Thread: Airship Guide

Player
    Character
    Dante Venarra
    World
    Jenova
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 60
    Awesome thread Thank you!. It's nice to see something helpful once and a while as opposed to all of the other negative threads on this forum.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Bonzai Ferroni
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Dante_V View Post
    Awesome thread Thank you!. It's nice to see something helpful once and a while as opposed to all of the other negative threads on this forum.
    I appreciate the feedback! I was inspired by Nyalia's desynthesis guide, it really is the go-to best-ever guide for desynthesis! No reason a guide of that quality can't be on the official forum, so that's what I'm trying to work toward
    (2)
    Last edited by BonzaiFerroni; 07-09-2015 at 08:37 AM.

Player
    Character
    Lil'bit Gnawdy
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 60
    So here's a question for the people having this problem, are the sectors there and just greyed out? I just went to deal with our airship and only grabbed 1 cereleum tank because I wasn't going to send it out. Another member hadn't done it in a few days and wanted to see it. Anyway, what I saw was that only sectors 1-4 were highlighted with 1 cereleum tank in my inventory, because the higher level ones require more tanks. maybe this will solve one or two of the problems some of you are having.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Illuminati Slayer
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Goldsmith Lv 54

Cool Shrub seedlings

I can confirm that you get these via airship exploration, forgot to check which sector they came from but it had to have come from 2,4,5.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Bonzai Ferroni
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 60
    Hey guys, I have an interesting problem that I need more data on. I've read about other people's speculation that some items are higher tier than others, and I've found that in the flight log sometimes it gives the following messages when an item is discovered:
    • _______________ discovered.
    • High-quality _____________ discovered.
    Unfortunately this hadn't captured my attention before so I haven't included this distinction in my notes up until now. So, I'm not sure which items from each sector are high-quality. It would also be reaaaally nice to do some testing based on stats changes to see if any stats influence high-quality or not! In your flight logs, will you look at which items have that distinction and let us know what you find?

Edit: To clear up any confusion, this "high-quality" distinction is different from whether or not the item is HQ or NQ.
    (0)
    Last edited by BonzaiFerroni; 07-09-2015 at 10:08 AM.

Player
    Character
    Duuude Bismarck
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Armorer Lv 80
    maybe the specific combination of ship parts helped boost odds at unlocking 2nd ship?

You need high rank forecastle and low rank aftcastle to maximize surveillance, for example.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Inzoum Zimia
    World
    Masamune
    Main Class
    Goldsmith Lv 80
    Thanks for all the info!

There's something more than Rank 20+ required to unlock second airship.

Our airship, the InvinciDERP (don't ask) went from 19 -> 22 in the last expedition, but didn't unlock second slot yet. It's outfitted with full Invincible components, so stats are 80 all around
    (0)
    Do you enjoy a global playerbase? GONDWANA is a fun and friendly Free Company family on Masamune. Our name reflects our diversity of culture and playstyle.
    We are proud to offer many services to our members, including a large company estate with plenty of facilities, discounted goods and company buffs every day of the week. We regularly organize large scale social events with fun games and prizes to win!
    Become one of the «GFolk» today! | http://gondwana.ovh

Player
    Character
    Elinchayilani N'jala
    World
    Zodiark
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 70
    Survey of Sea of Clouds - Sector 06 complete. Elite performance rated as satisfactory.
    Elite gains 143498 (+100%) experience points.
    []22h 26m elapsed -------------------
    Changing course to Sea of Clouds - sector 5.
    Sea of Clouds - Sector 11 discovered!

Same voyage:

Survey of Sea of Clouds - Sector 05 complete. Elite performance rated as substandard.
    Elite gains 79633 (+50%) experience points.
    []30h 53m elapsed -------------------
    Changing course to Sea of Clouds - sector 4.
    Sea of Clouds - Sector 7 discovered!

Went from rank 14 to rank 17 on that voyage.

Stats:
    Surveillance 84
    Retreival 70
    Speed 70
    Range 84
    Favor 80

Currently available:
    Sectors 01 to 07
    Sector 11 (requires rank 30)

It might be worth noting that out of the sectors I've got unlocked, 6 is the closest to the newly unlocked sector 11. And I discovered 11 right after going to 6.

For anyone interested in sector 11: it has a silver icon instead of a bronze one, and 3 stars underneath it. Requires 4 ceruleum barrels.
    (2)
    Last edited by Aeyis; 07-09-2015 at 09:55 PM.

Player
    Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 90
    Sector 8: Raw Celestine

Our airship hit 23 today after a solo expedition in Sector 8. Nothing about the log seemed notable but I guess it just decided to let us make airship number 2 now. I don't really understand why but ok. Enterprise propeller, all other parts Invincible. Sectors 1-8 cleared.
    (0)
    Last edited by SeraviEdalborez; 07-09-2015 at 11:44 PM.

XI: Zeroblade, Titan Server

Player
    Character
    Bonzai Ferroni
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Inzoum View Post
    Our airship, the InvinciDERP (don't ask) went from 19 -> 22 in the last expedition, but didn't unlock second slot yet. It's outfitted with full Invincible components, so stats are 80 all around
    Thanks for the report, and for adding the detailed information, I'm wishing the InvinciDERP the best of luck! (I have a retainer named Derpshitz)

Quote Originally Posted by SeraviEdalborez View Post
    Our airship hit 23 today after a solo expedition in Sector 8. Nothing about the log seemed notable but I guess it just decided to let us make airship number 2 now. I don't really understand why but ok. Enterprise propeller, all other parts Invincible. Sectors 1-8 cleared.
    Woohoo! And thanks for the detailed report! There were some others who thought that sector 8 might be the key, so I wonder if there might be something to that or if it is just coincidence. If you still have your report, can you tell us what rating you got for the sector?

Quote Originally Posted by Aeyis View Post
    It might be worth noting that out of the sectors I've got unlocked, 6 is the closest to the newly unlocked sector 11. And I discovered 11 right after going to 6.
    This is an incredibly interesting theory! Will you continue to report that kind of information? And I'll be keeping track of ours too! Wouldn't it be interesting if discovering the sector required a specific route, for example, 5 to 4 discovers sector 7, 6 to 5 discovers sector 11, etc. If the discovered sector is within the proximity of that route, perhaps it was the "flyover" that did the trick! Will have to start looking at reports to notice similarities, its the kind of thing that is difficult to know without multiple people giving reports.
    (1)

Page 3 of 147 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 103 ... LastLast