Player
    Character
    Syndal Striker
    World
    Exodus
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Tirocupidus View Post
    I think that person was talking about a special keyboard that can do that. You can't do it in the game interface.
    Darn, given tha I'm a ps3 player, I can't rely on such a device.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Adrahm Hausen
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 47
    Quote Originally Posted by Feilina View Post
    Having Makros for some quality of life features is absolutly ok. Things like buffing makros or so. But what i don't get is the need to automize nearly everything, at least it sounds so for me.
    Have you two a higher target in automizing your game with makros?

Don't misunderstand me, i just want to know it. You can do what you want wth makro as long as it is in line with intended behaviour.
    I think what Sinful_Snake is getting at is streamlining. On my way to 50 Weaver, there were a number of times it would have been more convenient to have a single macro rather than two performing the same synthesis hundreds of times over. Granted, pressing two buttons as opposed to one isn't the end of the world, but I don't think it's unreasonable to suggest a function that worked well in FFXI to be implemented here. /wait takes up a line that could be used for more complex and productive macros, making everyone who uses macros for legitimate purposes happier.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Syndal Striker
    World
    Exodus
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Abadacchus View Post
    I think what Sinful_Snake is getting at is streamlining. On my way to 50 Weaver, there were a number of times it would have been more convenient to have a single macro rather than two performing the same synthesis hundreds of times over. Granted, pressing two buttons as opposed to one isn't the end of the world, but I don't think it's unreasonable to suggest a function that worked well in FFXI to be implemented here. /wait takes up a line that could be used for more complex and productive macros, making everyone who uses macros for legitimate purposes happier.
    Finally someone who understands my perspective on the issue.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Ekko Noire
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 60
    And bring back the decimals !
    (1)

Zantetsuken
    Endgame LS on Ragnarok

Greetings,

Apologies for the bump and also for the delay in a response, but we received some information from the development team that in patch 2.2 we’ll be making it so wait commands can be placed after other commands on the same line.

For example:
    /ac “Swiftcast” <me> <wait.1>
    /ac “Raise” <t>

You’ll notice that for the parameter after wait, you need to add period and not a space. Also, when omitting this parameter it will be taken as “1.”

Hopefully this helps for creating a bit more space in your macros.
    (74)
    Devin "Camate" Casadey - Community Team

Player
    Character
    Mordermi Auditore
    World
    Diabolos
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    Greetings,

Apologies for the bump and also for the delay in a response, but we received some information from the development team that in patch 2.2 we’ll be making it so wait commands can be placed after other commands on the same line.

For example:
    /ac “Swiftcast” &lt;me&gt; &lt;wait.1&gt;
    /ac “Raise” &lt;t&gt;

You’ll notice that for the parameter after wait, you need to add period and not a space. Also, when omitting this parameter it will be taken as “1.”

Hopefully this helps for creating a bit more space in your macros.
    Awesome! Thanks for delivering this great news!
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Zireael Stargaze
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 60
    Would be nice if macro wait command allowed decimal points instead of full seconds. And 0.5 second 'precast' is missing from macroed actions compared to not macroed actions.
    (12)

Player
    Character
    Doctor Witch
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Goldsmith Lv 86
    I'd prefer it if /wait simply held the next action until a previous action completed, a la

/ac "Divine Seal" <me>
    /wait
    /ac "Cure III" <me>

That way we wouldn't have to guess at the number of seconds or fractional seconds required to meet the animation delay on "instant" skills, and we wouldn't lose time or efficiency when Selene is out (hasting our abilities).
    (24)

Character
    Tiggy Te'al
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 53
    Quote Originally Posted by Zirael_Foxfire View Post
    Would be nice if macro wait command allowed decimal points instead of full seconds. And 0.5 second 'precast' is missing from macroed actions compared to not macroed actions.
    No one is ever happy.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    M'laiboli Lhea
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Bridgeburner View Post
    I'd prefer it if /wait simply held the next action until a previous action completed, a la

/ac "Divine Seal" <me>
    /wait
    /ac "Cure III" <me>

That way we wouldn't have to guess at the number of seconds or fractional seconds required to meet the animation delay on "instant" skills, and we wouldn't lose time or efficiency when Selene is out (hasting our abilities).
    This is pretty much the best solution. If you lag just a little bit in a crafting macro, it'll miss a step and then you'll fail your craft. It'd be best if instead of /ac there was a single command that waited until the skill was available to use, then used it.
    (4)

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast