Thread: Airship Guide

Player
    Character
    Firetta Thierremont
    World
    Lamia
    Main Class
    Goldsmith Lv 60
    Definitely not. Our ship, the Drunken Mammet, found sector 8 after sector 7 on an SC06->SC07 trip. So it doesn't have to be a solo trip. It's just luck.

I suggest mammet-bashing. Complain loudly about your mammet in the company workshop. Try to find an artist to do a sketch of a mammet and threaten to burn a copy every time the mammet doesn't find the sector you're looking for. Rename your airship to shame your mammet.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Yarem Bashir
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 60
    I don't believe in fortune, i believe in facts.

Unlocked all my sectors with favor/exploration/retrieval builds so far and failed with spread stat build.

I had returned to my hulk build after failing multiple times finding sector 8 with full invincible , last trip if found sector 8 with my hulk build, ship returned today with this result:

Tell me what you want, exploration IS important.
    (0)
    Last edited by Yarem; 07-25-2015 at 02:35 AM. Reason: Img Link was broken

Player
    Character
    Neri Feralheart
    World
    Faerie
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 90
    Looking JUST at the Survey stat, here's the number of attempts vs successes at different survey values to find sector 08 recorded on the spreadsheet:

Adrasteia: Success: 98
    Drunken Mammet: Fails: 80; Success: 80
    Enterprise A: Fails: 80, 80
    HMS Moneysink: Success: 90
    Lalafell Mafia: Fails: 94, 94, 94, 94; Success: 76
    Ragnarok: Fails: 98, 98; Success: 98
    SS Flying Squirrel: Fails: 80, 80, 80
    SS Rubber Ducky: Fails: 76, 62; Success: 80
    The Phoenix: Fails: 80, 80, 80; Success: 80

So, that's what we have so far. With 80 Survey, the chance to find Sector 08 so far for us (and this is a tiny sample size) is 3/12 = 25%. Now, again, this is a tiny sample, but the chance to succeed with 90-100 Survey? We have 6 fails recorded and 3 successes. 3/9 gives us 33%. Below 80 we only have 3 trips recorded, 1 success and 2 fails, which gives us 33% there too. This is all skewed by small sample sizes, but the 25-33% chance is pretty consistent so far across all survey values. Our total of 7/24 gives us ~30%, and 33% isn't even appreciably better than that.

EDIT: Sorry, I totally missed the HMS Moneysink's log entry!
    (1)
    Last edited by Nyalia; 07-25-2015 at 03:30 AM. Reason: Oops, missed one!
    (The links below are sadly outdated. I hope to get around to updating things at some point.)
    Desynthesis Guide: http://tinyurl.com/ffxivdesynth

Airship Guide: http://tinyurl.com/ffxivairshipguide (\v/) Airship Quick Reference: http://tinyurl.com/ffxivairshipqr
    Airship Logsheet: http://tinyurl.com/ffxivairshiplog (/|\) Airship Builder Tool: http://tinyurl.com/ffxivairshipbuilder

Player
    Character
    Yarem Bashir
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 60
    You are right, sample size is to small for a good analysis, the mafia screws up the results completely.... curse the mafia.

I hope more people will participate and enter their results which would help us to confirm theories.

Beside that, thank you for your work and time you invested in the spreadsheet Nyalia. It's a valuable source of information.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Honey Hole
    World
    Tonberry
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 2
    Just confirming that S12 unlocked after S10
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Avotas Felious
    World
    Famfrit
    Main Class
    Botanist Lv 60
    In regards to the durability of airship parts, I allowed our airship to completely degrade and was given the following error when I tried to deploy it 'broken'.

"Unable to commence voyage. One or more components require repairs."

It appears that if the condition of any one component fails, the entire ship cannot be deployed. I would further speculate that the condition of any one component has no effect on the quantity or quality of the items returned similar to the condition of our armor and weapons.

-Avotas
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Yurith Azeri
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 60
    Got "High Quality" Shrub seedlings from 6th sector. Needed for housing item (alchemist) Topiary moogle

(0)

Player
    Character
    Zeno Silverberg
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 70
    Anyone seen signs of Empty Cluster?
    (0)
    -reseph

Player
    Character
    Inzoum Zimia
    World
    Masamune
    Main Class
    Goldsmith Lv 80
    Final information about airship and workshop after moving to a new house

You lose all progress

That is... Your sector discoveries and company crafting logs are tied to the estate hall's workshop, and not the Free Company itself. These are not carried over when you destroy the workshop and move. This is a little counter intuitive because you'd think knowledge is immaterial, like known sectors and recipes, you think you would keep that with you as you move, but nope.

- Extra unlocked airship slots are lost
    - Airship rank is reset upon dismantling, but parts are recovered in inventory
    - Sector discoveries are lost
    - Unlocked workshop prototypes are lost and need to be unlocked again

On the bright side, we already had a lot of leftover items for unlocking the prototypes again, and we know know how to unlock second airship again, so we can rush towards that.
    (3)
    Do you enjoy a global playerbase? GONDWANA is a fun and friendly Free Company family on Masamune. Our name reflects our diversity of culture and playstyle.
    We are proud to offer many services to our members, including a large company estate with plenty of facilities, discounted goods and company buffs every day of the week. We regularly organize large scale social events with fun games and prizes to win!
    Become one of the «GFolk» today! | http://gondwana.ovh

Character
    L' Ash
    World
    Masamune
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 16
    Rank 23 still haven't found sector 7 & 8 yet! Somehow discovered sector 11 which requires rank 30 to explore...
    (0)

Page 23 of 147 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23 24 25 33 73 123 ... LastLast