Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Player
    Character
    Belcross Panda
    World
    Famfrit
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 60
    One solution is to buy some of the components. By the time your struggling to upkeep food for everyone's chocobo, its probably because you have quite a few members overall in your FC.

If you have that many people interested in chocobos organize a farming party and buy the components to make the broom. Instead of dedicating one entire plot to this you now have 3 plots for food production. A full party farming for 1 broom should be fairly easy if done properly.

Also, look around the neighborhood and socialize with some of the smaller FC's especially ones which own medium or large lots. Ask them if they would offer you produce for money or trade goods. A lot of times, larger FCs, tend to have things small FCs don't. My FC, which owns a large lot and has only 9 members, for example has never set foot in the coils so we readily trade our produce for special furniture items or rarer things that larger FCs accumulate and call trash.

As for the conveying message, I think you should just ask for a calendar. Its much easier to access and members can see for the next 28-31 days what is going to happen.
    (0)

Character
    Indaki Sativa
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Xystic View Post
    snip

That's a good idea, but it isn't exactly viable on my server atm. Broombush flies off the MB as soon as it goes up (for 750k-ish). I've been farming glazenuts for months now, have tons of those and plenty of Gil to buy the broombush. I just can't ever find it on the MB!!! I'm sure that might slow down in the coming weeks and all...but ya know... right nao?!

(0)

Player
    Character
    Belcross Panda
    World
    Famfrit
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by JayCommon View Post
    That's a good idea, but it isn't exactly viable on my server atm. Broombush flies off the MB as soon as it goes up (for 750k-ish). I've been farming glazenuts for months now, have tons of those and plenty of Gil to buy the broombush. I just can't ever find it on the MB!!! I'm sure that might slow down in the coming weeks and all...but ya know... right nao?!

*Cough* check around the neighborhood. I had a few I traded instead of sold
    (1)

Character
    Tiggy Te'al
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 53
    Quote Originally Posted by JayCommon View Post

I'm with this Jay. On Balmung it also goes for around 700k and the brooms themselves 60k+. At the moment we are twice a week spending 60k to keep the stables clean. It's far more productive to be self sufficient in the long run and within a week we will be.

Also, we have a medium house, and others hae a small house. We are not all so lucky to have 3 patches as you are Xystic. Let alone 3 patches for all of 9 people. We have 2 patches for 100 people.

However I think you miss the point of the over all message. It's not about how to manage cleaning our stables. It's about the bigger picture.
    (1)
    Last edited by Tiggy; 07-19-2014 at 01:42 AM.

Player
    Character
    Valia Rosa
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 71
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruethryl View Post
    Actually.. the history for FC has been foobar period ever since they introduced housing, gardening and such have only made it worse.. if you're in an active FC that history is maxed out (likely with gardening stuff) and you can't get anything useful out of it.
    Yeah, even looking at the individual sections via the drop down list is too limited. I suggest a change be made to "FCmemberX fertilized 8 plants in Garden1" and "FCmemberY trained Bird1, Bird2, Bird3, and Bird4". That's really all we need.
    (1)

Character
    Tiggy Te'al
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 53
    Quote Originally Posted by Sadana View Post
    Yeah, even looking at the individual sections via the drop down list is too limited. I suggest a change be made to "FCmemberX fertilized 8 plants in Garden1" and "FCmemberY trained Bird1, Bird2, Bird3, and Bird4". That's really all we need.
    Agreed. Some sort of intelligent log aggregation could go a long way to cleaning up our logs. I'll add this to the OP.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Belcross Panda
    World
    Famfrit
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiggy View Post
    Also, we have a medium house, and others have a small house. We are not all so lucky to have 3 patches as you are Xystic.
    Gotta work on getting that large LOT than
    (0)

Character
    Tiggy Te'al
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 53
    Quote Originally Posted by Xystic View Post
    Gotta work on getting that large LOT than
    God I wish we did. One extra garden plot would be amazing. Gonna be hard pressed to convince my FC to give up Lavander Beds Plot 16 in Ward 1 though. The proximity of the market board and summoning bell are to die for. In addition to the 30+ people who already dropped 300k on rooms. Probably not in the cards for us.
    (0)
    Last edited by Tiggy; 07-19-2014 at 02:08 AM.

Player
    Character
    Titania Basilikos
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 90
    I think a personal room 1 plant pot would be super cool. Doesn't allow intercrossing, but you can make stuff like krakka on your own.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Osric Sylador
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 50
    In my case, it's not too bad as we have a small house with around 30-40 members. But I still completely agree that there should be a filtering system for the updates. The text areas should be larger as well. Possibly increase/decrease options based on how many members your FC has? I know this would create issues with people simply recruiting for the numbers, but it might make sense to save on DB storage costs.

I'd like to also propose an auto-kick option. That is, a leader can set a certain amount of days that a member can be offline before they are removed. I.E. Set a "Global Inactive Kick" set to X number of days. That way, there's no fuss, no drama, no confusion, especially for bigger FC's. It's not too big of a stretch now for leaders to be active in the cleanup with their own policies, but still would save some effort.

P.S. Please keep these kinds of posts active. There is enough idiotic drivel on this board, always nice to see actual well-thought-out posts with suggestions. Sadly, they don't last long enough for responses, being lost in the sea of "HUNTS ARE POOPY" threads.
    (2)
    Last edited by Clavaat; 07-19-2014 at 02:00 AM.

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast