Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Player
    Character
    Rama Kagon
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 80
    I'm pretty sure they said that it is required for story reasons. Plus it's also their way to introduce the jumping potion so I highly doubted from the very start.

PS: while the poption is not confirmed yet, "look forward to it".
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Lufie Newleaf
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Monk Lv 90
    You can unlock Samurai and Red Mage without full scenario completion, but you can't proceed to SB main scenario without being caught up. The only way to bypass the main scenario is by purchasing a skip, if and when they decide to offer this optional item in the global version of the game.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Khuja'to Binbotaj
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 90
    From what I gather, 3.0 MSQ is required, but 3.1 - 3.55 can be skipped and will result in a synopsis upon entry to stormblood. This is a good move, but I hope it is also done for 2.1 - 2.55, as that part of the story needs the skipping love far more than HW. I have always maintained that this move would negate the need for a jump potion (for now), so I really hope it is true, and its not just wishful thinking on my part.
    (1)
    Last edited by Lambdafish; 03-30-2017 at 05:09 PM.

Player
    Character
    Florence Leduc
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Monk Lv 90
    the story quest from 3.1-3.55 is not that long...seriously it's a shame to make people skip it. but people will complain to not see a story they will have no link with nor will understand it fully. *shrugs*
    (1)

Player

Quote Originally Posted by Derio View Post
    I thought completion of the heavensward is not required to access the new jobs.
    This is what I took away from some interview a bit ago, the fact that the new jobs are unlocked in pre-Stormblood areas means they can be accessed before completing HW but that comment had nothing to day about access to SB CONTENT.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Aria Meliora
    World
    Kujata
    Main Class
    Astrologian Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixxe View Post
    I guess I get why you interpreted it the way you did, OP, but it sounds to me like he's really just talking about not needing to complete the story to access some SB content, specifically the new jobs.
    You have your answer. ^
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Khuja'to Binbotaj
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by silentwindfr View Post
    the story quest from 3.1-3.55 is not that long...seriously it's a shame to make people skip it. but people will complain to not see a story they will have no link with nor will understand it fully. *shrugs*
    It not being long actually makes it far easier to make a synopsis that keeps people in the loop. My biggest fear of skippable story isn't "it's a shame people skip", because that's their choice. But having people actually completely miss huge chunks of story could alter hiw the story is told (everyone is using jump potion, let's re-explain what an ascian is, let's re-explain what a primal is etc.), So this method of condensing is preferred.

I'd actually like for them to have the synopsis be from 3.1-3.3 for now, as 3.4 and 3.5 are relevant to stormblood, and even in 4.0 I'd consider them a prologue to current content, which shouldn't be skippable for the time being
    (0)
    Last edited by Lambdafish; 03-30-2017 at 09:07 PM.

Player
    Character
    Airget Lamh
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Botanist Lv 90
    "but I couldn't access anything in it until I finished everything that was AAR."

"I bought 3.0, but I couldn't access anything in it until I finished everything that was AAR." I was like, "Oh, you know what? That's right!"

"It was a narrow way to get into the expansion content. "

"There were thoughts of "Well, maybe we should have players enjoy the new Jobs that are introduced with the expansion."

If you follow the whole thing, I believe people are jumping to conclusion thinking that it was the MSQ they were talking about when commenting on laxing restriction with the 4.0 content. Looks more like he was alluding to the jobs since that was honestly peoples major gripe about 3.0. It wasn't so much they couldn't access the zone til they reached that point in the story but that they couldn't play the new jobs til they reached that part in the story. With this expansion though players are going to have access to both jobs as long as they have the expansion.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Versatile Bottom
    World
    Faerie
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Lambdafish View Post
    From what I gather, 3.0 MSQ is required, but 3.1 - 3.55 can be skipped and will result in a synopsis upon entry to stormblood. This is a good move, but I hope it is also done for 2.1 - 2.55, as that part of the story needs the skipping love far more than HW. I have always maintained that this move would negate the need for a jump potion (for now), so I really hope it is true, and its not just wishful thinking on my part.
    Where was this said? Yoshi has always said players will need the story to continue into SB, things like jobs won't be locked since that was a mistake the last time.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Atlyss Sol
    World
    Adamantoise
    Main Class
    Dancer Lv 90
    So is Samurai/Red Mage going to start outside of SB then? For HW classes the trainers were in Ishgard requiring you to access the city even though you had to go back to sub 50 zones to level.
    (0)

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast