Player
    Character
    Mature Rudlum
    World
    Ultros
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 70

Dear Yoship, HUGE thank you from a SMN

I can finally say, SMN has been sorted. It feels great , flows and its now flexible on whatever I want to do. No more mana issues. I left maining SMN a year ago but now it does feel like a completely new Job.

TRANCE is amazing and maybe in the future we could add some more new primal abilities into it.

Thanks for listening. SMN is what it should of been.

Just sharing.
    (29)

Player
    Character
    Ellie Fredericksen
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 60
    Moar egi's doe
    (8)

Player
    Character
    Aleister Miltrenahr
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Mature View Post
    Thanks for listening. SMN is what it should of been.
    True story. I have always been head strong and remained a smn, but now it's just amazing. I feel like I'm on a never ending power trip. It's got really complicated with trance, but mastering it is soooooo very rewarding.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Jasmine Aurelia
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 50
    I'll have to try it, but I really doubt the wisdom of removing a pet from what was billed as a pet centric job.

I just wanted to sit back and command my pet, maybe SMN is no longer that job.. but I hope a new pet based job comes out to replace it, where the focus will remain on the pet.
    (4)

Character
    Alinda Thorn
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Jasmine_Aurelia View Post
    I'll have to try it, but I really doubt the wisdom of removing a pet from what was billed as a pet centric job.

I just wanted to sit back and command my pet, maybe SMN is no longer that job.. but I hope a new pet based job comes out to replace it, where the focus will remain on the pet.
    SMN should've never been a simple pet job, in my opinion. It's what it should be now.
    (6)

Player
    Character
    Jasmine Aurelia
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 50
    If they had taken the ffxi summon, removed mp drain from pet, so we could keep it out 24/7 I would be in heaven.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Faust Eisenhart
    World
    Malboro
    Main Class
    Machinist Lv 60
    Yeah SMN got a really great overhaul.

Now go fix MCH please
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Ecks Grimoirath
    World
    Diabolos
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 90
    The moment I used Bane and noticed that all the mobs in the huge pull got the debuffs rather than just 3-4 others my eyes lit up since I didn't read skill changes in the patch notes. Then I immediately checked the tool tip for Bane to confirm and was overjoyed!

Bane had been needing to work like this since day 1, and I am soooooo glad it does.

I can't quite comment on too many of the new skills yet since I'm only level 56. Tri-Disaster is awesome, but Ruin III on the other hand doesn't seem nearly as useful as the instant cast Ruin II, even if it does do slightly more damage and has a nifty animation. I can't, at this point see a reason to use it over Ruin II. Painflare is nice, it gives us more aoe options, but even so I find it hard to rely on it because it uses up Aetherflow stacks. Perhaps if I had more stacks of Aetherflow or the cooldown on Aetherflow was greatly reduced then I could see using this skill more often, but currently it's just one I use if I happen to feel like it and don't mind wasting an aetherflow stack that I could have used for Bane or Fester.

Maybe this will change at 58 and 60, but for now it's a little odd.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Lemuria Glitterhands
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Ecks007 View Post
    Painflare is nice, it gives us more aoe options, but even so I find it hard to rely on it because it uses up Aetherflow stacks.
    Maybe this will change at 58 and 60, but for now it's a little odd.
    Painflare gives you the attunement needed to use Deathflare, which is learned at level 60. The downside is you require 3 stacks of this to use Deathflare so unless you're using only using your aetherflow on painflare, you'll probably be using Deathflare less than you might want. That being said, Deathflare is a 400 potency AoE attack, which is pretty powerful. If you're fighting groups of mobs, it might work out better than Bane for those 60 seconds.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Aishwarya Vaishnavi
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 70
    Wait....summoner doesn't have pets anymore?
    (0)

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast