Taei Tertots
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Carpenter Lv 90

Really tired of the inventory excuses.

Recently from Yoshi-P

http://jpgames.de/2015/08/gamescom-2...naoki-yoshida/

"Although we won’t be able to expand inventory straight away, we want to make it more convenient to use retainers. So you can e.g. access all retainers in certain areas, rather than one by one."

So basically, what Yoshi wants us to do is suffer with the existing inventory space, while making it "easier" to use retainers so that we will buy more retainers. Thanks Yoshi-P.

*also, I'm sure its been brought up, but why are tokens (scripts, Alexander savage etc) using up inventory space? If Yoshi is saying that items take up data and put stress on the server, WHY MAKE TOKENS AS ITEMS THEN? There is a currency tab, there is a key items tab, why are they not in there? Let be realistic too, no one is going to put their tokens into a retainer when we all know next week or the day after we will get more of that token so basically its a permanent inventory slot wasted on a token.
    (97)
    Last edited by Taei; 08-14-2015 at 01:21 AM.

Player
    Character
    Bovinity Divinity
    World
    Exodus
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 60
    It's strange to me to see complaints about inventory space in FFXIV when pretty much every other MMO is worse about it. What the heck are people doing to use up all this space?
    (11)

Player
    Character
    Nyaano Nohea
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Taei View Post
    Recently from Yoshi-P

http://jpgames.de/2015/08/gamescom-2...naoki-yoshida/

"Although we won’t be able to expand inventory straight away, we want to make it more convenient to use retainers. So you can e.g. access all retainers in certain areas, rather than one by one."

So basically, what Yoshi wants us to do is suffer with the existing inventory space, while making it "easier" to use retainers so that we will buy more retainers. Thanks Yoshi-P.
    He's saying that they are working on being able to increase inventory space... But that it's going to take time... Being able to use retainers easier is a QoL thing that is desired either way.
    (6)

Player

What this tells me : "We need to make sure people buy as many retainers as possible, this is our chance!"
    (38)

Player
    Character
    T'aretha Tyaka
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 70
    I kinda understand why it might be easier to use retainers to extend the inventory, what I don't understand is why they haven't made the 3rd retainer free.
    At this moment I pay for 1 additional retainer, I got rid of all ARR materials, I store only a few old gears and event stuff that still cannot be stored in armoire and still 2 retainers aren't enough for me for holding pricy materials, furniture, tokens, gear and event stuff.

I support people who don't want to buy 3rd retainer and I think after 2 years of playing, they deserve one.

And I have hard time finding any good reason for this other than cash-grab, even while I think that SE is one of the most not-so-greedy game companies.
    (39)

Player
    Character
    Az Zurrei
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity View Post
    It's strange to me to see complaints about inventory space in FFXIV when pretty much every other MMO is worse about it. What the heck are people doing to use up all this space?
    The easiest solution to the inventory issue is to ALLOW US TO MAIL STUFF TO ALTS - if they are totally separate characters THEN LET US MAIL ITEMS TO THEM This is why I have a much, much more space in a game like WoW where an alt = storage.
    (25)

Player
    Character
    Makani Risvertasashi
    World
    Ultros
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    This is just not the case though. Most MMOs (even f2p) don't have 5 different types of wings or monster blood or so many other useless items that clutter space, and many of those will also let you break them down/recycle them (along with useless/old gear) into a basic set of crafting materials that don't occupy many slots. There are some that do intentionally flood your inventory a la FFXIV so they can make sales on inventory expansions, but even then, when you buy those expansions it's permanent rather than a subscription thing you can lose access to.

And then, of course, there's the armory system. Don't get me wrong I love it, but when you're trying to maintain gear for 10+ classes, well, yeah.
    (41)
    Last edited by Risvertasashi; 08-14-2015 at 01:27 AM. Reason: typo

Player
    Character
    Resa Nome
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 90
    And I'm tired of all the whining about how this is some ploy to sell more retainers to people.

More inventory space means higher client side memory requirements, something the PS3 doesn't have the budget for. It also actually does require larger database commits as already stated by the developers.

Retainers can only be accessed one at a time and in specific zones for a reason. This drastically reduced the DB commit requirements, makes them more predicable and doesn't have to be dealt with in combat zones.

You simply do not understand client-server or database systems if you think expanding all player inventory is trivial and something avoided in favor of selling more retainer space.
    (23)

Player
    Character
    Erin Grey
    World
    Mateus
    Main Class
    Monk Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Risvertasashi View Post
    This is just not the case those. Most MMOs (even f2p) don't have 5 different types of wings or monster blood or so many other useless items that clutter space, and many of those will also let you break them down/recycle them (along with useless/old gear) into a basic set of crafting materials that don't occupy many slots. There are some that do intentionally flood your inventory a la FFXIV so they can make sales on inventory expansions, but even then, when you buy those expansions it's permanent rather than a subscription thing you can lose access to.

And then, of course, there's the armory system. Don't get me wrong I love it, but when you're trying to maintain gear for 10+ classes, well, yeah.
    +1 to this.

Never played another MMO with so many inventory problems. And I've played quite a few.

Some made you pay to unlock extra slots permanently...but not a single one I can think of makes you rent extra inventory like FFXIV.
    (31)

Player
    Character
    Xerius Falconbridge
    World
    Exodus
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 60
    When you have 8 crafting jobs that require mats and each mat has 2 versions (NQ and HQ) and some jobs (I'm looking at you WVR) have a 3 stage raw material process (Thread > Cloth > Cloth + Holy/Hallowed Water) you run out of inventory room very fast.
    (40)

Page 1 of 18 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast