Player
    Character
    Mari Sakumura
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Estellios View Post
    They should just allow this and get rid of the workshop giving XP (which I'm pretty positive is the reason for the level requirement). I'm sure no one would actually care, the XP gained is pretty tiny and it opens up workshop participation to everyone in the company.
    Oh my goodness you're right! The xp isn't worth it and when you're level 55 turning in level 23 items, it suuuper isn't worth it. I hadn't even noticed it gave xp until I went to check.
    (5)

Player
    Character
    Mari Sakumura
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamillion View Post
    My advice is to put up PFs for it, you could offer a small reward as well (though most people won't take it in my experience). Not ideal, of course but it gets the job done.
    That's usually what gets done, but then we have to wait for people to feel like helping out. I even had a few instances where people asked how much we'd pay them to come stand around. It's just not fun. Also, this doesn't help in many instances, because outsiders can't turn things in at all and sometimes they have the class needed to turn in an item(like when mythril rivets have to be turned in by a BSM and no one in your fc is a bsm, but the outsider is). The whole system is a bit faulty really.
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Caitlin Seraphim
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 90
    Everytime my FC leader needs to craft airship parts, he has trouble getting people together for the 4 man requirement. It feels like dragging sheep to the slaughterhouse each time. Square wants it to be a group effort but really its just 1 or 2 people that do all the work while the rest can afk.
    (15)

Player
    Character
    Mimiji Miji
    World
    Exodus
    Main Class
    Dancer Lv 90
    I usually always help when someone needs four crafters, as a level 3 Goldsmith... >w>
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Liavain Axon
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 60
    Having 4+ crafters in a room to advance progress is tedious and isn't engaging gameplay. It stands as an artificial barrier to small FCs, who don't have enough people. As well as large ones, who simply don't have enough people who care.
    FC workshops are not a valid form of content for crafting groups. At most, everything can be done by one or two people. Drop the four person requirement and give crafters some meaningful instanced content. (Instanced missions for a group of 4+ that can award blue or red scripts for example)
    (16)
    [CENTER]
    "Sometimes before it gets better
    The darkness gets bigger
    The person that you’d take a bullet for is behind the trigger"
    [CENTER]

Player
    Character
    Kin Gurie
    World
    Brynhildr
    Main Class
    Monk Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by PotatoTree View Post
    Yea the clicking thing really sucks too. I'm getting carpel tunnel from all the clicking.
    You can use the zero key on your numpad instead of a mouse to make this a bit easier (plus 2, 4, 6, 8 directional keys).
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Baradaeg Ryssbhirwyn
    World
    Lich
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 80
    I don't get it, why it is tedious.
    In our FC our Craft Master let out a shout in the FC-Chat and there are always enough replies, except there are not enough people online of couorse, happens sometime.
    For smaller FCs use PF, but there is a minimum of 4 people to etablish a FC, so it's most a problem of coordination.
    If you don't get enough people who help in your FC, they don't deserve level III guild buffs or airship content or everything, wihich is related to the workshop.
    And if it's a too high requirement to have a level 1 crafter and just pause the daily grinding for 5 minutes to complete some prepaired crafts, then it's beyond help.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Mimiji Miji
    World
    Exodus
    Main Class
    Dancer Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Legion88 View Post
    I don't get it, why it is tedious.
    In our FC our Craft Master let out a shout in the FC-Chat and there are always enough replies, except there are not enough people online of couorse, happens sometime.
    For smaller FCs use PF, but there is a minimum of 4 people to etablish a FC, so it's most a problem of coordination.
    If you don't get enough people who help in your FC, they don't deserve level III guild buffs or airship content or everything, wihich is related to the workshop.
    And if it's a too high requirement to have a level 1 crafter and just pause the daily grinding for 5 minutes to complete some prepaired crafts, then it's beyond help.
    Master-Crafter-Race entitlement issues much? >w>
    (14)

Player
    Character
    Mari Sakumura
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 80
    rude entitled stuff
    Okay great, your FC doesn't have a problem. People in small FCs and/or in FCs where there's only, literally, 1 or 2 crafters aren't any less deserving of certain aspects of the game than you just because you have all you need. The fact of the matter is, this punishes smaller companies and players who don't want/need to level crafting because they simply don't enjoy it. A PF doesn't solve all the trouble with this ridiculous, pointless "feature", as some people expect payment, and they can't turn in things for you if you happen to not meet a level requirement for one of the turn ins. It's unnecessarily gated and exclusionary, and forced interaction only breeds resentment. Allowing people to participate without being forced to would be nice. It's like pulling teeth as is.

And it's great that you've apparently got the sweet life, but not all of us want super large FCs and not everyone wants to craft.
    (15)

Player
    Character
    Neira Velithe
    World
    Diabolos
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 64
    Oh, so -you're- the one. I heard a rumor about a FC that has never had a single person leave, but I never knew which it was. Well, congratulations on that achievement, it really is something to be proud of. However, for most FCs, people do tend to leave over time. Even my small FC which has been rather selective with invites has had two people leave in the two years we've been around, out of about twelve different people. So just because it started with four, doesn't mean it still has four.

Then as you pointed out, there is still that whole coordination thing. Unfortunately, our FC only has ten players total: five who are completely inactive, one who rarely logs on because they're busy running their business, one who works 6AM-4PM weekdays, and three who have completely random and unpredictable schedules(myself being one of them). So even trying to get four of the five of us who still play on and in the workshop at the same time is a difficult task.

I'd also advise you not get so lost in your own opinions that you fail to consider the views of others. That's the path to bigotry, and it isn't a pleasant road to go down.
    (12)

Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast