Character
    Cyrillo Rongway
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 90

XIV team: Please clarify "will call" ticket protocols

Dear FFXIV Team

Could you please clarify some things about the ticket system? Last FanFest, as the primary purchaser, I had QR codes for each ticket. The other attendees using my extra tickets also received their individual QR codes via email, so we didn't necessarily have to check in together or meet up to distribute tickets. However, this new system we're using this year doesn't ask for the other attendees' email addresses, and their customer FAQ says that we need to contact you regarding the details of the "will call" process.

So my questions, s'il vous plaît.
    1. When will the ticket system be locked down so that names can no longer be updated?
    2. Will attendees who purchased tickets together have to pick them up together?
    3. If one of my friends fails to reimburse me for his ticket, will he be able to pick up his badge just by virtue of his name being on the ticket?
    4. The FanFest site FAQ says "IDs are checked at the door and badges are given only to persons matching photo identification." (A) Will real names be printed on badges? (B) Will ID be checked for the primary purchaser only, or for each person on the purchase?

That last one might sound silly, but I don't even know the full real names of half the people I play with. Even out-of-game we just call each other by character names. Some people don't like giving out their full real names for reasons.

If anyone comes up with any other questions, by all means please add them.
    (1)
    Error 3102 Club, Order of the 52nd Hour

Quote Originally Posted by Rongway View Post
    Could you please clarify some things about the ticket system? Last FanFest, as the primary purchaser, I had QR codes for each ticket. The other attendees using my extra tickets also received their individual QR codes via email, so we didn't necessarily have to check in together or meet up to distribute tickets. However, this new system we're using this year doesn't ask for the other attendees' email addresses, and their customer FAQ says that we need to contact you regarding the details of the "will call" process.
    The QR code received with your order contains the number of tickets you purchased and the names you chose for those tickets. Anyone in your party that you share your QR code with can pick up the tickets contained on that order (assuming they have an ID that matches a ticket in that order).

When will the ticket system be locked down so that names can no longer be updated?
    Changes to tickets will no longer be possible starting in mid-September. We'll be posting a blog update on the Fan Festival website soon with exact dates.

Will attendees who purchased tickets together have to pick them up together?
    No. If you share your QR order code with the other members of your group, they can use it to pick up their ticket on their own. Or you could decide amongst yourselves who in your group will pick up all the tickets on the order and distribute the badges/goody bags to the others.

If one of my friends fails to reimburse me for his ticket, will he be able to pick up his badge just by virtue of his name being on the ticket?
    If you share the order QR code with them, then they can pick up their ticket using it. Without a QR code, you cannot pick up a ticket (i.e. walking up and showing ID will not grant you a ticket as we need the QR code to check people in).

The FanFest site FAQ says "IDs are checked at the door and badges are given only to persons matching photo identification." (A) Will real names be printed on badges? (B) Will ID be checked for the primary purchaser only, or for each person on the purchase?
    "Checked at the door" would probably be better represented as "checked upon badge pickup." IDs won't be checked walking into the venue. To answer your other questions:
    A) No, names will not be printed on the badge.
    B) IDs will be checked for whoever is picking up the ticket on the order. As I mentioned, you can decide amongst yourselves whether you want each person to pick up their own (using the order QR code) or if you want to select someone to pick up all tickets on that order.

That last one might sound silly, but I don't even know the full real names of half the people I play with. Even out-of-game we just call each other by character names. Some people don't like giving out their full real names for reasons.
    Names are required on a ticket in the system so that we can check ID for someone picking up a ticket that has their name on it. Names will not be used beyond that.
    (9)
    Matt "Bayohne" Hilton - Community Team

Player
    Character
    Cyrillo Rongway
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 90
    Thanks for the clarification Bayohne! See you in Vegas!
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Nutritious Delicious
    World
    Adamantoise
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 54
    What times can the tickets be picked up?
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Causality View Post
    What times can the tickets be picked up?
    We'll have that listed in the Event Schedule when it goes live (we're on it)!
    (5)
    Matt "Bayohne" Hilton - Community Team

Player
    Character
    Elizabeth Trueblood
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    Any news when the event schedule will be released? As well as what Live events are there going to be?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Cyrillo Rongway
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 90
    FanFest blog was updated with check-in / badge/loot pickup details. Most of it is the same info from Bayohne's earlier post, but read it anyway and be excited.

http://ffxiv-fanfest.com/na/blog/index.php

IT'S ALMOST TIME, GUYS
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Heixin Xiaoshuita
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 90
    So if I understand it all correctly.

I have a friend who purchased a ticket for him and a friend. Last minute job obligations come up and he is unable to go. He makes sure that the friend's name is on the ticket order and another person who couldn't go before will now get a ticket. His friend brings ID (matching name from when the names were edited on the order) and QR code and will be able to pick up the tickets right?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Runestone Einherjar
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 80
    I have a question of close proximity. I have purchased my ticked, and will be driving with 2 friends 25 hours to Vegas. We are meeting a few friends who are flying in who will be in line most likely well before we get there. Can we change our associated ticket names to their names, give them our QR code and have them pick up our badges?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Aerik Tirel
    World
    Mateus
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by ExKage View Post
    So if I understand it all correctly.

I have a friend who purchased a ticket for him and a friend. Last minute job obligations come up and he is unable to go. He makes sure that the friend's name is on the ticket order and another person who couldn't go before will now get a ticket. His friend brings ID (matching name from when the names were edited on the order) and QR code and will be able to pick up the tickets right?
    I have a similar question as well. My friend couldn't go, but changed the name on her tickets to that of another friend and their significant other - both of whom who weren't originally on the tickets (they missed out on the ticket window).

As long as my other friend has the confirmation email with their name and the QR code, are they allowed in with proper ID? It was a hectic state of affairs but we didn't want this ticket to go to waste, and I'd really hate for my friends to not be able to attend because we somehow made an oversight.

(The reason I ask this is that the FanFest website says tickets are non-transferrable, but this thread seems to suggest that as long as the names were changed before Mid-September, the tickets were indeed transferrable.)
    (0)
    Last edited by ColorOfSakura; 10-07-2016 at 06:10 PM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast