Page 3 of 288 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 103 ... LastLast
    Player
    Character
    Vandes Aan
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Dragoon Lv 70
    Updated first post with some clarifications on certain S ranks.

Quote Originally Posted by Taruranto View Post
    Same, but NQ Vendor works too.

Spawned it with NQ Marmot Steak from vendor. The spawn points are the same as the A Rank. It will spawn literally in front of you once the right trigger is activated.
    Unless you have complete control of who is in the zone and who's currently eating or making food in the zone, how do you know? On Excalibur I would misdirect the masses of people to go somewhere else (usually for an A rank, which gets their attention) while a closed group of people launch themselves at a specific zone, executing my theories in a controlled environment once we see the zone to have been sufficiently cleared out. Because we know for certain that when a trigger causes a spawn, somewhere in the zone a mob will pop, we can be at every spawn point and attempt to do the triggers to see if something happens. The "hotspots" (spawn points) are not necessarily going to pop out a mob next to the person doing the trigger at the time, as we often see the S ranks during controlled tests pop out on the other end of the zone opposite of the person currently (hopefully) solo-triggering the current test.

I am not doubting your findings outside of wanting to know if you have had a controlled environment to test it in. Using vendor food has not been actively tested on Brontes in particular since we don't know for certain yet when to start trying. My focus has been directed at things like Wulgaru, Garlok, Safat and Nunyunuwi for the time being while we boggle our minds at how they work.
    (1)

Character
    Archs Crysta
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 50
    Well, controlled environments is kinda hard, but people who showed up for him after we announced it seemed surprised he finally spawned since he never did before on our server, apparently.

We tried using BG-steak theory as soon it was posted there, I was having my pt making food and eating it through the zone when one of them had it popping in front of him. The second time I was alone and eating NQ Vendor food, popped him myself (it was after maintence).

As I said, he *literally* popped in front of me while I was running into the most know A-Rank spots (Here's a pic of the second time we spawned it, sadly I forgot to take a picture before the horde showed up) Bonnacon, 1000 and Zona Seeker always spawned randomly through the zone to us once triggered, but Brontes has been pretty consistent in spawning in front of the ppl who triggered it. BG Hunt thread also seems to confirm this.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Vandes Aan
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Dragoon Lv 70
    Wait... never before on your server? Are you 100% sure of this? I mean, we've missed Brontes a couple maintenance cycles on Excalibur, but he's usually been found when maintenance did not happen within 72 hours of the previous ones. Though I think we've invested millions in finger sandwiches...

For Brontes spawning in your face, know that we've had the exact opposite happen during controlled tests for spawning him where someone just sitting there waiting for me to unleash them so they could go kill Kurrea suddenly says "Is that cyclops the S rank?". It's a very nice feeling to have it pop directly in your face and being the person to tell the entire server that S RANK IN MY FACE YO, but I am quite certain of spawn locations either being completely random or following a pattern. Only issue being that vacanies of the spawn spots are shared between all three rank types - with exceptions for zones like Eastern La Noscea and Mor Dhona. I've tried to find a spawn pattern, but someone solo keeps finding the B ranks before I am able to, and I won't deprioritize the horde away from finding A ranks.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Ferien Terzo
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    Quick note: the S rank timers are still a little fuzzy. We had Nunyunuwi pop at 46 hours last night (while Vandes wasn't hunting), so unless the ToD was taken down incorrectly, there's still some work to be done on that front.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Apricoth Daenya
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Rogue Lv 70
    His information seems to coincide quite accurately to my Hunting experiences. Thanks for your hard work.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Vandes Aan
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Dragoon Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferien View Post
    Quick note: the S rank timers are still a little fuzzy. We had Nunyunuwi pop at 46 hours last night (while Vandes wasn't hunting), so unless the ToD was taken down incorrectly, there's still some work to be done on that front.
    Yes, yes there is! All that is noted down is the minimum delay we've seen, and I always wish to reduce that time. Especially for nuts like Nunyunuwi where nothing makes sense.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Smily Kweh
    World
    Maduin
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Vandesaan View Post
    Unless you have complete control of who is in the zone and who's currently eating or making food in the zone, how do you know? On Excalibur I would misdirect the masses of people to go somewhere else.... once we see the zone to have been sufficiently cleared out. ....
    You contradict yourself right away, the problem with this is that you are stating that your test is controlled and it's not. unfortunately you can never have a controlled test due to exactly what you said. Some one in the zone somewhere will be doing something different then you. You can not prevent this calling out a fake hunt wont send everyone out, and several people that do this like you are heavily blisted, and removed from ls for doing this. So going based off the rules of the game, you can never have a confirmed answer. Esp. in a Zone like Coerth. Because you the zone is so large. Secondly Safat, and Garluk are confirmed to be falling and fire. edited * Phrasing here was weird. Every time goluk/safat have appears it's been within 30 seconds of someone completing their respective action.
    (4)
    Last edited by Urielparadox; 08-07-2014 at 09:33 PM.

Player
    Character
    Vandes Aan
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Dragoon Lv 70
    I don't do fake callouts of monsters. We do the test when the horde as a unit moves to kill something and spend that short time frame on only that. We know the amount of people in the zone by doing a /sea for that zone and if it is our group of 8 and no more than 10 people above that, testing conditions are considered a go.

Quote Originally Posted by Urielparadox View Post
    Secondly Safat, and Garluk are confirmed to be falling and fire. they spawn within 30 seconds of someone doing these things every time.
    As I've stated before, spawn triggers are _instant_ when the trigger happens. Not 1 minute after. Not 30 seconds after. It happens the moment it's triggered. Did you have every spawn point covered when you attempted to spawn it? Did no other in-game events (such as weather change, hour change, someone mining an unspoiled node) coincide with what you were doing? You're being overly sure of something without dispelling any doubt about its legitimacy in the process. ALL the data I have on these hunts have been checked and verified before we assume a high level of certainty about the spawn condition. And we don't base it on one occurrence of the event, we try to replicate it at least five times from the initial observation. Only then is it considered confirmed, and we will monitor and do other tests to try to disprove ourselves even after having high confidence in the discovery.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Pterois Volitans
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 60
    Excaliburs TS group, and the coordination, is hands down made this content enjoyable again. Long past are the begining days of hunting naul in blind rage and instead its all like

1500 myth for books is a breeze now, hell takes longer to clear the book than to get the myth for the next one >.<
    (4)
    "Try not. Do or do not. There is no try."

Player
    Character
    Cell Splitter
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Pterois View Post
    /sh Extension please!
    (1)