Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
    Player
    Character
    Delsus Highwind
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 50
    I'll agree it was a bit of a jerk move by the healer, but, You didn't "Need" the item per-say as it was for glamour, you wanted it, you should have at least said to the healer "Do you need that for an alt job?" and if not rolled need on it. If you get any pickups and any items are locked you should tell them at the start, or ask if it's ok with them but just needing and saying "Pass that" is also a jerk move.

I was trying for ages to get a Garuda's bow for my undergeared BRD for months because of people needing whilst I was on my DRG. My only other option would have been to spam run the new dungeons from 2.2 to gear enough to fight on my BRD.

There are also queue times, last night I queued Syrcus Tower on BRD (because I want to gear my BRD in ST gear) and I had a 15 min wait in prime time, but when I queued on my DRG think 15 mins to get a party, then the run, or just the time for the run, which would you choose? This is where the loot system falls over, you can't need for alt jobs unless you potentially nerf yourself going into content with a suboptimal job (ie one with a potentially much lower item level)
    (5)

Player
    Character
    Nestama Eynfoetsyn
    World
    Lamia
    Main Class
    Samurai Lv 90
    This kind of situation would never happen if the loot chests didn't drop Filtered Water (amongst other useless crafting items like Cooking Sherry, etc) 80% of the time. Well it probably would, but the desired gear would have a slightly higher chance of appearing because it's not contending against crafting items (we can already buy with GC seals and MB's).
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Beowolf Destroyer
    World
    Mateus
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    That fact he asked if it was for glamour suggests he may have actually needed it for an alt
    And no it's not harassment
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Magis Luagis
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Ddmk View Post
    That fact he asked if it was for glamour suggests he may have actually needed it for an alt
    And no it's not harassment
    Needing it for an alt is no different than needing it for glamour. If you don't actually need it for the class you are playing, it's a free for all.
    (5)

Player
    Character
    Beowolf Destroyer
    World
    Mateus
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Magis View Post
    Needing it for an alt is no different than needing it for glamour. If you don't actually need it for the class you are playing, it's a free for all.
    Of course it's different
    1. I will use it to look pretty
    2.i will use it to get stronger

BIGG DIFFERENCE
    (5)

Player
    Character
    Delsus Highwind
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Magis View Post
    It's very different, you need gear for stats, you want gear for glamour, there is no such thing as needing aesthetics, will you get turned away from runs for not looking pretty? Is there a vanity level requirement for content? No but there is an item level requirement for content based on stats, therefore you need stats, you want glamour.

Should I go to content barely scraping the Ilvl requirement, barely pulling my weight and being a liability, or should I go on a job that I will make a huge difference to the party? The only problem here is the healer was being selfless, possibly sacrificing loot to contribute to the party more.
    (6)

Player
    Character
    Fey Darkwalker
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 50
    My stance on Need rolls is if it's an upgrade to current gear you can Need, if it's for Glamour or AH purposes then you should Greed and allow the other players in the party a chance at it. While I don't personally condone the actions of the healer in this instance I feel it's a pretty selfish stunt abusing your class bonus on lotting for fluff items.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Iam Groot
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 60
    You should have let him have it, for having to suffer through your terrible connection.
    (9)

Player
    Character
    Skadi Felis
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Rowln View Post
    Should of let the healer have it for being super patient. Instead you DC a lot, wasting his time, then have the nerve to come to the forums to complain he waited out a loot timer. Kinda makes OP sound like the real prick. Lol
    A healer don't need tank gear. It would be no upgrade for him.
    And if the healer would have a tank and ilevel 80 would be an upgrade for the healer's tank, but never mentioned it, then it was the healer's fault.
    (1)

Character
    Buff Archer
    World
    Diabolos
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 60
    This solution worked out well in ST the other day when there were two extra drops (minion and some green throne gem thing) not part of weekly loot lockout, and it became clear there was at least one person out there who was trying to stall other ppl into giving up and leaving.
    Others: "Roll already!" - Nothing
    Me: "Ok I guess this part where someone doesn't roll thinking ppl give up. I'm going out for a cig." /sit - bam items all get rolled on.
    (Tip you don't actually have to smoke in real life for this strategy to work)
    (5)

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast