Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Player
    Character
    Drako Lombardi
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 60
    Me and my fiancee haven't had any lockups to speak of until this update. We both have AMD GFX, and the issues seem to be more extreme when everyone is porting to a S. and When they are leaving. Occasionally it happens when fighting the boss, which is bad, because it dies in seconds so you don't have time to do anything, and have to hope the rest of the group carries you. I will say I improved the situation on my computer, by disabling everything possible, physics, shadows, name plates, ETC and it seemed to make things better for me. But my fiancee keeps having the same troubles, and she's all but given up on doing hunts as a result. We have always done odin/behe, and never seen this issue before. It's sad because my comp can easily handle the highest settings at 30+ FPS but it locks up like crazy during these ports, if I have my settings higher then the lowest of low. I have a HD6970, she has a HD5770. If she keeps having issues, I'm going to go into CCC and turn it on performance mode.... lol
    (0)

Character
    Alukah Bast
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Goldsmith Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Ninix View Post
    Prior to claiming that there is an issue with the software, which is unlikely when most people don't seem to have issues with it, perhaps you should consider that maybe there is something wrong with your setup. Nobody in my linkshell has complained about these issues.
    Or perhaps you should give this thread a bit more time to see if more people on the forums (those outside your circle of friends) are having issues before dismissing this topic.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Talim Amariyo
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Alukah View Post
    Or perhaps you should give this thread a bit more time to see if more people on the forums (those outside your circle of friends) are having issues before dismissing this topic.
    Considering how popular this content is, it's a pretty safe bet that if there were issues with said content that were so severe as to warrant completely pulling it, they'd be fairly well documented at this point.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Madara Ichigo
    World
    Brynhildr
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 61
    i agreed only started the hunt a week now and it seems during the day period there is no lag issues with Rendering or tpin in and out. but as soon as it hits evening around 6pm the lag begins, pings of 9k to 89k has been seen most times not laggin out but seriously sticking.

also trying to tp to another map client randomly crashes. i have wtf and also my rig can handle the stress. so i'm certain its the servers that cannot handle the amt of ppl in a set location at once. also only recently it has poured over into front lines where im seeing a ping of 5 k and more. from which previously i had no lag.

already done virus and malware scans to make sure. but the recurring factor is eveningin time when more players are logged.
    (0)

Character
    Kytre Ashaer
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 70
    PS4 master race huh?

No crashes and I don't even lose S-ranks all that much.

Quote Originally Posted by Krr View Post
    Anything that meets the (fairly middling at best) advertised recommended requirements to operate the client should operate the client with minimal flaws.
    Yes...recommended specs stay the same with every patch, especially after 3 major patches and many smaller ones almost a year out. Nothing ever goes wrong with patches or added content. Nope, never.

And even at launch, games playing on a recommended specs PC can still have hiccups due to one part being "wrong" despite everything meeting reqs, or even one "wrong" driver. Recommended is a starting point, not an end point. If you want a game to run well or better, you have to get your PC to work for the game; this is a pretty big reason why consoles work so well, all the specs are the same so games can be optimized properly. PCs are usually a hodgepodge of parts from many places and so optimization is incredibly difficult overall.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Indira Cliodhna
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 50
    you can turn down how many people you can see in the settings. just turn it to low since you PC is crapping out. has nothing to do with server stress if you client is the one crashing.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Mortechai Voidwatcher
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 68
    Quote Originally Posted by Ninix View Post
    Here's a better idea.

Upgrade your toaster.
    I'm actually above the reccomended specs XD. Nice try though. And, as I said, it isn't limited to just me.
    (2)
    I have within me the blood of legends!

Player
    Character
    Nyaano Nohea
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 70
    In another thread it has been noted that AMD graphics users have had various degrees of problems since the patch.
    I haven't seen anyone with nVidia graphics note those particular problems (though people with SLI occasionally report performance issues).

I recommend AMD users start experimenting with various in-game and driver settings to see if it helps anything, as that could also speed up anything SE can do to help fix it. Enable or disable occlusion culling and other things as an example.
    Anything that is actually caused by the game should obviously be fixed by SE, but every bit of feedback helps.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Matiallais Archdalaix
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 81
    I had to quit hunts because my client would crash after every 3 teleports when moving from one elite mark to another. I've been reading that this issue is most common among AMD GPUs. I have an HD 7870. Before this patch my game would rarely crash, usually when teleporting in to Coerthas.
    After the third teleport, my game would either just crash or would start running at 1-2fps. My computer is way above the recommended specs to run this game, and my computer is well maintained. This happens in no other game I have played before.
    As a result of these crashes I can no longer be reliable in a hunt party as I will be letting the rest of my group down when they are trying to get as much hate as possible on a target while I'm offline.

Quote Originally Posted by indira View Post
    you can turn down how many people you can see in the settings. just turn it to low since you PC is crapping out. has nothing to do with server stress if you client is the one crashing.
    That option turns down not only the amount of player characters visible but also the amount of mobs visible. It does not separate the two. I have tried using this setting before to kill an S rank but the mob was still invisible among all the other players.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Asula Mur
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 50
    I have been having the same issue. Generally, right after having teleported into an area or as others are teleporting in. Framerates will drop to 1-2 then client will crash. And to address the 'upgrade your toaster' BS, as with some of these other people, I'm actually running a pretty powerful rig. It is sounding like AMD is the problem, though, as I'm running 2 HD 7970's. Sucks not being able to participate in the hunts.
    (0)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast