Player
    Character
    Azryol Desanges
    World
    Exodus
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloodclaw View Post
    Am I the only one upset with the tank darklight armor in every way?

1. They did very little to differentiate it from the armor you get while leveling up; "just strap on two blades to the back of the head and were good right?"

2. It looks bad, really bad. They took the worse looking armor in the game and somehow made it look even worse! (Not that hard though to be honest.)

3. It costs too dam much because they are sold in chest/head combo and leg/feet combo. Its a lot easier to buy a piece at 495 than to have to wait till you get 1320.

This in itself is unfair and should demand a re-design to the armor.

We need this changed.

_______________So you don't have to go digging too much:

I think ALL Darklight armour is ugly. not just for tanks but for us casters too
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Aka Kitsune
    World
    Goblin
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 51
    In the new trailer for patch 2.1 at 1:19 it shows a warrior in white Darksteel-like armor without the helmet (you can see the back of the new armor's headpiece in the video later.) Same exact texture except for the lack of helmet. To everyone who said that it was too much work to change this feature, and to the mod who said they wouldn't be doing it - LOL. Now, this is a new set of armor (with the exact same texture,) and if they don't retrospectively make this option available for all the existing armors using the texture, the dev team is just being plain obstinate; I didn't start paying $15 a month for laziness.
    Source:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ovjg2G0qk4#t=79
    (0)
    Last edited by Appleh4x; 12-18-2013 at 03:31 AM.

Player
    Character
    Arya Moonfall
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 70
    pleaseno more tin cans
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Bloodclaw Talon
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 90
    http://jp.finalfantasyxiv.com/pr/spe..._Realm_Awoken/

Look @ 1:14 !!!! Looks like we MAY be getting what we wanted in the first place, but in a white format... <.< >.>
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Bloodclaw Talon
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Appleh4x View Post
    In the new trailer for patch 2.1 at 1:19 it shows a warrior in white Darksteel-like armor without the helmet (you can see the back of the new armor's headpiece in the video later.) Same exact texture except for the lack of helmet. To everyone who said that it was too much work to change this feature, and to the mod who said they wouldn't be doing it - LOL. Now, this is a new set of armor (with the exact same texture,) and if they don't retrospectively make this option available for all the existing armors using the texture, the dev team is just being plain obstinate and I'm straight up going to unsubscribe because I didn't start paying $15 a month for laziness.
    Source:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ovjg2G0qk4#t=79
    LOL yeah I just noticed too!
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Talia Renton
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 70
    I like it too :3
    (0)
    C'est Vie ou Mort!

Player
    Character
    Lyrre Myste
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 80

Look @ 1:14 !!!! Looks like we MAY be getting what we wanted in the first place, but in a white format... <.< >.>
    hopefully it can be painted.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Traek Darksoul
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50

Not to crush any dreams.. but the White armor that looks like Darklight is very likely just pvp armor.. seeming as all the members were wearing a similar white armor, and its shown during the pvp Wolves Den section of the video. Hopefully this means they got the point though, and will be giving us crafted versions with disconnected slots.
    (0)

We spoke on this topic again with the Item team and were informed that items like the black mage mask, the turban eyemask, and certain heavy armor visors were designed before the use of the /visor feature was conceptualized. As mentioned in this post, it would take a lot of time away from creating new gear if they were to go back and redesign previous gear, but the team will be looking into creating new equipment with the /visor function going forward.
    (37)
    Robert "Hvinire" Peeler - Community Team

Player
    Character
    Korvus Rook'shir
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Dancer Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Tanama View Post
    While we're on this subject, there's one thing I am compelled to bring up: Why is there a lack of capes?
    Square doesnt want any odd cape misfortunes to happen lol

In all seriousness though, I do hope capes will be added in the future.
    I feel like they weren't added now because of processing worries or clipping issues. Maybe as it upgrades and when the ps4 comes out there will be some cape armor released in some way.

Maybe even treat it like an ability effect where you have the option to only see your's or see everyone's. That could solve the problem of systems not being able to handle it.

Quote Originally Posted by Anapingofness View Post
    Like others have said, I'll be very happy if they don't design anymore tin can armor... ever.
    ^ I feel the same way lol. Although like you mentioned there will be vanity slots in the future but still hopefully there wont be too many other tin can styled armor released.
    (5)

Page 20 of 22 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 LastLast