Player
    Character
    Momoko Tomoko
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Miner Lv 90

Workshops - getting 4 people in there to progress a tier is getting tedious

My FC has a workshop and a wheel table, but getting 4 people to be in the workshop to craft a wheel each time we need one is getting tedious.

I feel like the wheels would get much more use if we didn't need 4 people in the workshop to complete the simple craft (that along with some buffs that make grade 3 ones worth it, although a dev did say something about changing that for the future).

In fact, the whole 4 people in the workshop thing is pretty annoying in general. I wish the requirement was removed for all workshop crafts.

I mean people can still work as a group to contribute materials, but if one guy finishes a section he shouldn't have to wait until people are on and not in a dungeon to move to the next step.
    (123)
    The tiniest lala.

Player
    Character
    Yoso Carrasco
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Monk Lv 74
    I hope they can change this as well. It's unnecessary and doesn't really do anything to make you feel like you are working as a team when all the other 3 people (who don't even have to be in the same FC!) are doing are standing there.

If a single person could progress crafts it would be much easier and more enticing for everyone to just pitch in whatever is needed whenever they have the time to craft/gather instead of having to stockpile materials until enough people are available.
    (34)

Player
    Character
    Meru Maru
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Machinist Lv 90
    I don't mind the 4-people thing so much as clicking 60 times to insert the mats for each wheel one mat at a time
    (9)

Player
    Character
    Yoso Carrasco
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Monk Lv 74
    Another alternative could be just to make all recipes one-step instead of most being 3 that way it's easier for everyone to see what is needed throughout the entire recipe without being in the workshop. I wouldn't mind the 4 person thing as much if that was the case even if it is still unnecessary.
    (5)

Player
    Character
    Mari Sakumura
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 80
    This involves the 4-man thing too, but the "you must be a certain level to turn these mats in" bit is obnoxious too. Only two of my FC members are crafters(myself and the co-leader), so sometimes it's impossible to turn something in because we haven't leveled that class. We get mats from maps or dungeons or mobs, so if /everyone/ could just turn stuff in it would help to include everyone, even those who don't have an interest in crafting. So both the party requirement and the level/class requirements are both really obnoxious(in my opinion).
    (14)

Player
    Character
    Odiron Dulmare
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 60
    They really need to make the Wheels craftable by a single person, and turn in the items 3 at a time instead of 1 at a time.
    (8)

Player
    Character
    Momoko Tomoko
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Miner Lv 90
    Yea the clicking thing really sucks too. I'm getting carpel tunnel from all the clicking.
    (7)
    The tiniest lala.

Player
    Character
    Yoso Carrasco
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Monk Lv 74
    Quote Originally Posted by AnnietheCat View Post
    This involves the 4-man thing too, but the "you must be a certain level to turn these mats in" bit is obnoxious too. Only two of my FC members are crafters(myself and the co-leader), so sometimes it's impossible to turn something in because we haven't leveled that class. We get mats from maps or dungeons or mobs, so if /everyone/ could just turn stuff in it would help to include everyone, even those who don't have an interest in crafting. So both the party requirement and the level/class requirements are both really obnoxious(in my opinion).
    They should just allow this and get rid of the workshop giving XP (which I'm pretty positive is the reason for the level requirement). I'm sure no one would actually care, the XP gained is pretty tiny and it opens up workshop participation to everyone in the company.
    (10)

Player
    Character
    Kinnison Cooke
    World
    Malboro
    Main Class
    Gunbreaker Lv 90
    I would like very much to be able to make Grade 2/3 Aetherial Wheels (the actual wheels, not the stands) by myself. But the game says I need three other people to do so. -_-;
    (9)

Player
    Character
    Calypso Celeste
    World
    Lamia
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 60
    My advice is to put up PFs for it, you could offer a small reward as well (though most people won't take it in my experience). Not ideal, of course but it gets the job done.
    (0)

Page 1 of 24 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast