Player
    Character
    Hyouretsuzan Vlondett
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 90

Issues on GP

Regen is soooooo slow. 5 gp per few sec? Sure, that would have been ok when you just started out. But if you're level 50 and you have over 500 gp, it's gonna take forever to get that to max. Now it may seem like some way to prevent people from getting high quality stuff easily, but I think there should be a better way to deal with something like that.

Also can you at least make it that we have full GP when we switch to a land job? It's annoying having to wait on the GP when you have a lvl 50 unspoiled crop coming up soon, and you have like maybe 2 hours left (In game) before it goes away.) At least if we switch inside the city-states
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Tarrian Grey
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 50
    I would be happy with GP coming back at the same level it was when you switch classes. I can see that maybe they don't want you to be able to switch classes and switch back to replenish your GP, but when you are waiting on a unspoiled crop spawn, the current system prevents you from doing anything useful, unless there happen to be lower level nodes that you can farm nearby.

If you didn't gain GP by switching but also didn't lose, we could run some quests or craft while waiting for a node to spawn, and switchback when when the node spawned without penalty. It would be a big improvement.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Lemuria Glitterhands
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 90
    I think an easy workaround would be to have a percentage of your total GP restored when you're logging or mining rather than a fixed 5GP. They can keep the out-of-action 5GP gain as it is. At least this way there's an incentive to mine over waiting for it to regenerate.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Jasmine Clayworth
    World
    Spriggan
    Main Class
    Blue Mage Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemuria View Post
    I think an easy workaround would be to have a percentage of your total GP restored when you're logging or mining rather than a fixed 5GP. They can keep the out-of-action 5GP gain as it is. At least this way there's an incentive to mine over waiting for it to regenerate.
    Actually for every successful strike you get 5 points back while mining/harvesting. Still not a huge amount per node though, and I agree that the slow recharge rate for GP is lame.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Sinthral Darkgal
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 50
    I wouldn't mind having more gp for a HQ hit though, just give a bonus to it in some way. I would like to see some reworking with GP, because i don't mind how it's used and the regen it has. However, with GP and the skills, it's only a slight thing, which can help mainly on unspoiled nodes. However, for normal nodes it's not very helpful, but is nice to use occasionally.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Lemuria Glitterhands
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Joven View Post
    Actually for every successful strike you get 5 points back while mining/harvesting. Still not a huge amount per node though, and I agree that the slow recharge rate for GP is lame.
    Yes, but that's a flat 5 GP regardless of your total. My post suggest that it should be done on a percentage instead, so if you had a higher GP total you would accumulate a lot more GP.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Jasmine Clayworth
    World
    Spriggan
    Main Class
    Blue Mage Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemuria View Post
    Yes, but that's a flat 5 GP regardless of your total. My post suggest that it should be done on a percentage instead, so if you had a higher GP total you would accumulate a lot more GP.
    Oh, OK. Misinterpreted your meanin.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Alya Mizar
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 72
    Quote Originally Posted by Joven View Post
    But while you are locked on a node the regen over time is turned off. A level 30 - 40 trait that kept it on would help. Or perhaps one that gavy you an extra GP sor each step in a gathering chain. So chain 2 would recover 6GPs chain 3 would net 7 etc.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    M'ete'leskum B'leskum
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Revoked View Post
    I would be happy with GP coming back at the same level it was when you switch classes.
    THIS!

I hate to "loose" 600 GP to switch to some other class (let's say to repair gear, raise someone or turn in / accept some class specific quests in the location I'm currently in) and then wait around 10 minutes to get it back to 600. What I do now when "wating" or travelling anywhere is to always change to one of the DoL classes to have the GP charged just in case ... still annoying though This is handled really badly at the moment and need to be looked into by SE. I can understand a small cooldown in range 10 - 15 seconds top like when you switch to other clases and need to wait for all the cooldowns to reset but this is simply way to much.

I also support the idea of the increased GP regen when HQ-ing and / or chaining as well as having both time and node hit regen for highest class levels.
    (1)
    Last edited by HEC; 01-06-2014 at 09:46 PM.

Player
    Character
    Deadzone Night
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 16
    Quote Originally Posted by HEC View Post
    THIS!
    This is handled really badly at the moment and need to be looked into by SE.
    For a game that stresses, being anything at any time. Almost everything to do with switching classes was handled badly. Everything but actually switching classes, is a convoluted mess. My, Biggest gripes are
    1. GP reset when switching, along with the 30second or so delay to use any skills. It hurts you to switch to help someone out with a Raise or to join a FATE. Not to mention DoL can't get a reward for participating, but mobs from it can disrupt your gathering.
    2. Having to switch to a specific class to repair anything. along with gear being put back into chest in a random spot. makes something that should be extremely easy and fast. a pain.
    3. Armory Chest to small, especially with the introduction of PvP. 8 battle classes x 2 + 8 crafting classes + 3 gathering classes = 27, only have 25 slots. we need extra once they do Vanity slots.
    4. No Tackle Box for fishing. with a ton of Bait needed for fishing
    5. No pulling crafting materials from Retainers or crafting chest. makes crafting on the go, problematic.
    (4)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast