen

(Sum if Confession never procs)
    840 + 1260 + 4200 + 960 + 360 + 840 + 0 + 5600 + 1050 + 0 + 450 + 750 = 16310
    (Sum using Plenary twice at 1 stack of Confession each)
    840 + 1260 + 4200 + 960 + 360 + 840 + 480 + 5600 + 1050 + 400 + 450 + 750 = 17190

SCH -- without cooldowns that increase healing potency, spell speed or HoT duration and beginning with a full stack of Aetherflow

SCH's heals
    0 Lustrate
    1 Lustrate
    2 Lustrate - Aetherflow Stacks Gone
    2.5 Aetherflow - CD until 62.5 - Aetherflow stacks replenished
    3 Lustrate
    4 Lustrate
    5 Lustrate
    5.5 Emergency Tactics - CD until 35.5
    6 Casting started
    8 Adloquium
    8.5 **Excogitation - CD until 68.5
    10.5 Casting started
    12.5 Physick
    15 Casting started
    17 Physick
    19.5 Casting started
    21.5 Physick
    24 Casting started
    26 Physick
    28.5 Casting started
    30.5 Physick
    33 Casting started
    35 Physick
    35.5 Emergency Tactics - CD until 65.5
    37.5 Casting started
    39.5 Adloquium
    43 Casting started
    45 Physick
    47.5 Casting started
    49.5 Physick
    53 Casting started
    55 Physick
    57.5 Casting started
    59.5 Physick
    60 Casting interrupted

Lustrate (600 potency) x (6 casts) = 3600
    Physick (400 potency) x (10 casts) = 4000
    ET Adloquium (300 potency) x (2 cast) x (2 hits per cast) = 1200
    Excogitation (650 potency) x (1 cast) = 650 (0 potency if Excogitation doesn't take effect.)

(Sum if Excogitation does not take effect)
    3600 + 4000 + 1200 + 0 = 8800
    (Sum if Excogitation takes effect)
    3600 + 4000 + 1200 + 650 = 9450

SELENE's heals
    0 Casting started
    2 Embrace
    5 Casting started
    7 Embrace
    10 Casting started
    12 Embrace
    15 Casting started
    17 Embrace
    20 Casting started
    22 Embrace
    25 Casting started
    27 Embrace
    30 Casting started
    32 Embrace
    35 Casting started
    37 Embrace
    40 Casting started
    42 Embrace
    45 Casting started
    47 Embrace
    50 Casting started
    52 Embrace
    55 Casting started
    57 Embrace
    60 Casting interrupted

Embrace (300 potency) x (12 casts) = 3600

(Sum if Excogitation does not take effect, with Selene)
    (SCH) 8800 + (SELENE) 3600 = 12400
    (Sum if Excogitation take effect, with Selene)
    (SCH) 9450 + (SELENE) 3600 = 13050

EOS' heals
    0 Casting started
    2 Whispering Dawn - Regen until 23 - CD until 62
    2.5 Casting started
    5.5 Embrace
    7.5 Casting started
    10.5 Embrace
    12.5 Casting started
    15.5 Embrace
    17.5 Casting started
    20.5 Embrace
    22.5 Casting started
    25.5 Embrace
    27.5 Casting started
    30.5 Embrace
    32.5 Casting started
    35.5 Embrace
    37.5 Casting started
    40.5 Embrace
    42.5 Casting started
    45.5 Embrace
    47.5 Casting started
    50.5 Embrace
    52.5 Casting started
    55.5 Embrace
    57.5 Casting started
    60 Casting interrupted

Embrace (300 potency) x (11 casts) = 3300
    Whispering Dawn (700 potency) x (1 cast) = 700
    3300 + 700 = 4000

(Sum if Excogitation does not take effect, with Eos)
    8800 + 4000 = 12800
    (Sum if Excogitation takes effect, with Eos)
    9450 + 4000 = 13450

SCH+EOS+SELENE --- using cooldowns that increase healing potency, spell speed or HoT duration and beginning with full Aetherflow stacks
    0 Largesse - CD until 90
    0 Fey Illumination - CD until 120
    0.5 Start Casting (Eos)
    0.5 Lustrate
    1.5 Lustrate
    2.5 Lustrate - Aetherflow stacks gone
    2.5 Whispering Dawn - ticks until 23.5 - CD until 62.5
    3 Dissipation - CD until 180 - Aetherflow stacks replenished - Eos leaves the party
    3.5 Excogitation - CD until 63.5
    4 Lustrate
    5 Lustrate
    6 Lustrate - Aetherflow stacks gone
    6.5 Aetherflow - CD until 66.5 - Aetherflow stacks replenished
    7 Lustrate
    8 Lustrate
    9 Lustrate - Aetherflow stacks gone
    9.5 Emergency Tactics - CD until 39.5
    10 Start Casting
    12 Adloquium
    14.5 Start Casting
    16.5 Physick
    19 Start Casting
    20 Largesse buff ends
    20 Fey Illumination buff ends
    21 Physick **Receives Largesse/Fey Illumination as it began casting before buffs ended**
    23.5 Start Casting
    25.5 Physick
    28 Start Casting
    31 Physick
    31.5 Swiftcast - CD until 91.5
    33 Dissipation buff ends
    33.5 Summon - Selene joins the party
    34.5 Fey Wind - CD until 94.5
    34.5 Rouse - CD until 94.5
    35 Start Casting (Selene)
    36 Start Casting (SCH)
    36.94 Embrace
    37.94 Physick
    39.5 Emergency Tactics - CD until 69.5
    39.85 Start Casting (Selene)
    40.365 Start Casting (SCH)
    41.79 Embrace
    42.305 Adloquium
    44.7 Start Casting (Selene)
    44.73 Start Casting (SCH)
    46.64 Embrace
    46.67 Physick
    49.095 Start Casting (SCH)
    49.55 Start Casting (Selene)
    51.035 Physick
    51.49 Embrace
    53.46 Start Casting (SCH)
    54.4 Start Casting (Selene)
    54.5 Rouse buff ends
    55.4 Physick
    56.34 Embrace **Receives Rouse buff as it started Casting before buff ended**
    57.825 Start Casting (SCH)
    59.25 Start Casting (Selene)
    59.765 Physick
    60 Casting interrupted

L/FI Lustrate (600 potency) x (1.4 for L/FI buffs) x (3 casts) = 2520
    FI Whispering Dawn (700 potency) x (1.2 for FI buff) x (1 cast) = 840
    L/FI/D Lustrate (600 potency) x (1.6 for L/FI/D buffs) x (6 casts) = 5760
    L/FI/D Excog (650 potency) x (1.6 for L/FI/D buffs) x (1 cast) = 1040
    L/FI/D/ET Adlo (300 potency) x (1.6 for L/FI/D buffs) x (1 cast) x (2 hits per cast) = 960
    L/FI/D Physick (400 potency) x (1.6 for L/FI/D buffs) x (2 casts) = 1280
    Dissipation Physick (400 potency) x (1.2 for Dissipation buff) x (2 casts) = 960
    Physick (400 potency) x (5 casts) = 2000
    ET Adloquium (300 potency) x (1 cast) x (2 hits per cast) = 600
    Rouse Embrace - (300 potency) x (1.4 for Rouse potency buff) x (5 casts) = 2100

2520 + 840 + 5760 + 1040 + 960 + 1280 + 960 + 2000 + 600 + 2100 = 17160

AST (DIURNAL SECT) -- without cooldowns that increase healing potency, spell speed or HoT duration
    0 Casting started
    3 Aspected Helios - ticks until 33
    3.5 Aspected Benefic - ticks until 21.5
    4 Essential Dignity - CD until 44
    4.5 Earthly Star started - ready at 14.5 - CD until 64.5
    5 Draw - Any card is drawn
    5.5 Minor Arcana - CD until 10.5 - Lady of Crowns Draw. - Draw CD until 35.5
    6 Lady of Crowns
    6.5 Casting started
    8.5 Benefic II
    11.5 Casting started
    13.5 Benefic II
    14.5 Giant Dominance
    16 Casting started
    18 Benefic II
    20.5 Casting started
    23.5 Benefic II
    24 Aspected Benefic - ticks until 42
    26 Casting started
    27.5 Benefic II
    30 Casting started
    32 Benefic II
    34.5 Casting started
    36.5 Aspected Helios - ticks until 66.5
    37 Draw - a card is drawn
    37.5 Minor Arcana - CD until 41.5 - Lady of Crowns drawn - Draw CD until 67.5
    38 Lady of Crowns
    39 Casting started
    41 Benefic II
    42.5 Aspected Benefic - ticks until 60.5
    43.5 Casting started
    45.5 Benefic II
    46 Essential Dignity - CD until 86
    48 Casting started
    51 Benefic II
    53.5 Casting started
    55.5 Benefic II
    58 Casting started
    60 Benefic II
    60 Casting interrupted

Full potency heals:
    Benefic II (650 potency) x (1.15 for Sect potency bonus) x (11 casts) = 8222.5
    Lady of Crowns (500 potency) x (1.15 for Sect potency bonus) x (2 casts) = 1150
    Aspected Helios (600 potency) x (1.15 for Sect potency bonus) x (1 cast) = 690
    Aspected Benefic (1040 potency) x (1.15 for Sect potency bonus) x (2 casts) = 2392
    Earthly Star (900 potency) x (1.15 for Sect potency bonus) x (1 cast) = 1035
    Essential Dignity
    • low potency (400 potency) x (1.15 for Sect potency bonus) x (2 casts) = 920 OR
    • high potency (1000 potency) x (1.15 for Sect potency bonus) x (2 casts) = 2300

Partial potency heals (did not tick fully before 60s)
    Aspected Helios = 552 potency
    • (60s time limit - 36.5s tick start) = 23.5s of regen ticks
    • Reduce 23.5s to the highest multiple of 3 (as Regens tick every 3s) > 21s of regen ticks
    • (21s of regen ticks) / (3s between each tick) = 7 regen ticks
    • (7 regens ticks) x [(40 potency) x (1.15 for Sect potency bonus)] = 322 potency worth of regen
    • (322 potency worth of regen) + [(200 potency initial heal) x (1.15 for Sect potency bonus)] = 552 potency

Aspected Benefic = 1035 potency
    • (60s time limit - 42.5s tick start) = 17.5s of regen ticks
    • Reduce 17.5s to the highest multiple of 3 (as Regens tick every 3s) > 15s of regen ticks
    • (15s of regen ticks) / (3s between each tick) = 5 regen ticks
    • (5 regens ticks) x [(140 potency) x (1.15 for Sect potency bonus)] = 805 potency worth of regen
    • (805 potency worth of regen) + [(200 potency initial heal) x (1.15 for Sect potency bonus)] = 1035 potency

(Sum using Essential Dignity lower values and Lady of Crowns never drawn )
    8222.5 + 0 + 690 + 2392 + 1035 + 920 + 552 + 1035 = 14846.5
    (Sum using Essential Dignity higher values and Lady of Crowns Drawn twice)
    8222.5 + 1150 + 690 + 2392 + 1035 + 2300 + 552 + 1035 = 17376.5

AST (DIURNAL SECT) --- using cooldowns that increase healing potency, spell speed or HoT duration
    0 Swiftcast - CD until 60
    0.5 Largesse - CD until 90.5
    1 Aspected Helios - ticks until 31
    1.5 Aspected Benefic - ticks until 19.5
    2 Celestial Opposition - CD until 122 - AH ticks until 40, AB ticks until 29
    2.5 Time Dilation - CD until 92.5 - AH ticks until 54.5, AB ticks until 43.5
    3 Essential Dignity - CD until 43
    3.5 Earthly Star started - ready at 13.5 - CD until 63.5
    4 Draw - Any card is drawn
    4.5 Minor Arcana - CD until 9.5 - Lady of Crowns is Drawn - Draw CD until 34.5
    5 Lady of Crowns
    5.5 Lightspeed - CD until 155.5
    6 Benefic II
    8.5 Benefic II
    11 Benefic II
    13.5 Benefic II
    14 Giant Dominance
    15.5 Lightspeed buff ends
    16 Start Casting
    18 Benefic II
    20.5 Start Casting
    20.5 Largesse buff ends
    22.5 Benefic II **Receives Largess buff as Casting began before buff ended
    25 Start Casting
    27 Benefic II
    29.5 Start Casting
    31.5 Benefic II
    34.5 Draw - Any card is drawn
    35 Minor Arcana - CD until 39.5 - Lady of Crowns is Drawn - Draw CD until 64.5
    35.5 Lady of Crowns
    36 Start Casting
    38 Benefic II
    40.5 Start Casting
    42.5 Benefic II
    43.5 Essential Dignity - CD until 73
    45 Aspected Benefic - ticks until 61.5
    45.5 Start Casting
    47.5 Benefic II
    50 Start Casting
    52 Benefic II
    54.5 Start Casting
    56.5 Benefic II (Aspected Helios isn't worth the cast 4.5 secs from 60s limit)
    59 Start Casting
    60 Casting interrupted

Full potency heals:
    Largesse Essential Dignity
    • higher limit (1000 potency) x (1.15 for sect bonus potency) x (1.2 for Largesse buff) x (1 cast) = 1380 OR
    • lower limit (400 potency) x (1.15 for sect bonus potency) x (1.2 for Largesse buff) x (1 cast) = 552

Largesse Earthly Star = (900 potency) x (1.15 for sect bonus potency) x (1.2 for Largesse buff) x (1 cast) = 1242
    Largesse Lady of Crowns (500 potency) x (1.15 for sect bonus potency) x (1.2 for Largesse buff) x (1 cast) = 690
    Largesse Benefic II (650 potency) x (1.15 for sect bonus potency) x (1.2 for Largesse buff) x (6 casts) = 5382
    Benefic II (650 potency) x (1.15 for sect bonus potency) x (7 cast) = 5232.5
    Lady of Crowns (500 potency) x (1.15 for sect bonus potency) x (1 cast) = 575
    Essential Dignity
    • higher limit(1000 potency) x (1.15 for sect bonus potency) x (1 cast) = 1150 OR
    • lower limit (400 potency) x (1.15 for sect bonus potency) x (1 cast) = 460

Additional ticked heals:
    L/TD/CO Asp Helios: = 1104 potency
    • [(40 potency regen) x (1.15 for sect bonus potency) x (1.2 for largesse buff)] x [(45s of regens) / (3s between regens)] = 828
    • (828 potency of regens) + [(200 potency initial heal) x (1.15 for sect bonus potency) x (1.2 for largesse buff)] = 1104

L/TD/CO Asp Benefic: = 2401.5 potency
    • [(140 potency regen) x (1.15 for sect bonus potency) x (1.2 for largesse buff)] x [(33s of regens) / (3s between regens)] = 2125.5
    • (2125.5 potency of regens) + [(200 potency initial heal) x (1.15 for sect bonus potency) x (1.2 for largesse buff)] = 2401.5

Aspected Benefic: = 1035 potency
    • (60s time limit - 45 tick start) = 15s of regen ticks
    • 15 is already a multiple of 3
    • (15s of regen ticks) / (3s between each tick) = 5 regens ticks
    • (5 regen ticks) x (140 potency) x (1.15 for sect potency bonus) = 805 potency worth of regens
    • (805 potency worth of Regens) + [(200 potency initial heal) x (1.15 for Sect potency bonus)] = 1035 potency

(Sum using Essential Dignity lower values and Lady of Crowns never drawn)
    552 + 1242 + 0 + 5382 + 5232.5 + 0 + 460 + 1104 + 2401.5 + 1035 = 17409
    (Sum using Essential Dignity higher values and Lady of Crowns Drawn twice)
    1380 + 1242 + 690 + 5382 + 5232.5 + 575 + 1150 + 1104 + 2401.5 + 1035 = 20192

Theoretically, when healing a single target for 1 minute through spamming Cure II/Physick/Benefic II using all its HoTs and oGCD heals:
    WHM is pumping out 13500 to 14300 potency of healing
    SCH is pumping out
    --8800 to 9450 potency of healing by itself
    --12400 to 13050 potency of healing when accompanied by Selene and
    --12800 to 13450 potency of healing when accompanied by Eos
    AST is pumping out 14846.5 to 17376.5 potency of healing

Theoretically, healing a single target for 1 minute through spamming Cure II/Physick/Benefic II using all its HoTs and oGCD heals AND using healing cooldowns:
    WHM is pumping out 16310 to 17190 potency of healing
    SCH is pumping out 17160 potency of healing
    AST is pumping out 17409 to 20192 potency of healing

Not only is AST capable of outhealing WHM by 2000 potency and SCH by 4000 over 1 minute without using healing buffs, but with healing buffs in place, AST still outheals both by 3000 over 1 minute.

Notice how WHM's healing burst from healing cooldowns competes with neither the SCH--who has the greatest possible burst increasing its potency in a minute by 4000 (#YAYSCH)--nor the AST who is now on a whole new healing planet all its own.

***BTW SCH's Excogitation requires Aetherflow. I didn't see that in the tooltip before I wrote this, which will require me to rewrite that section, however the flaw is small enough that it wont greatly effect the potency stated.***

Conclusion:
    It's not that WHM mains want to whine, moan and complain, it's that without even having played yet, the toolkit as given has widened the gap for the series' staple healer. Sure, WHM can still heal your a** off like a mother, but the job may be even less required/preferred in level 70 raids than it was at level 60.
    (19)
    Last edited by BlueMageQuina; 06-04-2017 at 07:33 AM.

Player
    Character
    Sylvana Tenebri
    World
    Malboro
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 79
    Quote Originally Posted by Verdan View Post
    For real, why was fluid aura's damage taken away? Is there a single reason that makes sense?
    All utility abilities have had their damage removed, including stuns, silences, knockbacks, and jump backs. This applies to all jobs, not just healers.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Makani Risvertasashi
    World
    Ultros
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Mezlabor View Post
    I don't play white mage but everyone I know who does is quitting over these changes. And one of my friends decided not to return for stormblood because is white mage destroyed. This is costing you money now get it together SE wtf are you thinking?
    While SE's handling of WHM really does cut to the bone for those of us that love the job... I would encourage them to not give up just yet. Let's see what SE does, if not before release, within the first few weeks after.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Keridwyn Maeve
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Mezlabor View Post
    I don't play white mage but everyone I know who does is quitting over these changes. And one of my friends decided not to return for stormblood because whitemage was destroyed. This is costing you money now get it together SE wtf are you thinking?
    I won't quit my WHM. I will be here from the moment SB launches until the closing bell. I will grow these lilies in their salted earth and water them with my sweat, tears, and the blood of my enemies. When they finally bloom I will drop them on SE's doorstep like a cat leaving a dead mouse. I will bury them in salty lilies. But they cannot crush my hope that the day of the WHM will come again.
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Aenn Do'chas
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 90
    I've seen a few discussions now about what white mages lost and some I agree with others I don't. SoS is one of them. The regen in the role skill is stronger than the old sos and makes me think Astro lost luminous anther and whm can now pick it up. some of the cross class skills everyone took were from white Mage base as they were the only healer you could start as so this was to be expected. Such as protect. All healers lost their esuna skill the role list. This not a whm issue. Eye for an eye was never a whitmeage ability it was always cross class for them. They did not lose eye for an eye scholars did. Every healer lost access To virus but the scholar is the one who lost the skill. Divine seal being removed and changed was shocking, but at least you still have access to it as a role skill.

The only complaint I can agree with is the disproportionate number of abilities per class. White Mage should not have less skills overall to bring to the table. I just don't think it is as large as some people are trying to make it out to be. This does not mean the white Mage doesn't need some love but an attempt to curb some of the hyperbole.

Edit. Stupid autocorrect making me sounds like an idiot. It is the bane of my existence.
    (1)
    Last edited by Feidam; 06-04-2017 at 06:28 AM.

Player
    Character
    Makani Risvertasashi
    World
    Ultros
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Feidam View Post
    I've seen a few discussions now about what white mages lost and some I agree with others I don't. SoS is one of them. The regen in the role skill is stronger than the old sos and makes me think Astro lost luminous anther and whm can now pick it up. some of the cross class skills everyone took were from white Mage base as they were the only healer you could start as so this was to be expected. Such as protect. All healers lost their esuna skill the role list. This not a whm issue. Eye for an eye was never a whitmeage ability it was always cross class for them. They did not lose eye for an eye scholars did. Every healer lost access To virus but the scholar is the one who lost the skill. Divine seal being removed and changed was shocking, but at least you still have access to it as a role skill.

The only complaint I can agree with is the disproportionate number of abilities per class. White hound not less skills overall to being to the table. I just don't think it is as large as some people are trying to make it out to be. This does not mean the white Mage doesn't need some love but an attempt to curb some of the hyperbole.
    WHM actually looks relatively good on 2 fronts:
    DPS (WHM looks to be the strongest DPSer single and AoE. SCH not only got an AoE nerf but its MP costs for DPSing went way, way up.)
    MP management

If all things were equal, it wouldn't be such a bad patch for WHM. It's the Divine Seal nerf. It's losing access to skills that were inherent before because we don't have enough cross role slots. It's every single heal being weaker than AST's.
    And then on top of all that, the utter irrelevance of the lilies system. You could delete it and it wouldn't be noticed. All this after being promised improvements to healer balance.

So not **everything** is bad... but that bad part is the fundamental, core aspect of the class, which if there's a problem there... extras like DPS and MP take a backseat.
    (3)
    Last edited by Risvertasashi; 06-04-2017 at 06:26 AM.

Player
    Character
    Aenn Do'chas
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 90
    The heals being weaker than astrologian may have nothing to do with white Mage and everything to do with Astro being over tuned. Which means nerf for Astro not a buff to whm.

I agree the lily system could use some work, but with a play style adjustment I'm not sure it is as irrelevant as people say. I, however, have not played with it yet.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Keridwyn Maeve
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Feidam View Post
    This not a whm issue. Eye for an eye was never a whitmeage ability it was always cross class for them. They did not lose eye for an eye scholars did.
    The reason we say we 'lost' it is because we no longer have the role slots to take it. We donated five skills to the role abilities, we get five role slots. We already have to give up one of our previous abilities to take Swiftcast so then we have to cut a second to use E4E. While dropping the new cleric stance is no hardship, cutting one of the other four kinda is.
    (4)

Page 155 of 356 FirstFirst ... 55 105 145 153 154 155 156 157 165 205 255 ... LastLast